ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
Great news about the vaccine, however there still needs to be a plan to mitigate the virus in the meantime.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I listen to one every week, mainly for her I couldn't give less of a damn, but I had to listen to one then pray during their opening prayer that god expose the fraud in the election and set it right. So I turned it off.

So whatever one church pastor said that that went viral just know that the number of pastors who said a similar thing is many many more than you can imagine.

The power of Grifting compels them.

Guess they need to go hard in the paint for this cause they ain't going to be endorsed by Biden lol.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I listen to one every week, mainly for her I couldn't give less of a damn, but I had to listen to one then pray during their opening prayer that god expose the fraud in the election and set it right. So I turned it off.

So whatever one church pastor said that that went viral just know that the number of pastors who said a similar thing is many many more than you can imagine.
Pretty sure that can get their tax exempt status revoked.

Theoretically anyway.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
My parents are all full on the "voter fraud/faithless electors might flip it" train. It's upsetting to have people teach you morals and then sell out so hard for a man who displays only the opposite of all of those traits and beliefs. I can respect people of differing political views, but this is just different. It feels gross that they will believe anything someone says just because their name has a little "R" on the ballot.

I don't really engage in these conversations with them, because they'll believe the president over me. I did have a lengthy conversation with them about BLM when that came into the spotlight, and it seemed like my mom understood at least. But then a cop got hurt and they immediately flipped to "all lives matter". So what can I do to challenge this if the moment someone with authority says otherwise they'll flip?

It's kind of tough grappling with the idea that my parents are racists and hypocrites. I want to help, but it feels like a lost cause.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
My parents are all full on the "voter fraud/faithless electors might flip it" train. It's upsetting to have people teach you morals and then sell out so hard for a man who displays only the opposite of all of those traits and beliefs. I can respect people of differing political views, but this is just different. It feels gross that they will believe anything someone says just because their name has a little "R" on the ballot.

I don't really engage in these conversations with them, because they'll believe the president over me. I did have a lengthy conversation with them about BLM when that came into the spotlight, and it seemed like my mom understood at least. But then a cop got hurt and they immediately flipped to "all lives matter". So what can I do to challenge this if the moment someone with authority says otherwise they'll flip?

It's kind of tough grappling with the idea that my parents are racists and hypocrites. I want to help, but it feels like a lost cause.
It really is a cult. You cannot argue with them. Best strategy is never talk politics with them again and set strong boundaries. Conserve your energy lol.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Pretty sure that can get their tax exempt status revoked.

Theoretically anyway.
I mean sure they probably can. Problem is the venn diagram of people who are riled up and think there's election fraud and the people who go to churches who are saying things like that is just a circle. So as much as I want people to face consequences for what they do I also don't want to be catapulted into a civil war.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
It really is a cult. You cannot argue with them. Best strategy is never talk politics with them again and set strong boundaries.
The thing that is extra difficult is that when they ask me things about it they act reasonable, but then when I hear them talking among themselves they say some real questionable shit. I already avoid talking politics in my area as a rule, but it can be kinda sad to see that kind of cognitive dissonance on display.
But yes, politics is a no-go after these four years.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017

Same. It hurts a lot, but I've just resolved that I'll never bring up politics if they never do.

They tried to teach my 2 year old daughter to chant "Trump 2020!" when they were babysitting (seriously, fuck them for this), but this was back in March. I wonder what's happened since then to make them less enthused about chanting for Trump? So weird.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Same. It hurts a lot, but I've just resolved that I'll never bring up politics if they never do.

They tried to teach my 2 year old daughter to chant "Trump 2020!" when they were babysitting (seriously, fuck them for this), but this was back in March. I wonder what's happened since then to make them less enthused about chanting for Trump? So weird.
Fucking dragging babies into this shit now? Trumpers are a literal cult.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
My parents are all full on the "voter fraud/faithless electors might flip it" train. It's upsetting to have people teach you morals and then sell out so hard for a man who displays only the opposite of all of those traits and beliefs.
Surely the answer to this is simply "if there is fraud, it will be proven in the courts, if the fraud is proven, and it was of a big enough impact to overturn the result of a state, then the result will be overturned".

Faithless electors is just flat out bad faith / hypocrisy.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
The Republicans are going to do this every time they lose now, aren't they?
Well, they sure as shit won't win a popular vote. This seems like their only play anymore. It's also why the electoral college will never be abolished unless there's a Dem blowout in Congress.

It really is strange. I just don't see what they do in this guy that has inspired such loyalty. Hopefully over time his legacy will fade, but I have a feeling we'll be dealing with this cult for a long time still.

Surely the answer to this is simply "if there is fraud, it will be proven in the courts, if the fraud is proven, and it was of a big enough impact to overturn the result of a state, then the result will be overturned".

Faithless electors is just flat out bad faith / hypocrisy.

Yeah, that's what I said to them when asked. Isn't stopping their anger though.

Really happy that cities aren't burning after the elections, I was expecting the worst.

I admit that I was too and I am pleasantly surprised and happy it didn't happen. I just hope this isn't a delayed reaction: like they realize once and for that Trump can't steal the election back, they officially loose their shit. (I can be paranoid though, so grain of salt.)

Edited for abysmal SP mistakes and the like.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Really happy that cities aren't burning after the elections, I was expecting the worst.

Ironically, i think (and hope) that Trumps increasingly pathetic attempts to legally challenge certain states` results over days and probably weeks will drain the "knee-jerk violence" energy of his more dangerous supporters.

Personally, I´m almost relieved he seemingly really thinks he can win on legal terms due to voter fraud (which he won´t) instead of directly trying to incite violence and start an armed coup or some shit

Last edited:

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
it's been a thing for a while in certain states

shit's nuts
now? It's been like that forever in some states. Open carry is a thing unfortunately

Yeah, the last week truly opened my eyes to many subjects I been oblivious to. This is ridiculous. "Ma Freedom" has nothing to do with carrying long rifles around like it was a cellphone. What's the purpose of carrying like that? So if a fight happens, you can start shooting? It literally doesn't have an outcome that is not negative. They really need to reverse and put some gun control back in the nation.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the transition site and having Biden just making all the right choices so far....fuck me dude, its been so fucking long since we had a sane person in charge.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

oh...damn. i'd have trouble leaving my kid alone with them after that stunt. especially if our political differences were known.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, i think (and hope) that Trumps increasingly pathetic attempts to legally challenge certain states` results over days and probably weeks will drain the "knee-jerk violence" energy of his more dangerous suppoters.
Cities were celebrating. There would have to have been large scale coordinated efforts from Trumpers to have rallies in cities for there to be confrontations.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the last week truly opened my eyes to many subjects I been oblivious to. This is ridiculous. "Ma Freedom" has nothing to do with carrying long rifles around like it was a cellphone. What's the purpose of carrying like that? So if a fight happens, you can start shooting? It literally doesn't have an outcome that is not negative. They really need to reverse and put some gun control back in the nation.

We get that senate majority and we can hopefully see some big gun reforms.

Cause damn did I realize, only thing that stopped mass shootings was a pandemic. Before that it felt like there was one every other week.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing the transition site and having Biden just making all the right choices so far....fuck me dude, its been so fucking long since we had a sane person in charge.
Trump's Presidency was just to satisfy his ego. It was never about public service. The fact that 70 million ppl voted for this narcissist is troubling.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
I admit that I was too and I am pleasantly surprised and happy it didn't happen. I just hope this isn't a delayed reaction: like they realize once and for that Trump can't steal the election back, they officially loose their shit. (I can be paranoid though, so grain of salt.)

Edited for abysmal SP mistakes and the like.

There may be isolated once they realize Trump is well and truly fucked, but hopefully time will dilute a lot of the anger from the less crazy supporters. They'll still be angry enough to bitch on Facebook and Twitter, but most of these people are all talk and bluster. They aren't going to do shit.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Who do y'all want to take over Kamala seat, I've heard Barbara Lee pushed and thought that would be dope

There may be isolated once they realize Trump is well and truly fucked, but hopefully time will dilute a lot of the anger from the less crazy supporters. They'll still be angry enough to bitch on Facebook and Twitter, but most of these people are all talk and bluster. They aren't going to do shit.

I certainly hope not. Maybe some of them can even look back on this and realize how crazy it all was and move past Trump and his stupidity. I won't hold my breath, but I can pray and hope.