DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It may not be out of the question for John Boyega to return to a galaxy far, far away... if the stars align. In a clip shared by a Twitter user, Boyega, who played Stormtooper-turned-Resistance-fighter Finn, affirmed that he would be open to playing in the Star Wars world again — if Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams are involved.

"Whichever way, I am open to the conversation as long as it is Kathleen, J.J., and maybe someone else and the team, it's a no-brainer," he said.

More at:
ew.com

John Boyega open to 'Star Wars' return if Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams are involved

John Boyega says he would be willing to return to 'Star Wars' if the right circumstances align.

Call me scum if old

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Christ almighty. Don't know the inner workings but jeez, work drying up or something. Could just be blowing smoke up their arses to get a good reference knowing it probably won't be JJ but he has sway to put in a good word.

Star Wars Episode X - Reyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Rey "Hello there"....."Excuse me...Wan moment...Good. I can feel your anger. Hi Finn "

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
But is he now willing to get Disney plused?
It's still crazy to me that he is willing to work with JJ again after what happened.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I mean John seems like a loyal dude and JJ gave him his first big break.

This isn't that surprising.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Bring him back and develop his story further. I love his character, in principle. The writing just needs to be better.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, no thanks. Disney plus'd too much?
On the other, weird that Ryan Johnson is always snuffed from the conversations, considering he is still involved somehow with SW.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Give him his own D+ TV series, adventures seeking out other First Order orphans, like himself, learning about the force while doing so.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
But is he now willing to get Disney plused?
It's still crazy to me that he is willing to work with JJ again after what happened.
Seems like it. Even open to animation:

www.starwarsnewsnet.com

John Boyega Open To 'Star Wars' Return On TV - Star Wars News Net

John Boyega has said that he's interested in returning to Star Wars on television, particularly if Colin Trevorrow's planned story for Finn is adapted.

"I think Colin Trevorrow was going to tell that story. That image of Finn with the blue flag, and you have the AT-ATs lined up with tribal marks, and the stormtroopers take off their helmets. That would have been sick! That would have been dope, man, hands down… I'm a Mandalorian fan, so Lucasfilm is doing very well with the TV shows. An animated show would be dope! We could do it from home."

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
JJ went to bat for him when Disney was on that racism so it makes sense

But also, I assume JJ and Kathleen allowed them to write him into "hey where's Rey?" as well

I'm still salty how they did Finn in this. From showing my dude with lightsaber to cutting him telling Rey he was force sensitive. Straight clowning

Antoo

May 1, 2019
JJ is not surprising since he has made it clear his dissatisfaction mostly comes from how his character was treated in TLJ

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So something I just found out is while the article is from today, the video is much older. Originally I thought it was post his GQ interview but it actually came out in May 2020.

The article I linked below however is from post his GQ interview where he expressed interest in returning

Seems like it. Even open to animation:

www.starwarsnewsnet.com

John Boyega Open To 'Star Wars' Return On TV - Star Wars News Net

John Boyega has said that he's interested in returning to Star Wars on television, particularly if Colin Trevorrow's planned story for Finn is adapted.

DemyxC

Dec 3, 2020
I don't know why nerds keep pretending this dude ever had a problem with JJ just cause they do.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, which one is the movie that had him on an inflated diaper?

Makes sense he is Open to work with J.J

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people keep raising an eyebrow at JJ. It's clear they liked working with him in their day to day. That's more important than how the narrative turned out for an actor.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising. Rian Johnson is the one who screwed his character over. Although JJ didn't do much to restore him in the final movie.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he needs to come back but he shouldn't put all of his eggs into that basket. They could just as well create something significant for him with a suitable director. There is a big story to tell there, but I do not believe JJ will be the one to tell it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"It's all Rian's fault!

*looks at TFA's marketing and the entirety of TROS*

Antoo

May 1, 2019
the cast loves JJ

Ridley cried when she found out he was coming back (tears of joy obviously lol)

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Hope he does come back.

Same for Daisy Ridley.

It's gonna rile up a lot of people that he didn't say Rian, haha.