• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped before because the translation wasn't finished yet

I should finish it
You should read it and then prepare a thesis on fate vs free will in JJBA.

The epilogue is pretty peculiar. Anime reaction should be amusing (if they adapt it as is). Probably would have worked better if the part itself had a better conclusion but I like parts of it a lot.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Most broken and OP stand in the series outside of The World.
I don't know, there are plenty of Stands that are more broken than The World, especially if you remove vampire Dio as the Stand user.

Every main antagonist final Stand after Kira feels more broken than The World. Plus there are plenty of Stands like Notorious B.I.G. and Weather Report Heavy Weather which have abilities and applications so outlandish that they automatically feel more broken. Like you can't completely destroy Notorious B.I.G. unless you have something like Cream and can erase all of it in one shot.

Don't forget the stupidly inconsequential cronenburg shit and the sudden, out of place, flashback to quickly shoehorn some "tis fate" message AFTER everyone's already died. God, Vento Aureo's final stretch soured what was turning out to be my favourite Jojo part (every other fight in part 5 is end game worthy, the cast is amazing, the villain (s) of the week are competent and developed, etc.) into simply a middling part. David Pro has already done a good job of accentuating Giorno's personality, but they would need to shuffle things around and add in a LOT to "fix" the ending.
To be fair to VA's incredibly poor ending and epilogue, the fate theme was already in play with Diavolo using King Crimson to figuratively become the emperor of fate (until GER happened) being the most important part of the theme. Rolling Stone was just Araki adding onto the theme in a way that felt hamfisted, especially since part 5 was already about fate prior to that point.

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped before because the translation wasn't finished yet

I should finish it
At least you have that excuse. I was just like, "Nigga ded, time for Jolyne."
Most broken and OP stand in the series outside of The World.
This is why I like Gold Experience so much. It's fitting that Dio's son gets a broke, like the brokest of Jojo protag stands. Coupled with Giorno's imagination for what it can do is just great. It's got a weak punch rush, but it makes up for that in so many ways.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
All the Jojo parts are about fate.

It's a very fatalistic series.

The villains all try to change their fate while the heroes struggle with theirs. This is not exclusive to Part 5.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking with Kaato as major antagonist. She still has an influence over Joubin and seems like she is better at reading people and planning multiple steps ahead.

That being said, JoJolion should (in theory) be starting to wind down, so Araki needs to pull the trigger one of these days.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, there are plenty of Stands that are more broken than The World, especially if you remove vampire Dio as the Stand user.

Every main antagonist final Stand after Kira feels more broken than The World. Plus there are plenty of Stands like Notorious B.I.G. and Weather Report Heavy Weather which have abilities and applications so outlandish that they automatically feel more broken. Like you can't completely destroy Notorious B.I.G. unless you have something like Cream and can erase all of it in one shot.

To be fair to VA's incredibly poor ending and epilogue, the fate theme was already in play with Diavolo using King Crimson to figuratively become the emperor of fate (until GER happened) being the most important part of the theme. Rolling Stone was just Araki adding onto the theme in a way that felt hamfisted, especially since part 5 was already about fate prior to that point.
But Dio and the World are tied together, and stopping time forever is kinda broke.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
A90_F45_FB_6545_4_CBC_9_C9_A_8802_FBCBC505.jpg

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I can almost appreciate someone trying to say with a straight face that the ancient super-being is distinctly more insane than the man who wants a 14 year old to conceive the spirit of God, the fetishist serial killer who walks around with severed hands, and the religious zealot who wants to hit F5 on all reality.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I can almost appreciate someone trying to say with a straight face that the ancient super-being is distinctly more insane than the man who wants a 14 year old to conceive the spirit of God, the fetishist serial killer who walks around with severed hands, and the religious zealot who wants to hit F5 on all reality.
But kira is such a reluctant evil guy who only kills so he can keep killing women for their hands

And it's definitely misdeeds against Pucci not that he feels extreme Catholic guilt for Fucking up royally

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell is Dio a shit tier villian?

He's perfect; a good mirror of the "invincible hero" but deconstructed.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
There's something I always wanted to talk about but always forget. What happened to Gold Experience's hit reflect? Did Araki just scrap it out or did he forget about it?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
THEY DIDN'T SAY ROAD ROLLER

0/10 WORST DUB EVER, VIZ SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT.

.....but seriously, aside from that, Seitz was absolutely AMAZING as Dio & performed the Mudas rather well.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was just the fact they went so far as to keep the Mudas knowing how much fans associate it with the series, I was expecting the same for the Road Roller line, considering the lengths they were going to try & stay faithful to certain Part 3 memes/lines.

Plus I REALLY wanted to hear Seitz just shout that.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get a giant dub casting list at the end of the first episode so we can have a good idea of who'll be voicing who. No idea why Viz has been so quiet on the cast aside from Josuke.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
So in the dub version Dio just says The World? What about the toki wo tomare part?

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Was Last Train Home added to the Japanese BD of the finale? Because I know the tv one played credits during the last few scenes of the ep, and did not have it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how they stuck with MUDA & knew how certain words/phrases were associated with Jojo, I don't get why they changed it. THE phrase that is associated with this fight, let alone this part of Jojo, & they changed it.

But really, I'm just bummed I didn't get to hear Seitz just shout ROAD ROOOLLAAAHHHH DAAAAAAAA while hamming it up, especially with how he sounded like he was loving every single moment of voicing Dio. There must've been some kind of reason they changed it, but I don't know what. It's not like there was really an issue of matching mouth flaps.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Now we need to know who voices Kira
I was trying to look up a dub cast a week or so ago & I don't know why, but Wikipedia had listed Keith Silverstein as the voice of Kira, though it's been edited out since there was no source.

For context, he voiced Deep Sea King in One Punch Man, Hisoka in Hunter x Hunter, Shido in Persona 5, Speedwagon in Jojo Part 1, & Mondo in Danganronpa. Considering the first 3 roles I mentioned, he can do a good "creepy guy" voice, & the more I thought about it, the more I could see him playing the role. I don't know if he will, but I would totally be fine with him fulfilling the role of Kira.

But as mentioned, we might have to wait a while for a full dub casting list, especially if the end credits don't list everyone. Hell, we might have to wait until next year to discover who voices him considering that by the end of the year, Toonami will only be on around meeting Rohan.