septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023

xUQKx6.gif

As a Wolves fan, I loved this.
Then we immediately got bounced in the first round. 🤷‍♂️

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite player is Kawhi Leonard, so I'm not about to talk shit about performances while injured 🥴

Oct 28, 2017
*Now when I came out, I told you it was just about The Knicks
Then everybody had to open their mouth with a motherfuckin' opinion
Well this is how we gon' do this
Fuck Brunson, fuck Hart
Fuck The Knicks as a team, a organization and as a motherfuckin' fanbase
And if you want to be down with The Knicks, then fuck you too
Spike Lee, fuck you too
All you motherfuckers, fuck you too (take money, take money)
All of y'all motherfuckers, fuck you, die slow, motherfucker
My .44 make sure all y'all draft picks don't grow....

(Tupac wrote this on his private island last night)

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
Trying to soak up every moment of this. NYC hasn't had a basketball team like this in decades. Go KNICKS!

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
He is a great player but his body doesn't seem built to withstand a full season + playoffs which explains why he's the only MVP to never make a conference finals. Every season when it gets to April/May he looks like he ages 10 years. Thats not something that will probably get better as he gets older. Im not sure what the next steps are for Philly they probably need to surround him with another A/B player who is as good or at least nearly as good as he is and thats tough to do.

Honestly feel like they waited too long to pull the plug on trying to make him and Simmons work. Hindsight is 20:20 but even at the time it was apparent they were trying to spread their roster trying to accomodate a core that didn't actually have anything in synch with one another.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
As a casual basketball/american fan, i know its a sport where an individual player can have a far bigger impact on a single game, so i get it, but its still catches me that its a sport where an entire teams successes or failures generally can get pinned on one player in a team sport.

like yeah obviously star players in other sports get the lions share of media attention/fan reaction too but i wouldn't say they are magnified to that degree

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Pat Beverley thanks you for taking the attention away from his stupid soon to be suspended ass.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Embiid should have won a whole lot of respect from me by carrying his team through a close playoff series on one leg.

If not for all the leg pulling, stomping, nut kicking, etc behavior.

Oct 28, 2017

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That is a bit more than just happy they won a game. We wild out in Philly for any given reason but I don't remember doing all this. (Could have missed it for sure )

Knicks have a really die hard fanbase that has been mired in disappointment for almost the entire adult lives of every Knick fan. The fan reactions I think reflect that. Fans being super excited that their team is finally good isn't such a bad thing.

Oct 28, 2017
Knicks have a really die hard fanbase that has been mired in disappointment for almost the entire adult lives of every Knick fan. The fan reactions I think reflect that. Fans being super excited that their team is finally good isn't such a bad thing.

In theory I am 100% with you however, if this was Philly fans and we did the same thing the SportsCenter narrative writes itself. The Knicks aint won in 50 years but the Sixers aint won in 40 and that is basically the same thing at this point.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
In theory I am 100% with you however, if this was Philly fans and we did the same thing the SportsCenter narrative writes itself. The Knicks aint won in 50 years but the Sixers aint won in 40 and that is basically the same thing at this point.

I think it'd be fine in either scenario, narrative or not. Nothing says salty as fuck more than trying to clown fans for being excited that their team is good/won a playoff series. Just nonsense try-hard sports discourse.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure. Philly Fans have been known for doing weird, awful shit in the arenas of the games. As a sports reporter, you gotta report on that. whereas these Knicks fans are doing this wired, awful shit in the streets.

Oct 28, 2017
I think it'd be fine in either scenario, narrative or not. Nothing says salty as fuck more than trying to clown fans for being excited that their team is good/won a playoff series. Just nonsense try-hard sports discourse.

You are probably right...

I'm not sure. Philly Fans have been known for doing weird, awful shit in the arenas of the games. As a sports reporter, you gotta report on that. whereas these Knicks fans are doing this wired, awful shit in the streets.

Philly fans are no worse than any other fan base when it comes to like minded cities (Chicago, Boston , NYC ,L.A. etc) You ever read about the shit that happens at Dodgers games?

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
This series has made the playoffs fun. I need the broadcast teams to play up the Pacers vs Knicks rivalry as well. I hope we get Knicks vs Celtics.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
Philly fans are no worse than any other fan base when it comes to like minded cities (Chicago, Boston , NYC ,L.A. etc) You ever read about the shit that happens at Dodgers games?
Right but haven't l Dodgers fans earned a similar rep as Philly? That said, upon retrospect, I do concede that NYC might be catching a break from Sports Media.

NativeTongue

Oct 4, 2023
NYC
I'll give Embiid credit in that this is the 1st time that he lost in the playoffs and didn't throw anyone under the bus in the post game press conference. That's usually his MO.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I almost did the same thing when the San Francisco 49ers lost in the Super Bowl because their team and fanbase spent the last year and a half downplaying and whining about losing in the NFC Championship game the previous season, still whined after destroying the Eagles in the regular season, and couldn't stop thinking about them every single day of their lives.

Big Dom being there was all you needed to know for what was gonna happen to the Sixers that night

L's all around.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
I didn't even know about this Team USA drama with Embiid. I thought what Paolo Banchero was bad, but Embiid did Team France even more dirty:

www.nbcsports.com

Joel Embiid picks USA for Olympics over France, Cameroon

NBA MVP Joel Embiid hopes to play for the U.S. at the 2024 Paris Olympics instead of France or Cameroon.

Lol: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...rom-entering-country-for-olympics-i-hate-him/
Why exactly would he play for france in the first place ?

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
76ers could've been like OKC with lots of picks to add to their talent but they had to waste it.
I think more needs to be said about how Morey is not the great GM everyone thinks he is.

Edit: I know Morey wasn't the GM when they made the Tobias/Jimmy moves. Morey is still overrated though.

Last edited:

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very interested to see if this cap space plan works out for the Sixers. Theyve barely scraped through the Simmons and Harden situations and the playoffs this year showed that the team simply isn't good enough to compete at the highest levels, partially because Morey was so intent on preserving the cap space. It won't roll over so they had better make the most of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know about this Team USA drama with Embiid. I thought what Paolo Banchero was bad, but Embiid did Team France even more dirty:

www.nbcsports.com

Joel Embiid picks USA for Olympics over France, Cameroon

NBA MVP Joel Embiid hopes to play for the U.S. at the 2024 Paris Olympics instead of France or Cameroon.

Lol: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...rom-entering-country-for-olympics-i-hate-him/

He did them dirty by playing for the country he's been in for the last 14 years instead of the one he's never lived in.

Lev

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Why exactly would he play for france in the first place ?

He literally wrote a letter to Emmanuel Macron, asking for French citizenship so that he can play for Team France. France gave it to him and now he has backed out, lol:

basketnews.com

Joel Embiid had promised President Macron he'd only play for France

Following months of indecision, Joel Embiid will ultimately play for Team USA. However, a letter has surfaced where the player himself has promised the French president Emmanuel Macron he would only play for France.

Lev

Oct 29, 2017
United States
He did them dirty by playing for the country he's been in for the last 14 years instead of the one he's never lived in.

Surely if he asked earlier, they would have helped as they did recently (Team USA). Now he has US citizenship and can play for Team USA.

Ask yourself what stopped him from asking years ago when he was already an elite player.