They did the same thing to Noah
Everybody wanted Yandhi
Then Jesus Christ did the laundry
EHvkc93WkAA3j0t

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
This album, land he bought, Sunday chuch thing and promotional tour screams tax fraud and trying to reverse the MAGA stuff.

Best Kanye is when hes upset legitimately or feels slighted for not getting a Grammy or award. The last few albums feel like hes rushed them out, even with delays. It doesnt help that everyone around him are Yes men. None of the people working on the albums since Yeezus have actual careers without Good Music now. Even Nas, Cudi and Pusha have released trash the last few years without Ye's fingerprints on them.

Someone like Jay and 50 need to push this dude into a new era of music.
He's trying. Explains working with 69/lil peep and now this. He's just an old dad now and all the hunger is gone. He used to set trends, but now he's just following them.

Honestly, it's fine that he releases mediocrity. Whatever on that. It's more the Trump stuff that continually just makes me shake my head. How can dude not see it? Maybe he's just too far gone into domesticated Calabasas life now.

It's just sad and a waste of talent. Dude supplied the music and soundtrack to so much of my life (and a lot of ppls lives) and that person is now apparently long gone.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Follow God is pretty good (kinda like MBDTF ye) but why is less than 2min wtf. The mixing is pretty trash.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
How can dude not see it? Maybe he's just too far gone into domesticated Calabasas life now.

i keep going back to this part from the pitchfork ye review:

But I can admit that after ye ended unceremoniously the third or fourth time, I put on "Family Business," and I thought about the kid from Chicago who wanted to be the biggest rapper in the world, who now lives in an empty-looking concrete mansion in Calabasas, who has stopped trying.

it's fuckin painful

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
As someone barely into rap but who appreciates well produced beats...
*skims some YouTube uploads*
...eh, Kanye's done much better before. I'll go back to Tyler, the Creator for now.

tyler's the new fave for sure. his albums have replaced the top class rapper/producer void left by maga ye.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
After being a fan since 2007, I told myself I wasn't going to listen to this bc 'Ye is on some ridic shit.

But yeah I'm going to listen to this.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
within a decade, kanye west went from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to releasing this basura and being a proud black conservative "TAX PAYING, GOD FEARING, MARRIED BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN" billionaire chud televangelist

you just hate to see it.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
tyler's the new fave for sure. his albums have replaced the top class rapper/producer void left by maga ye.
I'll always be a sucker for creative sampling mixed with original production elements (grew up into dance, then extreme techno genres, then extreme metal, and now I'm settled into funeral doom metal). There's something about Tyler and his music that reminds me of art house films, Z-tier horror movie scores and Ed Wood.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Saint Pablo is literally the perfect finale to Kanye's discography

KSG + Ghost Town the credits background music

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
This is noticeably better than Ye, lots of hyperbole going on in here, but that's the easy route.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'm sorry but why are folks giving money to a Trump enabler ? Isn't it hypocrisy to the max ? In fact why are we giving attention to a bigot enabler

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only two songs in at the moment...

Every Hour has a nice melody and the general idea of it is kinda cool. Production is kinda weak though, sounds clipped in spots and doesn't really have a lot of dynamic to it. Not sure if that's intentional or not, the mix just sounds flat.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Every Hour has a nice melody and the general idea of it is kinda cool. Production is kinda weak though, sounds clipped in spots and doesn't really have a lot of dynamic to it. Not sure if that's intentional or not, the mix just sounds flat.

I will say, Gospel music as it might be interpreted by Philip Glass is one of those things that when I put it into words, like, of course I'm gonna like that.

Oct 29, 2017
I can't put my finger on it. but its just something not right with it. like I think its Pusha T (?). His verse in particular sounds like he was a yard too far from the microphone. And like I honestly don't know if like were supposed to hear Kenny G tapping on his sax. I don't know if that's just good music or what? but I find it kind of distracting.
It's an good track. The problem is Kanye's singing.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Anyone saying this is trash (at least sonically) is something else. At the very least, it's decent. Yeezus is still his worst album.

This isn't that bad. I just don't by this devout follower business. But what Christian isn't full of s***?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop listening to Closed on Sunday. I keep laughing how bad it is especially that lemonade line LMAO.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
This isn't BAD, but it's not good. I honestly expected worse, but don't think I'll ever spin this again.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Production is cool, I like the cheesy Christian stuff with infused creativity

Every time Kanye opens his mouth it because absolute trash though

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
What's the best song? I'll start with that.

Best song as in listenable or best song as in "holy fucking shit this is the stupidest goddamn thing I've exposed my ears to this side of prager u clips from twitter and I genuinely needed to listen to this just so I could believe it's actually real" because the latter is Closed on Sunday

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, what the fuck is going on with the lyrics in Closed on Sunday? The down tempo instrumental and backing chants are kinda nice but that Chic-Fil-A lemonade bar is just...

Fuck man 🤨.