• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Sign me in! I want tickets right nooooow!
That's what i want!
I feel blessed!

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, been burnt on good trailers before. Been burnt on good trailers including the Joker before.

But this looks really good...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I can't tell if it's a good movie or just a movie with a lot of good shots and zero narrative cohesion

Still in though

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was a good teaser. I have no idea what kind of movie this will be - has elements of horror, drama, superhero....

I love that you can already tell where it's going with this. His handwriting, his dependency on his mother, the random laughing, the constant violence he suffers, the visit to the hospital... I wondered how they might play Joker in a sympathetic light so that we would feel conflicted when he becomes a monster, but this... this could work.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I really want this to end with his therapist in 2019 pointing out he can't be over 50 when this story takes place in the 70s

Fakto

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know man. Some parts look legit interesting, others kinda remind of those fan-made superhero movies. Not really feeling the need to make Joker relatable, but the character seems solid. I'll be waiting for reviews on this one.
It's his story, viewed from his point of view ... why wouldn't it be relatable?
Plus, the emotional shock of the madness that will be unleashed from a character that you relate too will be the emotional payback of the movie.
Can't wait !

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll be the one going against the grain. I am not feeling it. I get the concept, but I like my Joke just as a force of nature, without explicit motivation. That makes him scarrier to me.
Joker can be anything. It's fine if it doesn't jive with you, but the character went everywhere.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to see it regardless, but this trailer definitely didn't live up to the hype from the cinemacon people.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Nothing about this movie should work, but everytime say show something new it just looks SO good.
Great trailer.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Plus, the emotional shock of the madness that will be unleashed from a character that you relate too will be the emotional payback of the movie.
Can't wait !
Also relatable doesn't equal sympathetic. Plus The Killing Joke already did the "relatable Joker backstory" thing so there's precedent

Oct 27, 2017
Laughing at all the dorks who doubted Joaquin Phoenix as Joker.

Laughing at all the dorks that thought the Joker costume looked bad.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait !

Thing is, the relatable side (in this teaser, anyway) seems bare minimum stuff. Oh, he got beaten up a couple times. Now he's a psycho killer. Feels like there's a lot of steps missing that, hopefully, the movie will deliver.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, it I'm not that much of a fan of what I saw, but it still left me with the impression it'll be good.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, ok, I was not expecting it to look that good. Pretty excited to watch the movie now. I have faith in Phoenix to deliver.