• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck off with the "that wasn't me" bullshit.

When that excuse comes about, might as well throw the whole apology out the window.

Like "yes it was you, you weren't possessed by a fucking ghost when you said that, maybe you could have learned or grown but no - instead you say "it wasn't me" because you think admitting guilt is a sign of weakness…you are literally issuing an apology!"

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This guy just said you're not really black unless you are "naked in the jungle black" LAST WEEK.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Anytime you see shit like this it tells me that the pressure is working.
"But but, what is the point of all of this? He will still have a platform somewhere! Why even do anything at all?! I am very smart while I sit here doing nothing and sticking my thumb up my ass while complaining about others actually trying to change things."

I saw some takes like that even here on era. You start to get the sense that maybe it's less they think it is a losing battle, and more they don't agree there is a battle. "Stop being so offended, snowflakes".

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
OMG this fuckwit is actually going in circles its hilarious

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
That "planet of the apes" crack was the last time I ever fucked with this guy. Something about the way he just came out with that so casually made me realize this dude is way worse than people realize.

I bet it will be more as: "He tried to apologize and you canceled him! 😞
Look how humble he is 🧐
You only wanted to silence him because what he tells is inconvenient for you lol" etc., etc.
Exactly what I was thinking. There is never a sincerity to these chuds "taking the knee", its all just the next step in their ploy. In this case it would be to create a siege mentality with his fanbase. Dude is too far gone.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Promote the vaccine, Joe.

His vaccine conspiracies are the dumbest fucking shit of all time, not just because its killing people, which it is, but just because his solution is Ivermectin and Monoclonal Antibodies....WHICH ARE ALSO MADE BY "BIG PHARMA!"

If they actually worked like Joe says they do, the Pharmaceutical companies would make MORE money by pushing both them and vaccines.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
He's not sorry. He's feeling scared that he might lose his cushy deal, so he's desperately scrambling.

Keep pushing everyone. Destroy his platform.

Grunge Hamster

alt account
Banned
Dec 1, 2021
He's not sorry. He's feeling scared that he might lose his cushy deal, so he's desperately scrambling.
Is he though?

This could be Spotify trying to salvage the money they put into the deal with him, and their public image. (They can publish a PR piece saying he regrets his past actions, and the company believes in change, etc, etc.)

At this point, he probably thinks he would be able to jump to another publish-- platform if Spotify decides to dump him. And maybe he still can.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Rogan. I'm sure that this and Spotify removing 70 podcasts is Spotify's plan to make this go away. I doubt there's any sincerity from Rogan on this given he could have apologized at any point over the last few years.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So what was it. Tylenol? What made him racist in those moments?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck Rogan. I'm sure that this and Spotify removing 70 podcasts is Spotify's plan to make this go away. I doubt there's any sincerity from Rogan on this given he could have apologized at any point over the last few years.
That's the feeling I get as well. This is Spotify just doing the bare minimum and then washes their hands of it. Something they can point to and say hey see we did something! And then Rogan "apology" gives them cover to allow him to stay.

Hopefully it doesn't get buried though.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The dude was agreeing with Jordan Peterson that a lot of Black folk aren't actually Black like last week

Makes him sick my ass

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Keep pushing everyone. Destroy his platform.
He's not sorry, but he also isn't worried about his deal. Even if Spotify were to cut him from the service and tear up his contract he would just get signed by Apple, Facebook, or some other big corporation.

This apology is just his attempt to make the story go away so he can go back to recommending horse paste and talking about ancient aliens.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Now that people are demanding that they take down my extremely lucrative show and the platform holder is curating my content, I have begun to see the error of my ways.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He will do a show where he does a wink wink nod nod to his fans and "I had to do it it guys, but you know the plan"
100%. He will just go on his show and just complain about cancel culture or something. He'll talk about how he apologized and still got shit on. His listeners will side with him.

Then we get to repeat it all again in a few days or a few weeks when he pushes another conspiracy theory or hands out dangerous advice.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
As the designated representative* of BlackERA, I would like to say that we are not impressed and do not accept this apology.

*not actually the designated representative of BlackERA.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Like he was doing a science expertment. A baking soda volcano where instead of vingar, you add "Nigger"
Vq4TmgJ.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I will conceded that even just 6 years ago what was acceptable to say is very different than now. Plenty of people even on this forum I'm sure said things that they regret. I will accept that people can change because I know I have.

BUT when the groups you associate with currently are bigots such as the people Rogan hangs with, then you add in his past racism, it paints a clear picture that he has not changed that much he just chooses his words more carefully. I'm pretty certain just by the company he keeps that he is a transphobe and a racist.
6 years ago it wasn't ok for white people to say the n-word. It wasn't ok before Rogan was born

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify must be hoping for a few things with this move. That it will appear they're "fixing the issues" with their talent, that most people unaware of the issues surrounding Joe Rogan is that he used the N Word and nothing else so in the common persons eyes "all issues are now fixed" and that by doing this the controversy will be done by the end of the weekend and anyone who is aware of "Joe Rogan apologized for something" means they can go back to their Spotify account they closed before the next billing cycle.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'mma be honest.

He looks like the type that says nigger 20x a day off camera to keep his teeth white.

6 years ago it wasn't ok for white people to say the n-word. It wasn't ok before Rogan was born
Yep. No reason for him to be confused as to whether it was okay or not. 6 years ago was 4 years AFTER Trayvon Martin's murder for anyone who could use a reference point.

Kamanu

Nov 15, 2021
He said he agrees that there's no context where a white person should say the n-word.

He also said the viral video were moments where he was taken out of context...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Literally last week, he was agreeing with a guest that some Black people aren't "really" Black.

Oh, and how about the transphobia, Joe? For example, all of this stuff from just last year:

www.losangelesblade.com

Joe Rogan: COVID-19 misinfo, right-wing myths, & anti-trans rhetoric

“Called out for peddling dangerous rhetoric, he shields himself claiming he should not be considered a ‘respected source of information

• On June 25, Rogan lied that "there's not a lot of overwhelming, overt discrimination against people who are trans, like, publicly other than the sports thing" and prisons.
  • On July 3, Rogan mocked and misgendered a young person who came out as trans to his friends. He also said that "it's fashionable" to be nonbinary, later claiming, "It's going to get worse."
  • On August 12, Rogan agreed with his guest Andrew Schulz's comments when Schulz used an anti-trans slur and compared trans people to QAnon conspiracy theorists, asserting, "QAnon is just like conservative t—–s. That's really all they are." Rogan also claimed that being nonbinary is "very, very self-indulgent," and said that trans people are "not experiencing real adversity or, you know, real discrimination, so you create discrimination against yourself."
  • Later in that episode, Rogan derided an unnamed trans woman, saying she had a "terrorist beard" and that "there's no way you're a woman." Rogan continued, "There are definitely people with legitimate gender dysphoria that want to be a woman, and they're biologically male. And then there's grifters. There's crazy people. There's people who have locked on to this movement."
  • On November 3, Rogan used an anti-trans slur, lamenting, "You can't say t—-y," before his guest repeatedly used the slur. He also mocked the idea of a comedian using they/them pronouns, saying, "Imagine if there is a comic who gave into that."

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I wanna be optimistic and hope it's the end for this piece of garbage, but fuck, this loser has such a massive following. He sucks so hard; Spotify better do the right thing but this jackass seems to get away with everything.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
The best and most honest thing he said in that video was "I never thought". True. True.