• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
fuck, i was really surprised
rest in peace :(
loved his WTF series

Last edited:

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of complicated emotions about TB, and in general his legacy is a very complicated one. But cancer fucking sucks and I wish the best to his loved ones

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
The color does not tell you the severety of the illness. It just tells you where the problem is. Dark red color implies that the blood had some time to travel through the digestive system, ie. stomach. Lighter red on the other hand is most likely because of blood from the rectum or other last parts of the digestive system. Any blood is a problem and should be checked out, especially if it's not just a one time thing.

RIP TB

For sure, it's just that a light coloured blood isn't always bad, so people really shouldn't get scared or distraught if they see it, but obviously yeah if it happens multiple times you'd want it checked just in case. On the other hand *dark* blood is almost always bad, I can't think of any normal reason why it should be there, so you don't want to take any risks even if it is just a one off.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado

This was the one that finally broke me. I used to spend my morning and afternoon commutes listening to their podcast, and it quickly became a constant source of entertainment in my life. TB is a god damn legend in my eyes and he brought me many hours of entertainment on the open road. I'll say it again, Rest in Peace my brother, you did more than you would ever give yourself credit for.

Firestar

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Followed him a lot during the SC2 days, and many of the co-optional podcasts. It really hasn't sunk in yet. Rest in peace, TB.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
RIP TB

Really sad news, I've enjoyed his content for years from his WOW stuff and co optional was a real pleasure each week.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
His Terraria series with Jesse is still something I come back to from time to time. Aside from that I didn't watch/listen to him directly but his presence has been felt all over the gaming world, and especially in PC gaming, in many different ways. It's strange that he won't be there anymore.

Rest in peace.

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the first thing I see on Twitter is people mocking is death.

Im so fucking sick of this.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
That's so sad to hear... He was one of the first critics/entertainers I watched on YouTube. I loved how well-formed his opinions were, and how he tried to always shine some light on hidden gems. He will be missed.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Repeatedly attempting to test the boundaries of propriety
Of course the first thing I see on Twitter is people mocking is death.

Im so fucking sick of this.

He mocked other people all the time in relation to this. Not defending them whatsoever but I get why some might knee-jerk react that way.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
R.I.P. John, I didn't know him but I wish him family the best and hope he finds his Nirvana.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I've always heard about TotalBiscuit, but I can't say I'm familiar with his content or who he really was. That said, it's always sad to hear someone passing away, especially at such a young age. RIP.
If you are not into PC gaming then you would not have heard of the guy it's fair to say. Most people who heard of him probably did so from the GG aftermath and tbf that was also probably the time most people on here dropped off listening to his content after that as well. It puts him in a weird spot where those of us into PC gaming a few years back are tremendously grateful for what he did but also the GG debacle was not great and shone a negative light on the guy.

His WTF series and port reports were invaluable at a time when mainstream media did not cover PC gaming.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
This really hurts, and even though I've never met or ever will have met the man, I guess I was preparing myself for this.

Rest n Peace, Mr. Bain.

I hope the message he was trying to spread years ago when he was first diagnosed does not go ignored. If you notice something strange going on with your bowels or blood in your stools, make it important to see someone about it. 33 is way too fucking young to pass away.

Status
Not open for further replies.