Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
seeing how it ran on ps4 it's gonna be weird having a super blurry 720p mode and a x enhanced mode(assuming 4k)

Oct 29, 2017
NL
This is basically like saying why do BC on 360 games. There's a market, it may be small but Square may see some profits from it and gain a playerbase on another console depending on how it is released. If you are a 3rd party, it's almost always better to have your game everywhere instead of a single platform.

I personally am looking forward to seeing if it happens or not, if it does, I hope for BC on the first one so I can start there.

1 billion troops, I mean hours played through BC is not small. NieR as a bonus would be nice.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I've had it for ps4 since launch but haven't played it. I'd definitely play it on xbox

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I still can't believe I paid full price for this game. I fell for GAF's hype. Never again.

It's got some interesting stuff going on that I appreciated, but it's definitely overrated. It definitely doesn't deserve a massive thread for a rumoured 18 month overdue Xbox One port, but I guess this is where we're at now. Haha!

Yep

Dec 14, 2017

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never see a big audience for such a late port, especially on Xbox where i've never seen a big audience for Japanese games, especially JRPGs. Especially after all the ridiculous downplaying of these types of games i saw last year as they were coming out from the Xbox audience online.

So as for sales, i can't really claim that i personally think it'll be worth it for SE, but just the fact that some people who would refuse to buy it on PC or PS4 will now buy it on Xbox because its available is a nice thing indeed

Even more so during 2014-16 when these types of niche games was available in droves while first and 3rd party games were still lacking. You often heard, these games don't matter, as defence at the possibility of people buying PS4 over XB1 because of it's diverse library with Japanese games.

A more recent one from last year

"WTF is a Yakuza?"

lol.

In any case, if this is true, good. More people will get to "discover 2B's secret."

I guess that's good but that game was meh.

This must be a joke. It's worth playing for the soundtrack alone.

I played it last week on PC and it is great. Hopefully this is true and more people experience the game. But just looking at achievements on Steam only a fraction of people really beat it to see how great the game even is.

Yeah. The multiple playthroughs killed it for alot of people i bet. Too bad because the different routes are one of the best things about the game.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's got some interesting stuff going on that I appreciated, but it's definitely overrated. It definitely doesn't deserve a massive thread for a rumoured 18 month overdue Xbox One port, but I guess this is where we're at now. Haha!
You gave it an 8/10.

But hopefully you can appreciate for others it was their GOTY 2017. One which I can't wait to revisit if it gets X enhanced.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's the worst big platinum game because of the pace, but I guess they're trying to get more people to play it before announcing the Sequel.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Held off from buying the PS4 version, was waiting for a nice drop in price. But I'd happily buy it for the Xbox at full price, if my purchase could convince SE there is an audience for these titles on the platform, and doesn't require a staggered release.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
I still can't believe I paid full price for this game. I fell for GAF's hype.

Never again.
I feel the same way. However, I am so thankful for this game because of its GOAT-tier soundtrack. Otherwise, yes, I couldn't care less about the game. It's not terrible (it's pretty good), but I do not see how it is GOTY 2017 (my opinion). Still, it'd be nice if more people had the chance to play it.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Not a port-beg in saying this, but I think it would sell better on Switch port-wise - more of an audience for it.

Spencer's talks must be vaguely paying off then.

Oh man, I would be so happy if it was on Switch. It wouldn't definitely sell more but I'll also take a 4K or One X upgrade as well. Maybe they'll make Nier BC as well to compliment it! That would be great.

But yes, port begging aside, please Platinum, put it in both!

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
I'd absolutely replay it. I hope they bring OG NieR back as BC as well, maybe even do that as a pre-order bonus!

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It's nice that it will get a bigger audience if true... but... i dunno i get the wrong image out of an announcement like this.

It's something i would expect annouced in a video alongside Original Nier retro compatib, maybe even at a lower price point to shake the deal. It's more of a "badge" for microsoft to have it own their platform than anything else really... cause if people wanted on PC, they already can do that. So you are really only catering to Xbox console only players that want this game over 1 year after launch. And that is the definition of a Niche target audience.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
It is good that game comes to other consoles. Great for publisher and developers. Now, bundle it with Nier BC + Enhance it for X, and many will double dip.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

It's got the fourth most GoTY awards, Most Soundtrack awards, Most Story Awards and was #3 here in Era's GoTY vote thread.

Why wouldn't it invoke a massive thread about a potential port?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Would be a good game pass game if this is true.

No one is going to pay full price for this game this late unfortunately. And i say that as someone that loved what he played of the PS4 version.

But it would show that MS is vaguely serious about getting games like this day and date with the PS4 in the future.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This wasn't already on Xbox One? Wow, I'm surprised. I thought for sure it was. It's a strange omission, especially since it was released on PC!

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Epyon (the journalist from who the rumor comes from) tells he now has several sources confirming Nier: Automata is coming on Xbox One.

Update: Other sources confirmed to me that a port of NieR: Automata is indeed currently in development.

The paper on jeuxvideo.com got updated, reflecting the information.

Oct 26, 2017
Three things...

How often does this source get shit correct?

Dit it ever receive Pro support?

I remember people on Gaf back then and here too being ecstatic about it but why? Genuine question, what makes it so good?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What are yall referring to with the downplay thing? Whats the source?

Monster Hunter world would have you thinking otherwise

I can't recount the amount of dismissals of Nier A, Nioh and tons of other Japanese games last year from Xbox users, "who cares about these niche/weeb games", "X major western game will sell more than all of these niche games combined", "i'm not into -insert monolithic generalization of an entire game pantheon- anyway"

It was infuriating strictly because of my own personal preferences for games needing to have a nice balance between western games and Japanese to see such closed thinking on different experiences

Even more so during 2014-16 when these types of niche games was available in droves while first and 3rd party games were still lacking. You often heard, these games don't matter, as defence at the possibility of people buying PS4 over XB1 because of it's diverse library with Japanese games.

A more recent one from last year

"WTF is a Yakuza?"

lol."

Exactly

This is basically like saying why do BC on 360 games. There's a market, it may be small but Square may see some profits from it and gain a playerbase on another console depending on how it is released. If you are a 3rd party, it's almost always better to have your game everywhere instead of a single platform.

I personally am looking forward to seeing if it happens or not, if it does, I hope for BC on the first one so I can start there.

Great to see your open to buying the game :)

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
I can't recount the amount of dismissals of Nier A, Nioh and tons of other Japanese games last year from Xbox users, "who cares about these niche/weeb games", "X major western game will sell more than all of these niche games combined", "i'm not into -insert monolithic generalization of an entire game pantheon- anyway"

It was infuriating strictly because of my own personal preferences for games needing to have a nice balance between western games and Japanese to see such closed thinking on different experiences
And a lot of those same people downplaying these games would be over the moon for them if they were to hit the Xbox.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Nice, hope it does well on Xbox too, we need more games like this.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Makes sense, especially if another NieR is coming. If there's no deal with Sony I don't see why they should limit themselves to just one console even if the sales on Xbox don't turn out be that good.

I'm playing the game right now for the first time on base PS4 and the performance kinda sucks, I wouldn't have high hopes for the base Xbox version. X version though.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It'd make sense to me. The game was very successful on PS4 and PC and it has no actual exclusivity outside just never being made for Xbox One. Seems like something "phils trip to japan" would grab. Even if a another party needed to do the port for Xbox.
Will not be surprised to see it announced at E3 with DLC. But i'll take it with a grain of salt. I still remember the Ni No Kuni 2 on Xbox One rumors as well. I'll always stand by "the more people who can play it, the better" for any third party game.

Status
Not open for further replies.