• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Nice video on part 5, can't really post on anime thread because it mentions the sleeping slaves thing

Oct 25, 2017

Nice video on part 5, can't really post on anime thread because it mentions the sleeping slaves thing

Part 5 really does seem to have a lot of hidden meaning in it that a lot of people don't seem to appreciate. No wonder why I get annoyed when people say that it's emotionally flat or boring or Giorno is stoic and such, because it's not true.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 5 really does seem to have a lot of hidden meaning in it that a lot of people don't seem to appreciate. No wonder why I get annoyed when people say that it's emotionally flat or boring or Giorno is stoic and such, because it's not true.
After reading on Araki's process for character design I'm starting to think a lot of stuff, in all parts of Jojo have hidden meanings to it, with Araki's ability to express these elements being the element that changes the most over time.

One thing that's hard with all fiction is creating empathy, though. Jojo is a very long series divided in very unique and different parts, that keeps the series fresh but makes it harder to see the work as a whole, and this format makes it easy to create discussions where people pit a part against other, but these discussions tend to happen on a subjective level, and not on a objective one...

You can hate part 4 and still be a Jojo fan, for example, there's nothing forcing you to like it to keep on going, it's not like a series like Hunter x hunter or Attack on titan where if people get to a point they don't like it, people will go away, imagine if hunter x hunter community had discussions of people hating on the Hunter exam arc vs people hating on (god forbid) the Ryodan arc, you'll never get that, people that hated the Hunter exam will drop the series, period lol. Meanwhile in Jojo you might still get people hating on part 1/2 and loving parts 7 and 8...Jojo's format makes people that have been hating several of the new arcs just keep coming back because the next part might be something they love, and this creates a lot of friction and leaves some parts with unwarranted fames.

All this to say that you don't need to get heated over part discussions, a good chunk of people that dislike the parts you like would probably never be watching that kind of anime genre the current part is about if it didn't belong to a franchise they love, but that also means people that thought they hated certain kinds of story started to like them because of jojo too lol... it's very hard to find someone that loves all parts equally.

I'm terrible at doing that but I'm trying... it's really not easy, specially when people say the elements you love the most about a part are bad, but I know i did and still do that a lot to other people as well x_x

Oct 25, 2017
After reading on Araki's process for character design I'm starting to think a lot of stuff, in all parts of Jojo have hidden meanings to it, with Araki's ability to express these elements being the element that changes the most over time.

One thing that's hard with all fiction is creating empathy, though. Jojo is a very long series divided in very unique and different parts, that keeps the series fresh but makes it harder to see the work as a whole, and this format makes it easy to create discussions where people pit a part against other, but these discussions tend to happen on a subjective level, and not on a objective one...

You can hate part 4 and still be a Jojo fan, for example, there's nothing forcing you to like it to keep on going, it's not like a series like Hunter x hunter or Attack on titan where if people get to a point they don't like it, people will go away, imagine if hunter x hunter community had discussions of people hating on the Hunter exam arc vs people hating on (god forbid) the Ryodan arc, you'll never get that, people that hated the Hunter exam will drop the series, period lol. Meanwhile in Jojo you might still get people hating on part 1/2 and loving parts 7 and 8...Jojo's format makes people that have been hating several of the new arcs just keep coming back because the next part might be something they love, and this creates a lot of friction and leaves some parts with unwarranted fames.

All this to say that you don't need to get heated over part discussions, a good chunk of people that dislike the parts you like would probably never be watching that kind of anime genre the current part is about if it didn't belong to a franchise they love, but that also means people that thought they hated certain kinds of story started to like them because of jojo too lol... it's very hard to find someone that loves all parts equally.

I'm terrible at doing that but I'm trying... it's really not easy, specially when people say the elements you love the most about a part are bad, but I know i did and still do that a lot to other people as well x_x
I don't love all parts equally, but I can usually do a deep enough read/watch of something and pic out what I do and don't like and be able to logically explain it. I don't typically watch slice of life anime, but I loved the fuck out of Part 4 because I like the character work done in it. My problem with Part 3 pretty much revolves around if you aren't going to make me like the main character then please for the love of god give me a side character or villain to appreciate. SDC Dio is only cool because it's fucking Dio and we already know who Dio is because we have seen Part 1. I don't like when stuff like that happens. It's like if Berserk just gave us Griffith went "you need to hate this guy" without giving us any real reason to hate the dude and even with that Griffith is so well written that you can hate him and discuss a lot of things about him.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't love all parts equally, but I can usually do a deep enough read/watch of something and pic out what I do and don't like and be able to logically explain it. I don't typically watch slice of life anime, but I loved the fuck out of Part 4 because I like the character work done in it. My problem with Part 3 pretty much revolves around if you aren't going to make me like the main character then please for the love of god give me a side character or villain to appreciate. SDC Dio is only cool because it's fucking Dio and we already know who Dio is because we have seen Part 1. I don't like when stuff like that happens. It's like if Berserk just gave us Griffith went "you need to hate this guy" without giving us any real reason to hate the dude and even with that Griffith is so well written that you can hate him and discuss a lot of things about him.
Yeah yeah I know, It's just... People gonna throw in 'hot takes' about JoJo left and right but you don't need to get hurt by them, if they just can't engage with the parts you like that's fine, and if they come out as rude it might not be their intention, but if that's their intention you know what's true to you and they won't change that ^_^, not everyone saves their time and energy on stuff they can't care about x_x

Part 3 can be infuriating to me but it works for some people, and I kinda envy them cause I wanted to enjoy these characters as much as they do, it's like knowing about a party you've never been invited or something lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah yeah I know, It's just... People gonna throw in 'hot takes' about JoJo left and right but you don't need to get hurt by them, if they just can't engage with the parts you like that's fine, and if they come out as rude it might not be their intention, but if that's their intention you know what's true to you and they won't change that ^_^, not everyone saves their time and energy on stuff they can't care about x_x

Part 3 can be infuriating to me but it works for some people, and I kinda envy them cause I wanted to enjoy these characters as much as they do, it's like knowing about a party you've never been invited or something lol
I think sometimes I take it personally. The hot takes do annoy me though. It's like when people don't like the Chimera Ant arc.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think sometimes I take it personally. The hot takes do annoy me though. It's like when people don't like the Chimera Ant arc.
Yeah I know lol, It's not like I've been in fights with people in this thread too, even because of silly stuff, so I'm spending my time trying to understand where they are coming from with the stuff they're saying... This was an advice given to me for other parts in my life but I figured doing that exercise online would be a nice thing because it's easier to be mean online than IRL. I'm guilty of that because a lot of stuff I say/write sounds like 'hot takes' or inflexible ideas but tbh I'm pretty open-minded about different takes after talking them through, if I'm someone that can listen, I can't make my first impression seem like it's a guarded wall, and I should also lower my guard a bit so I can avoid some fighting when someone responds in a way I dislike... I believe a lot of people might be like that so I try to make sure I'm talking to someone that just made a hot take but doesn't mean it vs. someone that won't change their minds at all lol

People speak hyperbole these days, gotta know how to swing through it xD

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know lol, It's not like I've been in fights with people in this thread too, even because of silly stuff, so I'm spending my time trying to understand where they are coming from with the stuff they're saying... This was an advice given to me for other parts in my life but I figured doing that exercise online would be a nice thing because it's easier to be mean online than IRL. I'm guilty of that because a lot of stuff I say/write sounds like 'hot takes' or inflexible ideas but tbh I'm pretty open-minded about different takes after talking them through, if I'm someone that can listen, I can't make my first impression seem like it's a guarded wall, and I should also lower my guard a bit so I can avoid some fighting when someone responds in a way I dislike... I believe a lot of people might be like that so I try to make sure I'm talking to someone that just made a hot take but doesn't mean it vs. someone that won't change their minds at all lol

People speak hyperbole these days, gotta know how to swing through it xD
Some people don't know how to listen to one persons opinion and see the reason in it. I'm not exactly 100% iron clad with what I think. I don't exactly see you as "inflexible" you just have a stake in female representation for good reason. Others can't see that or see why you would be passionate about it or see your opinion about it as devaluing their Jojo. I honestly hate hot takes. Some of it honestly just feels like stuff that they're parroting because they either read it online or someone else told them. It's honestly the worst way to discuss a piece of media. I'm also that stupid person that tries to logically fight the good fight through the bullshit. I'm very dumb.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Some people don't know how to listen to one persons opinion and see the reason in it. I'm not exactly 100% iron clad with what I think. I don't exactly see you as "inflexible" you just have a stake in female representation for good reason. Others can't see that or see why you would be passionate about it or see your opinion about it as devaluing their Jojo. I honestly hate hot takes. Some of it honestly just feels like stuff that they're parroting because they either read it online or someone else told them. It's honestly the worst way to discuss a piece of media. I'm also that stupid person that tries to logically fight the good fight through the bullshit. I'm very dumb.
Haha, You're not dumb... Talking to people is just hard, specially when their words hurt lol. I'm mostly saying all that cause you seem pretty upset about stuff you can'thave control over, that's all. Some people will never care, but some do care and just suck at showing it.

As for myself I know i'm prone to stating things in a pretty direct manner and that might be the worst approach when talking to some people, so I need to take care to not become what I hate the most =P If people feel like I'm devaluating something, sometimes the way I phrased stuff might make them read it that way so I need to improve on that, I know I'll never reach perfection but it's important to try cause at least I know my heart was in the right place xD

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, You're not dumb... Talking to people is just hard, specially when their words hurt lol. I'm mostly saying all that cause you seem pretty upset about stuff you can'thave control over, that's all. Some people will never care, but some do care and just suck at showing it.

As for myself I know i'm prone to stating things in a pretty direct manner and that might be the worst approach when talking to some people, so I need to take care to not become what I hate the most =P If people feel like I'm devaluating something, sometimes the way I phrased stuff might make them read it that way so I need to improve on that, I know I'll never reach perfection but it's important to try cause at least I know my heart was in the right place xD
I'm a bit of a control freak and I'm pretty blunt. You have no idea how much that gets me in trouble in my personal life. It drove my ex up the wall, I honestly need to learn how to relax a bit.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit of a control freak and I'm pretty blunt. You have no idea how much that gets me in trouble in my personal life. It drove my ex up the wall, I honestly need to learn how to relax a bit.
Relaxing is good! Once you know what's the problem, fixing it gets much easier :D, at least that's what's helping with mine xD

The thread benefits from you both being here, Mariip and JadedWriter. :)
Aw...Thanks! This means a lot, coming from the OP himself <3
I think this is the most wholesome place to discuss JoJo I know, so thanks everyone for being so nice :3
---
In other notes, man, how long will it take till part 5 starts getting US blu-rays? They've redone episode 18 entirely and I really REALLY want to support this but the japanese blu-rays' costs are borderline abusive i___i

Oct 25, 2017
Relaxing is good! Once you know what's the problem, fixing it gets much easier :D, at least that's what's helping with mine xD
I have the occasional Ghiaccio moment, I'm very passionate, but I need to learn how to react in a manner that's 1 to 3, not 1 to 11.
The thread benefits from you both being here, Mariip and JadedWriter. :)
We are very passionate Jojo fans. I think of Mariip as my international geek friend.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Man, the Pillarmen are the best. I just watched their intro and it was just awesome. I forgot how much I loved the first season.

Wish they had a good dub tho.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I have the occasional Ghiaccio moment, I'm very passionate, but I need to learn how to react in a manner that's 1 to 3, not 1 to 11.
That's a very funny mental image lol, I tend to gush so much about stuff I like people are afraid to tell me they don't think it is that good, and that pisses me off cause I hate people lying for my sake LOL, I gotta find an animesona for that

We are very passionate Jojo fans. I think of Mariip as my international geek friend.
Me too, bro <3 I can only gush so much about part 5 without pushing my JoJo crew away lol

Man, the Pillarmen are the best. I just watched their intro and it was just awesome. I forgot how much I loved the first season.

Wish they had a good dub tho.
I know a total Wham stan, I wished more people were like that because I think it's warranted but also a very lonely fandom to die in lol

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I know a total Wham stan, I wished more people were like that because I think it's warranted but also a very lonely fandom to die in lol

Yo, the Pillarmen are great, fucking love ol' noble Wham. Part 2 was pretty much Joseph and the Pillarmen for me.

This is why I just watch that subbed. Some of the memes are only memes in Japanese. I can only imagine what Kake Dake Da gets translated to in English.

Y'know when it comes to dubbing accents there's two ways to go about it: You either do the Xenoblade thing and get authentic accents or the Chernobyl way and not bother at all. Made watching part 1 slightly annoying in that regard. And fucking Caesar...

Oct 25, 2017
That's a very funny mental image lol, I tend to gush so much about stuff I like people are afraid to tell me they don't think it is that good, and that pisses me off cause I hate people lying for my sake LOL, I gotta find an animesona for that

Me too, bro <3 I can only gush so much about part 5 without pushing my JoJo crew away lol
Being the Ghiacchio doesn't work in a work environment or trying to get camera gear through security at times. I really need to find a something resembling a relax state.
"What do you mean we can't get through security, here's my ID..."
tenor.gif

Also I have always loved Part 5, the anime and getting real perspectives on it has only make me like it more. There is a lot of subtext in this part that you only notice through people actually telling you about it, it's very well done.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Being the Ghiacchio doesn't work in a work environment or trying to get camera gear through security at times. I really need to find a something resembling a relax state.
"What do you mean we can't get through security, here's my ID..."
tenor.gif

Also I have always loved Part 5, the anime and getting real perspectives on it has only make me like it more. There is a lot of subtext in this part that you only notice through people actually telling you about it, it's very well done.
That's so Ghiacchio lol, I hope MHA's Bakugo work this through the course of his series because it'll be like seeing AU Ghiacchio getting over his wrath lol. Ghiacchio was surprisingly effective if you consider his temper though, perhaps there's some good you can extract from him

I've watched this part enough times to get Kaleb's reading of white album before watching it, same for the boss' problem of skipping the need of working through is faults, I feel proud >:D. Since most of part 5 hinges on abstract themes you really need time to dig through it and wonder about stuff xD

Yo, the Pillarmen are great, fucking love ol' noble Wham. Part 2 was pretty much Joseph and the Pillarmen for me.

Y'know when it comes to dubbing accents there's two ways to go about it: You either do the Xenoblade thing and get authentic accents or the Chernobyl way and not bother at all. Made watching part 1 slightly annoying in that regard. And fucking Caesar...
They are! Wham is so cool... He's strong but just, a very fun character to watch and i felt real bad when he was gone because Kars isn't as nice to people. I'll always be salty because Santana was pretty bad, I like the musician and felt like he deserved more screentime, I screamed a bit when i heard his name :p

Wait, part 1 dub has accents?

Oct 25, 2017
That's so Ghiacchio lol, I hope MHA's Bakugo work this through the course of his series because it'll be like seeing AU Ghiacchio getting over his wrath lol. Ghiacchio was surprisingly effective if you consider his temper though, perhaps there's some good you can extract from him

I've watched this part enough times to get Kaleb's reading of white album before watching it, same for the boss' problem of skipping the need of working through is faults, I feel proud >:D. Since most of part 5 hinges on abstract themes you really need time to dig through it and wonder about stuff xD
I am a very effective event photographer and videographer, I'm also very effective at rubbing people the wrong way. I'm a good person, but sometimes I can be viewed as a fucking asshole.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, part 1 dub has accents?
Yeah, it was a dub handled by Warner Bros, before Viz got the rights and handled the dub for Part 3 & beyond.

.....Caeser has a really bad Italian accent played by Bryce Papenbrook, aka Eren from Attack on Titan, Kirito from Sword Art Online, Nagito from Danganronpa, etc.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will fight tooth and nail for that arc.
It's very understandable why people like it, I just found it too long personally. Then again I'm not the biggest fan of HxH for doing my favorite initial character in it dirty for so long. (I like Leorio)

This is usually the case though, a lot of times in these shonen I tend to like that one side character that never becomes important. Jojo I guess would be an exception.

Shino in Naruto, Chad in Bleach, Leorio in HxH. Life is suffering.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I am a very effective event photographer and videographer, I'm also very effective at rubbing people the wrong way. I'm a good person, but sometimes I can be viewed as a fucking asshole.
I see... People's reactions to stuff vary a lot, but usually what pushes them the wrong way has something in common... I used to get into fights by misreading what people wanted from me and saying the worst thing possible for that situation, the advice i got to avoid that was trying to get them to elaborate on stuff so i can understand the situation and also think instead of just speaking my mind...being smart cheeky, instead of mindless cheeky. I'm still getting the hang of it, even on era I still edit my posts a lot lol

Gotta learn what's in common in everytime you feel like people see you as an asshole and piece together a way to change it, i dunno exactly how to do it, figuring that out is what theraphy is for, it really helps, ngl, part 5 only helped me to a certain point, understanding all I learned was a whole 'nother beast.

You're a smart dude, you'll figure it out eventually, you're nowhere as bad as some people I know, if that helps xD, just gotta be kind to yourself and learn from your experiences. Unlike Johnny.

Yeah, it was a dub handled by Warner Bros, before Viz got the rights and handled the dub for Part 3 & beyond.

.....Caeser has a really bad Italian accent played by Bryce Papenbrook, aka Eren from Attack on Titan, Kirito from Sword Art Online, Nagito from Danganronpa, etc.
SHIIIIZAAAA TOT

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's very understandable why people like it, I just found it too long personally. Then again I'm not the biggest fan of HxH for doing my favorite initial character in it dirty for so long. (I like Leorio)

This is usually the case though, a lot of times in these shonen I tend to like that one side character that never becomes important. Jojo I guess would be an exception.

Liking Leorio is suffering. I had high hopes for him this new saga and then he's gone.

It's not liking Killua who has been out for some time and honestly could be gone and I wouldn't mind because his arc was fulfilling... Leorio's arcs got murdered before they could start D:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Liking Leorio is suffering. I had high hopes for him this new saga and then he's gone.

It's not liking Killua who has been out for some time and honestly could be gone and I wouldn't mind because his arc was fulfilling... Leorio's arcs got murdered before they could start D:
I don't even read the manga, I know a bit about what happens so I don't care for spoilers but at least I stopped at the point where he punched Gon's dickhead dad and almost got elected for it. That's a small victory and I guess it's enough.

But thanks for confirming to me that Togashi continues to do him dirty hahah. *goes be sad in a corner*

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even read the manga, I know a bit about what happens so I don't care for spoilers but at least I stopped at the point where he punched Gon's dickhead dad and almost got elected for it. That's a small victory and I guess it's enough.

But thanks for confirming to me that Togashi continues to do him dirty hahah. *goes be sad in a corner*
He became important, but his work also envolves studying for his future profession so he hasn't appeared much, it's mostly a Kurapika arc, but I'll let you know when he shows up again, if anything, he's prone to be in a place where a lot of people will go through, as he's working at the ship's hospital and things gonna get bloody

But for anything to happen togashi needs to wake up from his rock person hybernation state :p

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He became important, but his work also envolves studying for his future profession so he hasn't appeared much, it's mostly a Kurapika arc, but I'll let you know when he shows up again, if anything, he's prone to be in a place where a lot of people will go through, as he's working at the ship's hospital and things gonna get bloody

But for anything to happen togashi needs to wake up from his rock person hybernation state :p
Ah ok, yeah I remember reading about that. I thought he just fucked off to somewhere else like how he was absent for all of the Chimera Ant arc.

It always amazes me how much somebody like Oda or Araki have done in comparison to Togashi. Like HxH started in the 90s right? It doesn't feel like it's been through all that much despite so much time passing. I know about the breaks and stuff but it's kind mind boggling.

Oct 25, 2017
I see... People's reactions to stuff vary a lot, but usually what pushes them the wrong way has something in common... I used to get into fights by misreading what people wanted from me and saying the worst thing possible for that situation, the advice i got to avoid that was trying to get them to elaborate on stuff so i can understand the situation and also think instead of just speaking my mind...being smart cheeky, instead of mindless cheeky. I'm still getting the hang of it, even on era I still edit my posts a lot lol

Gotta learn what's in common in everytime you feel like people see you as an asshole and piece together a way to change it, i dunno exactly how to do it, figuring that out is what theraphy is for, it really helps, ngl, part 5 only helped me to a certain point, understanding all I learned was a whole 'nother beast.

You're a smart dude, you'll figure it out eventually, you're nowhere as bad as some people I know, if that helps xD, just gotta be kind to yourself and learn from your experiences. Unlike Johnny.
I'm pretty socially dumb. It's something I'm getting better with as I get older, but it's also something people don't exactly have patience with. I'm a lot easier to tolerate and deal with the fifth time you meet me and not the first, which is exactly the problem. There are social nuances that I'm not great with. I probably need loads of therapy, but I don't really have time or money for it and life, life is fucking weird. there are plenty of things I need to unpack with a therapist I have no idea where to even begin with that at this point.

Shino gets plenty of screen time in Boruto...

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shino gets plenty of screen time in Boruto...
Haven't really watched Boruto, still can't get over it having a character named Salad then again Araki had Sorbet... anyway, I'm glad he's getting screen time at least.

I remember thinking for some totally unfounded reason that he could have become a pretty powerful individual in Naruto but they never really bothered to give him time to shine. His ability was fucking creepy though.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ah ok, yeah I remember reading about that. I thought he just fucked off to somewhere else like how he was absent for all of the Chimera Ant arc.

It always amazes me how much somebody like Oda or Araki have done in comparison to Togashi. Like HxH started in the 90s right? It doesn't feel like it's been through all that much despite so much time passing. I know about the breaks and stuff but it's kind mind boggling.
Araki is a monster, his drawings are far too detailed for weekly magazines, and Oda is insane. Togashi is just human, YYH almost killed him so now he works only by acceptable work conditions. I have some mad respect for him tbh, and this latest saga is GoT levels of complex so he needs to take his time, or at least hire an artist to draw it. Comic book artists have, like, a month to deliver 20 pages of content, sharing their jobs between 5 people(writing, pencil, final art, coloring), i think, in the same month a manga artist has to deliver roughly 80 pages with 2-3 assistants and doing the script. Granted, they don't need to do the colors but that's just insane :/

No wonder araki went to a monthly seinen magazines, 40 pages per month is the bet deal japan can offer, i think, unless your wife wrote sailor moon and you already got a name in the market
I'm pretty socially dumb. It's something I'm getting better with as I get older, but it's also something people don't exactly have patience with. I'm a lot easier to tolerate and deal with the fifth time you meet me and not the first, which is exactly the problem. There are social nuances that I'm not great with. I probably need loads of therapy, but I don't really have time or money for it and life, life is fucking weird. there are plenty of things I need to unpack with a therapist I have no idea where to even begin with that at this point.
It's worth it, life changing, even, specially if you don't have any serious condition, it helps you working through some stuff in much less time than you'd take if you tried solving on your own, so in the end the time you spend x the time you'll save even themselves out, despite it not being as fast as you'd like. Money is the issue though, here we got some places that offer the service for free, but you'll want to do it with someone you trust, so it might not be ideal... there are some options if you got healthcare and stuffs, probably. Just don't let things bottle up if you feel it's getting worse, because then the time and money to get through that gonna weight too much, i had a hard time starting because my parents took it for granted and scared me out of it, now they tell me it was the best thing i ever did :p

I didnt even start it to deal better with people, but it turned out that was one of the things I had to do to feel better myself lol

The endgame here is happiness and finding the shining path through the darkness that leads to it.

Omg that was a terrible line I'll go hide in a corner

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really watched Boruto, still can't get over it having a character named Salad then again Araki had Sorbet... anyway, I'm glad he's getting screen time at least.

I remember thinking for some totally unfounded reason that he could have become a pretty powerful individual in Naruto but they never really bothered to give him time to shine. His ability was fucking creepy though.
Friendly reminder that Kishimoto is a shit ass writer.
It's worth it, life changing, even, specially if you don't have any serious condition, it helps you working through some stuff in much less time than you'd take if you tried solving on your own, so in the end the time you spend x the time you'll save even themselves out, despite it not being as fast as you'd like. Money is the issue though, here we got some places that offer the service for free, but you'll want to do it with someone you trust, so it might not be ideal... there are some options if you got healthcare and stuffs, probably. Just don't let things bottle up if you feel it's getting worse, because then the time and money to get through that gonna weight too much, i had a hard time starting because my parents took it for granted and scared me out of it, now they tell me it was the best thing i ever did :p

I didnt even start it to deal better with people, but it turned out that was one of the things I had to do to feel better myself lol

The endgame here is happiness and finding the shining path through the darkness that leads to it.

Omg that was a terrible line I'll go hide in a corner
I pretty much have no emotional support system in my life at this point. Parents are plenty alive, but I don't talk to them that much. My relationship with my mom is getting better and my relationship with my dad is a shit show at this point. I haven't spoken to him since he kicked me out of the house and he treats me like I'm dead so that's never getting better. I have insurance, but I just don't want to put any energy into dealing with the search and going through intake sessions. I pretty much just feel like I'm in a rebuilding phase at this point in time.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I pretty much have no emotional support system in my life at this point. Parents are plenty alive, but I don't talk to them that much. My relationship with my mom is getting better and my relationship with my dad is a shit show at this point. I haven't spoken to him since he kicked me out of the house and he treats me like I'm dead so that's never getting better. I have insurance, but I just don't want to put any energy into dealing with the search and going through intake sessions. I pretty much just feel like I'm in a rebuilding phase at this point in time.
Rebuilding is a good place to start, at least it's much better than not knowing wtf to do xP. If you need someone to talk to just send me a DM, I may not be readily availble all times because I'm kinda going through a rebuilding phase myself, but I know how much just talking about stuff can help xP

Other than that we got you, fam ^^

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Araki is a monster, his drawings are far too detailed for weekly magazines, and Oda is insane. Togashi is just human, YYH almost killed him so now he works only by acceptable work conditions. I have some mad respect for him tbh, and this latest saga is GoT levels of complex so he needs to take his time, or at least hire an artist to draw it. Comic book artists have, like, a month to deliver 20 pages of content, sharing their jobs between 5 people(writing, pencil, final art, coloring), i think, in the same month a manga artist has to deliver roughly 80 pages with 2-3 assistants and doing the script. Granted, they don't need to do the colors but that's just insane :/

No wonder araki went to a monthly seinen magazines, 40 pages per month is the bet deal japan can offer, i think, unless your wife wrote sailor moon and you already got a name in the market
That's true, but at the same time he should have enough clout to pull a 40pg a month type deal while remaining in shonen jump ideally.

Friendly reminder that Kishimoto is a shit ass writer.
Salad not knowing who the sauce boned was where I stopped with boruto.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20 page monthly, he could totally do that and I'd die of happyness if he did
You and many others I'd assume hah.

Anyway, sorry to be the one to say it, it's good and healthy that Jaded is airing some of this stuff out but we need to get back on topic. No disrespect intended but discussions like that would be good to do through private messages.

Oct 25, 2017
Rebuilding is a good place to start, at least it's much better than not knowing wtf to do xP. If you need someone to talk to just send me a DM, I may not be readily availble all times because I'm kinda going through a rebuilding phase myself, but I know how much just talking about stuff can help xP

Other than that we got you, fam ^^
Just send me a DM, I'll respond at some point and I definitely went through aWTF do I do phase that I probably sort of lapse back into every now and then. I can function, but damn it's difficult at times.
Salad not knowing who the sauce boned was where I stopped with boruto.
Almost for the better. I pretty much go in and out of the show when I hear about a hype fight scene and then start back up till I get to it, then filler hits and I stop.
Anyway, sorry to be the one to say it, it's good and healthy that Jaded is airing some of this stuff out but we need to get back on topic. No disrespect intended but discussions like that would be good to do through private messages.
Don't worry I should be done.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Almost for the better. I pretty much go in and out of the show when I hear about a hype fight scene and then start back up till I get to it, then filler hits and I stop.

Don't worry I should be done.
Yeah I tend to just watch the cool fights and leave at that. Naruto was already a hate finish sort of relationship after a while, don't want to get into that again.

Like I said, it's good that you're talking it out. I hope you can get to a place where you feel happy about them soon, dude.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I tend to just watch the cool fights and leave at that. Naruto was already a hate finish sort of relationship after a while, don't want to get into that again.
Should I consider myself lucky for skipping Naruto and Bleach and just going for HxH and JoJo or is that bad? I feel like I lost a lot of weeb frustration by cutting those corners, but people make me feel like a party pooper whenever I talk to anyone that haven't watched JJBA/HxH

Oct 25, 2017

Like I said, it's good that you're talking it out. I hope you can get to a place where you feel happy about them soon, dude.
I call Shippuden "Shitpooden." I watched the franchise, I finished it, probably never dealing with it again.
Should I consider myself lucky for skipping Naruto and Bleach and just going for HxH and JoJo or is that bad? I feel like I lost a lot of weeb frustration by cutting those corners, but people make me feel like a party pooper whenever I talk to anyone that haven't watched JJBA/HxH
I never watched Bleach and probably never will. One day I might touch One Piece but most of the big three from that generation never really appealed to me. I was in my 30's when I watched Naruto so I have no nostalgia for it so I can drag it in an instant. YYH, HxH and Jojo are pretty much my favorite Shonen properties. I can't even add Ruroni Kenshin to that list anymore. I think my other favorite mangas are seinen. You look into Black Lagoon yet? That show/manga is chocked full of female empowerment.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Still gotta try it, I've met a guy that's a total Jojo fan and just started One piece and he thinks it its amazing but I've got no courage of starting it...must be pretty good considering it's still going yet people don't complain about it much... But it's not like Jojo where you can take breaks between stuff and not forget much >_<, I wasn't even going to touch JoJo before I learned it's a series that spans through different generations, thinking about it now

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would call you lucky really, because they both start out really well and then just basically jump off a cliff. There are bright spots here and there for Naruto but Bleach is overall just bad aside from the character designs (sort of). I finished both just to try and justify the amount of time I sunk into them.

None of the shonens are worse than Fairy Tail to me though, that one was just horrible Made even worse because I loved the author's previous work Rave Master. Katekyo Hitman Reborn also has a special place in my heart for something that had interesting concepts and then just doesn't seem to actually develop anybody.

I call Shippuden "Shitpooden." I watched the franchise, I finished it, probably never dealing with it again.
Sums up my feelings on it, pretty much why I never bothered with Boruto.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to read through Shaman King, tbh, I remember loving the anime when I was younger but I don't remember half of it and it features talking stands so yay?... How far in does Naruto start to suck? My friends used to laugh a lot about a Naruto x Sasuke fight and I was curious about that because they seemed like they had such a good time laughing it through LOL.

My most recent manga disappointment was Magi, but considering it was good for 32ish of 37 volumes I think that was a good run, idk, disappointed me less than GoT

Oct 25, 2017
Still gotta try it, I've met a guy that's a total Jojo fan and just started One piece and he thinks it its amazing but I've got no courage of starting it...must be pretty good considering it's still going yet people don't complain about it much... But it's not like Jojo where you can take breaks between stuff and not forget much >_<, I wasn't even going to touch JoJo before I learned it's a series that spans through different generations, thinking about it now
People calling One Piece the best thing ever is pretty much keeping me from ever reading it. That and I honestly do not think Oda knows how to draw. Everything about his over exaggerated designs nauseates me a bit

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to read through Shaman King, tbh, I remember loving the anime when I was younger but I don't remember half of it and it features talking stands so yay?... How far in does Naruto start to suck? My friends used to laugh a lot about a Naruto x Sasuke fight and I was curious about that because they seemed like they had such a good time laughing it through LOL.

My most recent manga disappointment was Magi, but considering it was good for 32ish of 37 volumes I think that was a good run, idk, disappointed me less than GoT
Honestly up to the rescue sasuke arc I think it's alright, after that it's just better to read a summary and go on youtube to watch any fights you think might be interesting.

Never read or watched Shaman King but I heard good things about it.

One Piece is pretty good for the feeling of ADVENTURE and that Oda is actually able to form a coherent plot and build a really intriguing world. It has its problems though, especially with the designs for women since it's so shonen focused, but overall it's a pretty good manga. It's really long so it's completely understandable if somebody finds that too much to try and pick up. Also because it only starts getting really good a ways into the story, probably once they cross over into the grandline I'd say though there are some pretty good arcs before that moment.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
People calling One Piece the best thing ever is pretty much keeping me from ever reading it. That and I honestly do not think Oda knows how to draw. Everything about his over exaggerated designs nauseates me a bit
The 'best piece of fiction/literature' hyperbole is indeed nonsense. Even saying best manga ever is questionable, but that's inevitable with most fanbases.

I read 800+ chapters last year, and what I can say is that the first half is undoubtedly the best of shonen.

I'd eventually check out the first 100 chapters, and if you're not feeling those, you can bail tbh. But they're a good hook.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I suppose 4kids ironically gave me an advantage in that I kinda knew the dynamics of the characters, and so I ended up sorta watching the series in reverse while simultaneously catching up.
At the start of the decade, one of the opening themes I had been listening to over and over was real catchy to the point it gave me some familiarity for listening to the Japanese language at the time, then during a spring break in high school I sat through maybe two sagas in the One Piece anime, and they ended up being my favorite (CP9 through Thriller Bark), and that's how I officially got into One Piece.

And it was through the same friend who would later in the same year try and get me into Hunter x Hunter
He also flips Ging off at that part in the manga
SHUUUUUUU

I prefer this guy's death sequence over that knockoff which is Caesar's :x

Best JoJo girls?

Last edited: