• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
They didn't say it was a PS4 exclusive either.

final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4-exclusive.jpg

But given the way things are going it's probably coming for PS5 also.

World Of Final Fantasy was First on PlayStation and it meant a PC version.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
A bit late for that dont you think ...but YT did say that they would port the game anywhere if they got the money so it makes sense. And 360 is where i own the original nier after all...i wonder if SE would bring Nier back for MS's BC program

I feel this hits Xbox's current brand perfectly. They get to announce the port coming to Xbox One, potentially with X improvements, and boast about being able to play the original on the same platform through BC with enhancements as well.

I can see it, make it happen Phil.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
This should be a no brainer. Based on the sales of Monster Hunter, I think the Xbox base is open to Japanese games. No reason that a multiplat that is not published by Sony shouldn't be on Xbox.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't own an Xbox One anymore but I would be happy for my Xbox brothers and sisters to play that masterpiece. Fingers crossed.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this would be a announce before E3 unless they do some sort of Japanese developer montage

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's never too late for a single player game. The game made it's money back on PS4 and PC and Xbox is just free money at this point. There's definitely an audience there.

I've never see a big audience for such a late port, especially on Xbox where i've never seen a big audience for Japanese games, especially JRPGs. Especially after all the ridiculous downplaying of these types of games i saw last year as they were coming out from the Xbox audience online.

So as for sales, i can't really claim that i personally think it'll be worth it for SE, but just the fact that some people who would refuse to buy it on PC or PS4 will now buy it on Xbox because its available is a nice thing indeed

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I haven' gotten it yet so with X improvements I'd choose that version over PS4.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
I'll double dip. I also expect Lacrimosa of Dana and probably any other number of J region games that came out on PC that dont use PhyreENgine (so I think Disgea 5 and Persona 5 )

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good game if you have the X. I'd imagine it would run pretty horrendously on my regular Xbox One. I played it on the pro and loved it however.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Wait what?
Weren't the people on here pretty confident it would sell "tons" on the Xbox especially because the studio had that donation/charity thing going?
Sounded really on here like it would sell at least on par with the PS4 Version because of the X enhancements that everybody needs and wants apparently.
If not even that did well then Automata won't sell at all lol
It sold 60k on XBO in less than a week, we haven't had an update since then.

NieR Automata has sold 2.5m copies, which is five times what Hellblade has sold, so I think it has a pretty good chance of outselling it if and when it comes to XBO.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Good but I'm still wondering why is Nioh not on Xbox One considering Dark Souls 3 is probably quite successful on it.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Just report it to one of the moderators. It really isn't worth responding to foolishness like that
It's probably been reported multiple times now. There's a mod in this very thread that posted after them and most probably saw the troll post as well. This is how all Xbox threads turn into, it makes me not want to participate in these threads anymore because of the toxicity.

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I feel this will only be a big deal with X improvements. The kind of people who wanted to play this game that have an Xbox probably already made the move to get it elsewhere. (like me) Just imagine how many more copies would have been sold if it released at the same time as the others. Hype is dead at this point. I'm sure someone will say it's the Xbox customer's fault if it doesn't sell, wait too late for that

Oct 26, 2017
I would love it but I recall the developer saying it wasn't worth it which is pretty shitty. Why? Since initially they said they would wait and see how the PS4 version would do and then maybe make it for Xbox too.

Most of Japan may not care but I bet plenty of people outside of Japan with an Xbox would get it. I would!

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never see a big audience for such a late port, especially on Xbox where i've never seen a big audience for Japanese games, especially JRPGs. Especially after all the ridiculous downplaying of these types of games i saw last year as they were coming out from the Xbox audience online.

So as for sales, i can't really claim that i personally think it'll be worth it for SE, but just the fact that some people who would refuse to buy it on PC or PS4 will now buy it on Xbox because its available is a nice thing indeed
What are yall referring to with the downplay thing? Whats the source?

Monster Hunter world would have you thinking otherwise

Madsenpai

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Very nice game. Good for xbone owners if it turns out to be true.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I've put quite a bit of time into A Ending playthrough but still haven't finished it. Maybe I'll just hold off until we know for certain whether this is happening (and whether Platinum is willing to sweeten the pot if true). I'd love to play a definitive release of the game since I really enjoyed what I'd played of it so far.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I edited my post. They published it on PS4. There's clearly some deal there.
NiOh was set to be exclusive to the PS3 when it was announced. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept the same kind of deal sans the PC version since Japanese pubs view the platform differently than they did back in the early 2000s

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
lol i half jokingly said this would be happening the other day.

It makes sense and would maybe get more eyes on it this go round. PC may finally get a patch.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I played it last week on PC and it is great. Hopefully this is true and more people experience the game. But just looking at achievements on Steam only a fraction of people really beat it to see how great the game even is.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Could be true, the game was exclusive only because xbox is not existent in Japan, but with the success of the game in the west and the game is still expensive because of legs is a no brainer for western markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.