SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Live, Die, Repeat is sort of a super hero movie isn't it?

I wouldn't say so, otherwise you'd have to say the same about any action movie out there. But my argument wasn't around the kind of movie itself, but the commitment actors generally need to have. Edge of Tomorrow was a single film and that was it (hopefully the sequel will happen though). Now if she got the role of Captain Marvel, how many movies she would have to do? As I mentioned, if it is a role for one film it might happen, but not a character that will appear constantly. I don't think she is interested in that.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Fans, I guess (if you Google their names + fantastic four then you'll find a bunch of other photshops as well).

38202143_692241134477082_3638398780786606080_n.jpg
Omg lol i cant with those photoshops

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel wanted Emily for Black Widow initially back in the day, and I'm sure they've been keeping an eye on her for a future role. They were gold in A Quiet Place, and Mary Poppins Returns has probably brought EB's price back down some so it's def. possible. They might even looks at John to co-write or direct...

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Unrelated and honestly kind of silly of me since I should expect it living in NYC, but interning in Manhattan last summer and walking out of that building I just made straight eye contact with the couple, who were dressed in gala outfits of some kind. Was unreal.

Oct 27, 2017
If they're making fantastic four with the intention of the franchise going further than 2 movies and with character appearances in other films they'd likely be looking for actors under 40. John is pushing it and probably won't want to keep doing films like that when hes in his 50s.
It'll likely be young actors that are kind of big now but will be more well known in the next few years like nicholas holt.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fast & Furious?
Final Fantasy?

Step aside, there is a new challenger in the town

I trust Feige and Marvel Studios. Their casts so far have nailed it. Didn´t saw Cap. Marvel tho. Some people saying that Brie is not a good fit for Carol but I barely know the character anyway so I don´t mind

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Patrick Stewart was fancast as Xavier, but to be fair, he was a prominent bald actor in the 90s and fancasting almost never extends beyond shallow physical resemblance. See also Bryan Cranston being fancast as Lex Luthor because he was bald on TV. Triple H was also a popular fancast for Thor, which is... lol...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This can not happen.

Sue and Johnny are almost the same age.

They're not gonna have all 4 characters in their 40s.

So John can work as mr fantastic but you can't have Blunt as Sue for the first movie.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Krasinski and Blunt have really really low opinions of marvel and have been very outspoken in how opposed they are to the idea of participating at all.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Marvel won't cast A list actor as their main lead based on casting history. Exception is only Badminton Volleyball

OP
OP
SArcher

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Krasinski and Blunt have really really low opinions of marvel and have been very outspoken in how opposed they are to the idea of participating at all.

Really? News to me. But if I was Feige then I might not want to cast a married couple because if that marriage ever goes sour then you have a problem.

One thing about the ages though, I think they should be older because then you can have Valeria and Franklin there from the beginning and they can take over the franchise in the future.

May 10, 2018
Really? News to me. But if I was Feige then I might not want to cast a married couple because if that marriage ever goes sour then you have a problem.

One thing about the ages though, I think they should be older because then you can have Valeria and Franklin there from the beginning and they can take over the franchise in the future.
Doing a google search I don't see anything about them having low opinions of Marvel.

https://www.slashfilm.com/krasinski-blunt-mcu/

They said that the MCU is a big commitment and they probably wouldn't have done other projects such as a Quiet Place.

Emily Blunt was offered two roles, black widow and Peggy Carter and she just had other commitments at the time. She says she was never offered the role of Captain Marvel.

Krasinski was in the running for Cap and says he's been friends with Chris Evans for years and he loves watching MCU movies.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
OP is getting ahead of himself. What if the next F4 film includes the old cast with Jessica Alba and Chris Evans or Kate Mara and Michael B Jordan?

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't fans want Joss Whedon to do The Avengers because of his X-Men run?

That was one time I remember fans asking and getting it.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
As good a place as any, because Krasinski and Blunt are too old to helm one of the 202x tentpole superhero franchises.

My casting of FF:
Reed - Eddie Redmayne
Sue - Mackenzie Davis
Johnny - Taron Edgerton
Ben - Ricky Whittle
Victor - Rami Malek

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They drew Sam Jackson in Ultimates way before the casting. Not quite 'fan casting' but still came out of a wishful thinking thing.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a weird low effort OP. Thought there was going to be some evidence for this to be backed up but...nothing?

I uh, I mean I guess maybe they could do it.

But fan casting has absolutely happened before. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury, hell even Patrick Stewart as Professor X.

What a weird thread.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
if they made that asshead Reed Richards I will not only skip the films. I will become Doctor Doom of Earth 1.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Fans are so bad at coming up with casting ideas. "They're married in real life so they should play the married characters!" It's just like when it comes time to cast a redheaded character and fans only suggest redheaded actors, like you can't dye your hair for a role.
Because then you get things like blonde Jessica Alba. lol

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
But fan casting has absolutely happened before. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury, hell even Patrick Stewart as Professor X.
Only one we didn't get was Angela Bassett as Storm, though she did become Queen of Wakanda (and happened to have white hair) in Black Panther, which is cool.