Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Not gonna say that most of the posts im seeing about JIK are " NEW YE AND COD TONIGHT"from college aged white people but yes that's exactly what I'm saying

his audience is almost exclusively high school and college kids who donate to youtube fringe right wing patreons, just look at kanye subreddits after his fucking horseshit republican chud dogwhistle ridden rants at recent sunday services.

thank you for doing what you do Agar25 btw

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The album is bad.

My score:

tenor.gif

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Never listened. Checking out All My Heroes are Cornballs. Hot take: Dope but it's cribbing internet culture a bit too much for me. I'm not feeling the originality that drew me to Kanye / Tyler.
I'm not a huge fan of Some Rap Songs, but I think you could definitely put Earl in the "big producer/rapper" category at this point.

Wabba

Apr 12, 2018
Loved this album on the first listen. Need some more time with it but there are some fire tracks.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
I never knew people liked Pablo...

given the absolute SHAMBLES of kanye's discography following its release and him turning into a republican christian fundamentalist creep, it's a perfect endcap to his career at the top of the game

the rollout is GOAT tier obviously, but the music is also brilliant; it's a greatest hits of all his albums basically, with lyrics that reflect on his entire career up until that point and also are conceptually cohesive with the "WHICH ONE" theme of faith & family versus fame & hedonism. just listen to saint pablo and that vision becomes clear

plus (nostalgia bias) the pablo tour was the only show i saw kanye live and it was the greatest show i've ever seen

all in all, it will be appreciated more as kanye gets worse lmfaoooo

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
How did the man that created Yeezus end up here

what the fuck was this shit bruh. I just want 2013 Ye back. Wtf

Absurdeity

Jun 2, 2018
this is probably his worst, lyrics wise. at least with stuff bleached asshole is bad but fun. these lyrics are just bad.
some of the production is cool though but wasted.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
my new headcanon is that Kanye West is a closeted bisexual who was so embarrassed and ashamed of the internet reaction to "Kanye West like fingers in his ass" that he went all the way around to being a hardcore conservative piece of trash as a way to bury that inside of him

please let me have this

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for people that are feeling it but it's a biiiiiiig miss for me. Bottom third Kanye for sure.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
my new headcanon is that Kanye West is a closeted bisexual who was so embarrassed and ashamed of the internet reaction to "Kanye West like fingers in his ass" that he went all the way around to being a hardcore conservative piece of trash as a way to bury that inside of him

please let me have this
I'm all for a good headcanon but "likes ass play -> likes men" is a terrible take, sorry

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note how coconut milk has all but disappeared since it became available.

Also, stream Baby Keem "Die for My Bitch", Hemlock Ernst and Kenny Segal "Back at the House", and Lucki "Days B4 III".

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
his audience is almost exclusively high school and college kids who donate to youtube fringe right wing patreons, just look at kanye subreddits after his fucking horseshit republican chud dogwhistle ridden rants at recent sunday services.

thank you for doing what you do Agar25 btw

🍻

And yea the more I think about it TLOP is aging very well. Waiting 6 years for the MBDTF follow up always was going to be underwhelming but TLOP is light years past Ye and JIK.

Like FSMH1 have the forever corny " bleached asshole" line but that into, the metro tag, cudi's hook, the female backing vocals he added later on the " I wanna wake up with you" hook...like there is a lot of good throughout that album. I've come around on it immensely. Will never happen on Ye or JIK though guarantee that lol

Oct 28, 2017
given the absolute SHAMBLES of kanye's discography following its release and him turning into a republican christian fundamentalist creep, it's a perfect endcap to his career at the top of the game

the rollout is GOAT tier obviously, but the music is also brilliant; it's a greatest hits of all his albums basically, with lyrics that reflect on his entire career up until that point and also are conceptually cohesive with the "WHICH ONE" theme of faith & family versus fame & hedonism. just listen to saint pablo and that vision becomes clear

plus (nostalgia bias) the pablo tour was the only show i saw kanye live and it was the greatest show i've ever seen

all in all, it will be appreciated more as kanye gets worse lmfaoooo

The Kanye Paradox: He is the worst rapper of all time that is also no whack...(like U-God) but he got 3 classic albums.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
The Kanye Paradox: He is the worst rapper of all time that is also no whack...(like U-God) but he got 3 classic albums.

i think his discography apart from ye, cruel summer, and this album are absolute masterpieces (former stan) but kanye has somewhere around 3 objective classics; albums that are objectively classics regardless of being a stan or not

and he did all that while being a 7/10 rapper on the whole (obviously there's 10/10 spots) in terms of flow and lyrics

🍻

And yea the more I think about it TLOP is aging very well. Waiting 6 years for the MBDTF follow up always was going to be underwhelming but TLOP is light years past Ye and JIK.

Like FSMH1 have the forever corny " bleached asshole" line but that into, the metro tag, cudi's hook, the female backing vocals he added later on the " I wanna wake up with you" hook...like there is a lot of good throughout that album. I've come around on it immensely. Will never happen on Ye or JIK though guarantee that lol

i was polarized by TLOP v1, thought it was a good album after the march update, thought it was great after the final update adding Saint Pablo, and by the time i saw the Saint Pablo tour... cemented as a masterpiece. and i still find new stuff everytime i listen to it, especially in what specific samples are used

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Pablo is so damn layered and well thought out. It seems sporadic and incoherent at first but it's really incredibly cohesive. A remarkable accomplishment.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't followed what people are saying about this album but I just finished it and thought it was not very good. At least it was short...

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
exactly

the album doesn't document a journey into being born again or documenting why it's happened beyond vague references to the devil and temptation. it's just HEY I'M BORN AGAIN PRAISE JESUS and not even in a beautiful way

just like ye, it answers ZERO questions and sidesteps any of the meaningful soul searching it thinks it's doing. except there was an excuse for ye because of how it was crafted while the chaos was still at its peak. now that we're pretty far removed from that, there's really no point to any of this if you're not gonna provide any level of deep introspection

Yep. Look I'm a white guy from Australia who has never been to church. I'm hardly one to comment.

I wanted to hear about what his connection with faith was growing up,why has he come back. How does he reconcile his faith with his lifestyle. How does faith impact the people he used to stand up for?

but we get some decent beats with lazy, lazy god lyrics on them. Not even interesting but lazy, like even the concept is just lazy. Jesus will save us! Do what you can do! You can be anything!

How can the man who said George bush doesn't care about black people now say you can be anything without any hint of irony. Why does he have a lyric saying he charges a lot (I'm assuming for yeezy clothing / concerts / etc) and "I can't let my family starve" when he is richer than almost any rapper out there now.

I was talking to a friend yesterday about this album and how he's fallen off and I didn't expect much but at least hes always interesting. This is not. I also mentioned the song family business as like a classic track from back in the day. I wonder when the last time he saw any of that family was? :(

Oct 28, 2017
i think his discography apart from ye, cruel summer, and this album are absolute masterpieces (former stan) but kanye has somewhere around 3 objective classics; albums that are objectively classics regardless of being a stan or not

and he did all that while being a 7/10 rapper on the whole (obviously there's 10/10 spots) in terms of flow and lyrics

Interesting: I would like to ask who else would you consider a 7/10 emcee. I would think K.West is a 5 at very best but you know, opinions...

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
He peaked in 2010, 2011 wasn't bad either. This album is ridiculous though, apple juice? smh

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this album is disappointing because I feel like there's a good album somewhere in here but damn Kanye has been all about this 11th hour finishing album bs lately and it's creating very incomplete and haphazard work.
Even as an atheist I feel like there's room for a gospel album with a hip-hop mindset. And this album proves it but doesn't follow through.
Also Kendrick's past few albums show just how shallow and surface level JIK is when it comes to tackling faith.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Pablo is so damn layered and well thought out. It seems sporadic and incoherent at first but it's really incredibly cohesive. A remarkable accomplishment.

perfect swansong.

college dropout
late registration
mbdtf

objectively. the rest are also classics (except ye, cruel summer, and JIK) but not objectively for one reason or another

Yep. Look I'm a white guy from Australia who has never been to church. I'm hardly one to comment.

I wanted to hear about what his connection with faith was growing up,why has he come back. How does he reconcile his faith with his lifestyle. How does faith impact the people he used to stand up for?

but we get some decent beats with lazy, lazy god lyrics on them. Not even interesting but lazy, like even the concept is just lazy. Jesus will save us! Do what you can do! You can be anything!

How can the man who said George bush doesn't care about black people now say you can be anything without any hint of irony. Why does he have a lyric saying he charges a lot (I'm assuming for yeezy clothing / concerts / etc) and "I can't let my family starve" when he is richer than almost any rapper out there now.

I was talking to a friend yesterday about this album and how he's fallen off and I didn't expect much but at least hes always interesting. This is not. I also mentioned the song family business as like a classic track from back in the day. I wonder when the last time he saw any of that family was? :(

spot on

hell these zane lowe & big boy interviews really bum me out. like beyond the stupid chud grift shit, even when he's bragging it feels empty, not like the yeezus era proclamations. there's no fire behind his eyes anymore, just emptiness like his calabasas crib

Interesting: I would like to ask who else would you consider a 7/10 emcee. I would think K.West is a 5 at very best but you know, opinions...

idk i feel like 5 is just a bad number to me, even tho it signifies meh (school grades have messed me up)

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
his last good album was 808s. I love gospel music maybe not gospel rap, but gospel/soul; I've heard a couple tracks and I'm disappointed enough to not listen to the rest of it. Disappointed because in all his previews he had a large choir doing some dope hymns, so i thought that would be the route he was going

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the clipping on the vocals, the mixing on some of these tracks, good god it's sounds like shite. Like the samples are top tier but once those shoddily mixed and nonsensical lyrics come through it ruins most of the songs. only good songs are

Selah
Hands On
Use This Gospel
Every Hour

Water could have been some good shit but then he just start talking shit and i wanna rip my damn ears out.

Oct 28, 2017
Most of ye lyrics are written by other people: GLC, Rhymefest, CyHi, god etc.

Nothing to be ashamed of, he even admits it himself, but that is why he will never be a 10/10 MC.
idk i feel like 5 is just a bad number to me, even tho it signifies meh (school grades have messed me up)

As an emcee myself, I value the pen and I guess since he's not writing things himself, it lacks some of the authentic presence that long for and the stuff he's writing it (No way Rhymefest or any ghostwriter gave him "Bleached Asshole" and the like)

And I am a firm, unmovable, unwavering believer in writing your own rhymes.

the clipping on the vocals, the mixing on some of these tracks, good god it's sounds like shite. Like the samples are top tier but once those shoddily mixed and nonsensical lyrics come through it ruins most of the songs. only good songs are

Selah
Hands On
Use This Gospel
Every Hour

Water could have been some good shit but then he just start talking shit and i wanna rip my damn ears out.

There has been a downturn in mixing in the last few years (I for one love it!)

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There has been a downturn in mixing in the last few years (I for one love it!)

Not when i can't hear what the hell he trying to say or the song is so loud i can't even focus on what is being said. That stuff was better on TLOP but on here it makes everything sound rushed. The only thing getting me through this album is absolutely the gospel influences otherwise i would have been able to get through it I think

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Oh no I started watching that interview with Big Boi and he's like the bible belt, this is america, where you are free to worship Jesus, in the open and it's like bro you can go to church just about any damn place, the fuck are you even talking about