Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fans, I guess (if you Google their names + fantastic four then you'll find a bunch of other photshops as well).

38202143_692241134477082_3638398780786606080_n.jpg

Haha holy shit this looks awful

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
isn't this the reason he got the role? maybe i'm dreaming but i could have sworn there was an interview not too long ago where he said he had his lawyers approach them about the likeness, and instead of filing suit they secured his right to the role if/when the movies got made
Yeah, he got the role so he wouldn't sue. I love they even put it in the 4th issue of The Ultimates.

OsFhYR0l.jpg

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
isn't this the reason he got the role? maybe i'm dreaming but i could have sworn there was an interview not too long ago where he said he had his lawyers approach them about the likeness, and instead of filing suit they secured his right to the role if/when the movies got made

Holy shit that's awesome.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fans are so bad at coming up with casting ideas. "They're married in real life so they should play the married characters!" It's just like when it comes time to cast a redheaded character and fans only suggest redheaded actors, like you can't dye your hair for a role.

OP
OP
SArcher

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fans are so bad at coming up with casting ideas. "They're married in real life so they should play the married characters!" It's just like when it comes time to cast a redheaded character and fans only suggest redheaded actors, like you can't dye your hair for a role.

That actually does annoy me.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I thought this was some sort of announcement or at least a credible rumour. This thread made me excited about the news of a Fantastic Four movie before taking it away.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The thread title made it sound like something had actually happened. >_>

In a vacuum the casting is really solid but an x-factor that usually goes unsaid is Human Torch. I'd expect him to be around college grad age at oldest given his behavior and rapport with Spider-Man and I'm curious if that'd influence how much older Sue and thus Reed are in comparison.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I just want Mads as Doom, with how proficient Doom is with magic, just say Kaecilius was a Doom bot all along

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Danzig as Wolverine and Clint Eastwood as Cable can still happen!

Apparently they actually gave Danzig an audition back when they were making the first Fox movie, but the results they got were about what you'd expect for a non-acting rock singer who fans only picked because he's the only famous guy they could think of who was both short and had muscles.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting for Zendaya to dye her hair red

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel casts the actors they deem worthy, not who fans pine over or whoever gushes at a press junket how they'd be a perfect [insert iconic hero here] in a future film.

That's how it actually works. They won't fix what isn't broken.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would have an even harder time buying John Krasinski as a scientific genius than I do buying him as an action hero.

Emily can do anything though.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I remember Martin Freeman as Bilbo in The Hobbit being a popular fan choice before it was announced.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel casts the actors they deem worthy, not who fans pine over or whoever gushes at a press junket how they'd be a perfect [insert iconic hero here] in a future film.

That's how it actually works. They won't fix what isn't broken.
Yep. This is gonna be like when everyone on Gaf wanted Dylan O'Brien as the new Spider-Man and Marvel just hires Tom Holland out of nowhere.

Say what you want about the overall quality of the MCU but Sarah Halley Finn is a genius level casting director that has yet to make a bad choice imo.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'd actually Ioan Gruffard another chase to do Reed. He easy a decent choice back then. Just the scripts gave him nothing.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
people who saw him with a beard and said "he can play Mr Fantastic and he's dating Emily Blunt so she can be Mrs. Fantastic!" Very shallow casting.

Lol as if Marvel actually didn't do this when she turned them down for Black Widow.

Edit: Honestly though if they wanted a real life couple there are better options.

Here's a fun thought experiment
Reid Richards: Adam Brody
Sue Storm: Leighton Meister
Ben Grimm: Ben Mackenzie
Johnny storm: Whoever

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Haven't they both been in talks or consideration for roles before? That's the only reason I think it's been a possibility.

Krasinski was rumored for Captain America, and Blunt was in talks for Black Widow.