• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Joe Rogan's recent racist comments just a week ago

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
www.today.com

Joe Rogan apologizes for past use of racial slurs: 'It makes me sick'

"I can’t go back in time and change what I’ve said. I wish I could, obviously that’s not possible," Rogan said in a video apology.

Couldn't find a dedicated thread for this, so apologies if this is a duplicate.

One of the comments in the video:

This should be added in the OP that he still does racist shit like questioning the blackness of someone with this trolling about skin tones. This is from January 25th, 2022.

JOE ROGAN (HOST): What did Michael Eric Dyson call you? A mean, angry white man?

JORDAN PETERSON (CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST): Yeah. A mean, angry white man.

ROGAN: Hilarious. You're not mean at all. That's what's dumb about that statement. You're not mean at all.

PETERSON: I am white -- actually that's a lie too. I am kind of tan. And he was actually not Black, he was sort of brown.

ROGAN: If you're tan then what the fuck am I. Because I'm darker than you. That's ridiculous.

PETERSON: Neither of us are white.

ROGAN: Well, I'm Italian.

PETERSON: And he was brown, not Black.

ROGAN: Well, isn't that weird. The Black and white thing is so strange because the shades are such a spectrum of shades of people. Unless you are talking to someone who is like 100% African from the darkest place where they are not wearing any clothes all day and they have developed all of that melanin to protect themselves from the sun, even the term Black is weird. When you use it for people who are literally my color, it becomes very strange.
Michael_Eric_Dyson_2021_%28cropped%29.jpg

Last edited:

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Rogan would say if he walked into a theater full of Michael Eric Dysons.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am so sick of Joe Rogan. Please just go away at this point.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This should be added in the OP that he still does racist shit like questioning the blackness of someone with this trolling about skin tones. This is from January 25th, 2021.

JOE ROGAN (HOST): What did Michael Eric Dyson call you? A mean, angry white man?

JORDAN PETERSON (CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST): Yeah. A mean, angry white man.

ROGAN: Hilarious. You're not mean at all. That's what's dumb about that statement. You're not mean at all.

PETERSON: I am white -- actually that's a lie too. I am kind of tan. And he was actually not Black, he was sort of brown.

ROGAN: If you're tan then what the fuck am I. Because I'm darker than you. That's ridiculous.

PETERSON: Neither of us are white.

ROGAN: Well, I'm Italian.

PETERSON: And he was brown, not Black.

ROGAN: Well, isn't that weird. The Black and white thing is so strange because the shades are such a spectrum of shades of people. Unless you are talking to someone who is like 100% African from the darkest place where they are not wearing any clothes all day and they have developed all of that melanin to protect themselves from the sun, even the term Black is weird. When you use it for people who are literally my color, it becomes very strange.
Michael_Eric_Dyson_2021_%28cropped%29.jpg

Good lord.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The Rock is sure doing a lot of apologizing lately. He called her "triggered" for reporting his bad take on Rogan.

Maybe he learned his lesson not to be defensive over loud White guys because you think the Left mobs are attacking somebody for no reason when in actuality it is over racism? Doubt.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
That's not an apology. That's just a bunch of words barfed out to say he only now understands what the N word means. Eat shit you fucking racist troglodyte.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
He's "not racist" and "only used the word instead of saying 'n-word,' " huh? So, then, what's up with the planet of the apes comment? Go fuck yourself, Joe, you Neanderthal.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Oh shit lol he did delete it. People were throwing it at him and he must have panicked. He was trash talking a woman that called him a douche and used a transphobic word.

Yeah I just read it as it was posted and couldn't believe the 11 year old tweet was gone. Did it come up because her followers noticed it?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
"And I was trying to make the story entertaining and I said: 'We got out, and it was like we were in Africa, like we were in Planet of the Apes.'

It's amazing just how deep in the well he is, that he thinks "I'm just a storyteller trying to entertain people" is some excuse for an extremely racist comment. As if he just embellished so he's exempt from criticism. His comment still shocks me every time I read it... like that wasn't diet racist, that was racist racist.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah he was getting it heavily tweeted at him in his response to her, "apologize for this too!". He no doubt saw it right away.

My guess is he didn't even remember saying that. And I remember at the time he sometimes said stuff similar to this. I haven't heard anything like this from him for a while, so I hope it's something he's gotten away from, especially since I've respected him enormously for being a huge team player who built up other people as a wrestler even as he skyrocketed in popularity.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
To me, he'll always be the Fear Factor guy, and after learning more about his "work" there's no part of me interested in listening to what he has to say.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
My guess is he didn't even remember saying that. And I remember at the time he sometimes said stuff similar to this. I haven't heard anything like this from him for a while, so I hope it's something he's gotten away from, especially since I've respected him enormously for being a huge team player who built up other people as a wrestler even as he skyrocketed in popularity.
It's an 11 year old tweet and I am all for believing somebody can change in that amount of time. I am not a trans individual so I don't feel like I should have a say if it's not a big deal anymore. Him deleting it though is sus, unless he plans to address it later.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The Rock is sure doing a lot of apologizing lately. He called her "triggered" for reporting his bad take on Rogan.

Maybe he learned his lesson not to be defensive over loud White guys because you think the Left mobs are attacking somebody for no reason when in actuality it is over racism? Doubt.

Another brain worm addled idiot.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
Holy fucking shit. When you think he can't be a bigger piece of shit he tops it.
Fuck him, fuck Peterson, fuck all of them.
A big problem is that a black friend of mine that I went to undergrad with, he listens to both Rogan and Peterson. I haven't spoken with him for a year or so, but I wonder how he feels about either of them now.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
"GRR! I JUST.... I JUST HATE ALL THIS RACISM that I may have said. WHY?! WHY WOULD SOMEONE SAY RACIST THINGS??? THERE'S GOTTA BE A GOOD REASON! IN FACT, I PROBABLY HAD A VERY GOOD REASON! AND I JUST HATE SO MUCH THAT I HAD VERY GOOD REASONS!"

caffe misto

Oct 25, 2017
the electric city
Genuinely hilarious how it seems like he's going to apologize, and then out of nowhere he goes on one of his signature tangents for two minutes about what an unusual word it is.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
It makes me sick he still has a platform on Spotify. I guess Trump, Fox News and the entire complicit GOP have made being a POS acceptable for them but certainly much higher standards for the opposition.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
There's literally no way to wiggle out of that Planet of the Apes line. Absolutely no plausible excuse. Fuck this dude.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing Spotify threatened to take away his money.
Does it even matter? If they get rid of him, he just goes independent. His audience is actually smaller right now because he's exclusive to Spotify. If he breaks away, his influence will only get bigger, especially because a bunch of idiots will look at him as a "martyr" & "his freedom of speech was violated".

Oct 25, 2017
Warning: Content may be considered transphobic. The man who Joe Rogan claims is the 'funniest man in the world,' Joey Diaz, goofing on him last year over an apology/spotify money. It looks even more relevant today...