• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Damnnnnnn. Even if this movie sucks that's gonna be a trailer worth going back to and watching. I'm sold on it.

So what exactly is this? It's own standalone joker story that's not connected to anything within the current DC movies?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
is this supposed to be tied to the nolan movies? that dude on the TV im pretty sure played someone in the nolan trilogy as well

Window

Oct 27, 2017
That's a young a Bruce isn't it?

Still not keen on this concept. At the very least I'll say I'm warmer to it now than before.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Damnnnnnn. Even if this movie sucks that's gonna be a trailer worth going back to and watching. I'm sold on it.

So what exactly is this? It's own standalone joker story that's not connected to anything within the current DC movies?

Yeah, it's standalone and not part of the DCEU.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's the idea behind making it take place in the 70s. I guess Joaquin's Joker will never share the screen with Batman. I'll give to WB/DC for still trying out weird shit that doesn't seem to make much sense for them.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I dunno not really doing much for me just yet.

Still don't wanna find out how he got those scars.

Doesn't look awful or anything though.

Edit: Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor though.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Joaquin Phoenix is the best actor of his generation.

Watch You Were Never Really Here between now and October.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. Originally didn't know if this was a good idea but this could be really interesting and a trip.

I wonder what's the idea behind making it take place in the 70s. I guess Joaquin's Joker will never share the screen with Batman. I'll give to WB/DC for still trying out weird shit that doesn't seem to make much sense for them.
Most likely not but time period doesn't mean one couldn't show up if they wanted to just state that as a thing. It would end up being a Batman that came about in the 80s or 90s though.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Todd Phillips wanted to remake Taxi Driver. Still not keen at all on this concept.

Oct 27, 2017
I was first skeptical when this was announced. I became cautiously optimistic after seeing some of the shots and ideas for the film. After that teaser, I am beyond excited for this. This looks incredible and that was one hell of a way to get people excited for this odd take.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are totally going to give him a warehouse full of money to do a Batman movie.

He's not going to take it but they are going to offer it

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I completely believe that Phoenix will turn in a barn-burner performance, but man if that trailer didn't remind me of those April Fools fake trailers that IGN did back in the day

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited about DeNiro though. He could be good as a talk show host (if he actually put some effort in this time around).

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Can already tell that it has the best cinematography for a comic book movie since Watchmen

For that alone it's worth the price of the ticket

But also looks like a great movie

I have high hopes for this one

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
They could always end it like someone earlier said, with his current Arkham therapist saying how his story couldn't have happened in the 70s or like Fleck's mother has been dead for years or whatnot

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good. I hope that there's never a normal Joker presented. The trailer alluded to him lying his ass off as usual so that gives me hope.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017

It's DC, if Phoenix would be ok with it they could just Flash him into the Batman universe.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Getting best actor Oscar vibes here. Very strong indicator

No cg, no capes, no superheroes, only a performance of a tragic individual turn from being on the precipice to falling for it because life is a joke .

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif