Djawed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think only alot of people only expect another big grind game. Like so many games now. SoT is not gonna be that.
This game wouldnt need it to be. Its core gameplay is already fun in itself. The customization in the full release is however going to really push this into greatness territory. This is going be the perfect relaxing and engaging experience at the same time. Its going to be hell of a good time with other people as well. Rare are really proving themselves.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This game wouldnt need it to be. Its core gameplay is already fun in itself. The customization in the full release is however going to really push this into greatness territory. This is going be the perfect relaxing and engaging experience at the same time. Its going to be hell of a good time with other people as well. Rare are really proving themselves.

I always say the game is more like Elite Dangerous instead of Destiny, Division, Monster Hunter.
Like Elite Dangerous you play more a role and how you want to progress is in the way you want to play it. And big part of the game is the part of being out there and managing things. Like Elite.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's for previews and interviews only, no?

If they had people actually at the studio, I think the publications would have captured gameplay videos. It only makes sense to show off gameplay, especially nowadays when videos are the main way to get attention in the media.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
If they had people actually at the studio, I think the publications would have captured gameplay videos. It only makes sense to show off gameplay, especially nowadays when videos are the main way to get attention in the media.

Yeah I would assume that this is the kick-off of the big marketing push. To put on my armchair marketing hat for a moment... They had great traction on Twitch during the closed beta so I would think it's time to show some more stuff that players will get to experience at least in a possible open beta if not showing more of the day one experience. We already know Major Nelson was filming a bunch of stuff at Rare so I'd assume we'll see some gameplay videos in the next few weeks (maybe a developer gameplay video w/Major Nelson and Aaron Greenberg like the Phil Spencer one?). They may hold some things about the launch day experience until after the open beta - I would assume if the open beta is as big a success as the closed beta they'll do a little victory lap of announcements and maybe tease some live events to stoke interest from players just coming into things with the open beta.

Exciting times indeed.