• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TableManners

Jan 9, 2024
images

LET'S GO KNICKS 🟠🔵🧡💙 BING BONG

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
lol. As a Philly and Embiid fan it sucks. Team is ass but whatevs. Keep that energy and make another thread when yall get eliminated.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I got no dog in this fight but I like seeing big market teams fail. So I wish the worst of luck on the Knicks and Celtics. Also nice to see Lakers and Philly out.

Oct 30, 2017
that MVP is going to age so badly. people will look back on it in decades and wonder what the fuck everyone was smoking.

"but it'd be three in a row for jokic" yeah exactly. should've been four

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I dont think his MVP is going to age badly. People will forget how much they dislike him, look at his stats and determine he was worthy. I'd rather Jokic got it but people act like it was absolute robbery when Embiid had a fantastic season lol. That being said another year another early embiid exit rip bozo.

Oct 30, 2017
I dont think his MVP is going to age badly. People will forget how much they dislike him, look at his stats and determine he was worthy. I'd rather Jokic got it but people act like it was absolute robbery when Embiid had a fantastic season lol. That being said another year another early embiid exit rip bozo.

the only reason anyone voted for embiid was that they were bored of jokic winning it and felt like embiid should get one at some point. it was and is indefensible otherwise. embiid is a better defender than jokic but if you're taking that into account then giannis had a better season than embiid.

embiid is an incredibly talented player — he obviously should've been top-3 in that race — who just absolutely does not have it when stakes are high. that's why it's going to age badly, because it's what people are going to remember him for.

OP
OP
TableManners

TableManners

Jan 9, 2024
All he had to do make Knicks fans not show up was to play better and not mouth off. But he did all that and took that L

Lmao Embiid L-taking ass

WE BACK IN THE GARDEN BABY

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
I am not a hardcore nba fan and I am fallowing the events in USA basket far away from europe with moderate interest….in the last year thanks to some excellent podcast, like hoop collective and jj Redick, I am more immersed in the nba then before and it seems to me knicks and laker fanbase have a self absorbed, pretentious and petty way to see the game of basketball that just makes the whole game much more flat, uninteresting and toxic.
a little bit like the console warriors in the gaming scene.
enjoy the success.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who has absolutely no stake in this, since I am an NBA fan but don't follow any particular team, the premise and content of this thread seems needlessly petty.

Oct 30, 2017
I am not a hardcore nba fan and I am fallowing the events in USA basket far away from europe with moderate interest….in the last year thanks to some excellent podcast, like hoop collective and jj Redick, I am more immersed in the nba then before and it seems to me knicks and laker fanbase have a self absorbed, pretentious and petty way to see the game of basketball that just makes the whole game much more flat, uninteresting and toxic.
enjoy the success.

this is what the average knicks fan is like

www.youtube.com

Knicks Season Opener - Sidetalk

Episode 86Knicks fans celebrate after a double-overtime win at the season opener against the Boston CelticsFollow @sidetalknyc on Instagramhttps://instagram....

not sure "pretentious" is the word i'd use

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
As someone who has absolutely no stake in this, since I am an NBA fan but don't follow any particular team, the premise and content of this thread seems needlessly petty.

Let them bask in the afterglow. As someone who sometimes likes Embiid and sometimes doesn't like him, his behavior in this series was infuriating for a Knick fan, and the OP is one.

But yeah this is why I don't talk ball or wrasslin online lol

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
As a Knicks fan it was a shame that he played so dirty.
Dudes been banged up and I hope they can get ride of Tobias Harris.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
I dont follow the NBA super super closely but isnt he an extremely dirty player?

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Oh shit, I didn't even realize the Knicks were in the playoffs. I swear I checked the bracket two weeks ago.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He was dirty but still a great player. He didn't get the help he needed and he was hurt.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I just read that the movie Civil War was originally written about a war between Philly and Knicks fans but the execs decided to make it more "broad range" for the general public. I hate hollywood.

GO KNICKS!!!!!!!

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
enjoy the success.
It's okay to not understand it, you can just say so.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Playing on one leg, suffering through Bells palsy and still scoring 40

Dont be an asshole

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it makes sense that Knick fans are treating winning a Round 1 series like the NBA Championship.

They'll fall to the occasion against the Pacers in 6 or get swept by the Celts.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Celebrating a 1st round win like you just won the NBA title lmao

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Playing on one leg, suffering through Bells palsy and still scoring 40

Dont be an asshole

It's a bit much for sure, but his brazenly dirty and dangerous play this series has definitely turned more people against him, which is likely the cause of outbursts like this.

What he did was amazing for everything he was going through, but he could have still done all that without being a prick. As a result I'm glad he got eliminated

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Came into the series with a great deal of respect for Joel's game, but I had no idea he was such a dirty player. So unnecessary as well because of his talent. But his reputation has taken a major hit, and it wasn't just Knicks fans and Knicks media people pointing out Joel's flagrant behavior.

Maxey, on the other hand, is that dude.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I'm aight with joell but the leg pull was draymond tier. I say that as a warriors fan so now I have to shut up 💀

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Im only just realizing that working from home means I don't get exposed to Knicks drama/triumphs from my coworkers anymore. I do admire folks who are die hard fans since the kinicks have largely been shit for the past like 30 years lol