• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is a huge piece of shit, but McConnell is much worse. Fuck him. It was his unprecedented "fuck anything Democrat" strategy versus Obama that transformed boring partisan politics into the dangerously divisive min-max only institutions we have now.

Yup. I hate Trump, but I loathe McConnell to such a level I can't accurately put words to it. The man is literally smiling as he willingly destroys the world because he knows he'll be dead before anything he causes bears fruit.

Yup. I hate Trump, but I loathe McConnell to such a level I can't accurately put words to it. The man is literally smiling as he willingly destroys the world because he knows he'll be dead before anything he causes bears fruit.

McConnell is one of clearest examples of a misathropic psychopath alive today. As much as he deserves honest hatred, he makes me hate political structure more by allowing a psychopath like himself to destroy the world.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 9/11 responders are nothing but political capital to McConnell. Oh sure, he'll help them. But only after they've been used to further some agenda he's pushing. It's disgusting.

McConnell is literal evil.

This. McConnell is going to go down in history as the man that collapsed the USA while seeking personal power and fortune. He is a traitor and pure mailicious evil.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Really want to hear the average Kentucky voter's thoughts on this.
Well I'll go out on a limb and say your average McConnell Kentucky voter doesn't give a fuck about some dead and suffering yanks. 9/11 for them is more about the audacity of some brown people attacking us on our soil.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Remember when McConnell helped lift sanctions on Oleg Deripaska and then he promptly invested $200 million into Kentucky aluminum? Oh sorry, I'm just getting bent out of shape.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The North Remembers.... your historic fucking loss and general shittiness for the past couple centuries
Kentucky was part of the North, which makes all the Confederate flags down here even more bizarre.

McConnell is not well liked here, even by typical GOP voters. But when it comes time to pull the lever, their choice (as they see it) is a piece of shit or baby murderer.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You really don't. Southern mentality = fuck the North.

Kentuckians don't identify with the South or North, on a whole. In fact, the various regions of Kentucky are rather culturally distinct from one another. Most will talk about the South with the same novel wonder and bewilderment as the rest of the country. Yet, most will do the same for the Midwest. And seeing a confederate flag where I live is rare enough that you can remember individual instances of seeing it. It's not something a respected pillar of the community would do... more like something you might see ignorant trash put on their pickup trucks as part of some larger rural brand. You might be surprised to know that we have no confederate monuments in my hometown, but several Union plaques, to put that in perspective.

That's not to say Kentuckians aren't backwards and rural folk. But, it's more of an Appalachian than Southern mentality. They don't concern themselves with what other people are doing in other states as much as they have a more insular 'well, that might be good for them, but this is good for us' type of mentality. It's why someone like Mitch, who is very effective as a national politician, is rather unpopular in Kentucky. What Kentuckians actually want is a Robert C Byrd type of politician who is only in it for his constituents and would see the other 49 states burn to do good for Kentucky. Crooked AF homer.

I think it's both for better and for worse. A lot of this state is going to go down with the coal ship and it's ugly. They want to believe Republicans care because they are lying to them by promising that their communities can be saved. But, there's no hope for a lot of the state unless coal can make a miraculous turnaround and coal production decreased yet again during the 2nd year of Trump's presidency, to a rate lower than 7 of the 8 years Obama was in office. Kentuckians got took yet again, and they'll go back for more false hope in 2020.

Last edited:

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Really want to hear the average Kentucky voter's thoughts on this.
Looking at McConnell's previous election ads, his main point seems to be "I'm a big important guy in the Senate. I keep all that delicious government money flowing into Kentucky." Which is bizarrely divorced from the official national Republican agenda, but certainly points to them being fine with him acting as a obstructionist ass and doing whatever he needs to achieve his ends.

Very nice to see Jon Stewart pop up again, though I wish it was under better circumstances. He's been fighting for the 9/11 first responders ever for well over decade now, it's pretty sad how much effort is needed just to show some basic decency to people who sacrificed their health to help others.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Mitch McConnell is what competent evil looks like.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Potentially hot take:

Mitch is worse than trump
Oh, absolutely. McConnell is a political genius who is equal parts ruthless and shameless. He's the kind of politician the Democrats could only dream of having; an efficient tactician who pushes his party's agenda consistently, quietly and broadly for decades.

We're busy playing by the rules, he's ignoring them and successfully changing the game itself.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kentuckians don't identify with the South or North, on a whole. In fact, the various regions of Kentucky are rather culturally distinct from one another. Most will talk about the South with the same novel wonder and bewilderment as the rest of the country. Yet, most will do the same for the Midwest. And seeing a confederate flag where I live is rare enough that you can remember individual instances of seeing it. It's not something a respected pillar of the community would do... more like something you might see ignorant trash put on their pickup trucks as part of some larger rural brand. You might be surprised to know that we have no confederate monuments in my hometown, but several Union plaques, to put that in perspective.

That's not to say Kentuckians aren't backwards and rural folk. But, it's more of an Appalachian than Southern mentality. They don't concern themselves with what other people are doing in other states as much as they have a more insular 'well, that might be good for them, but this is good for us' type of mentality. It's why someone like Mitch, who is very effective as a national politician, is rather unpopular in Kentucky. What Kentuckians actually want is a Robert C Byrd type of politician who is only in it for his constituents and would see the other 49 states burn to do good for Kentucky. Crooked AF homer.

I think it's both for better and for worse. A lot of this state is going to go down with the coal ship and it's ugly. They want to believe Republicans care because they are lying to them by promising that their communities can be saved. But, there's no hope for a lot of the state unless coal can make a miraculous turnaround and coal production decreased yet again during the 2nd year of Trump's presidency, to a rate lower than 7 of the 8 years Obama was in office. Kentuckians got took yet again, and they'll go back for more false hope in 2020.
Thanks for this. Very informative.

Oct 27, 2017
McConnell is one of clearest examples of a misathropic psychopath alive today. As much as he deserves honest hatred, he makes me hate political structure more by allowing a psychopath like himself to destroy the world.

Yup.

Psychopaths need to be taken way more seriously than they are. Nothing gets them off more than others' suffering. The really bad ones are not just fucking serial killers/rapists. The smarter ones aim higher.

They really want this climate change apocalypse while they vacuum up and destroy necessary resources (money, food, water, etc) and sow divisive chaos on their way out. The joy in killing everyone through unconventional means. Enabled by poorly regulated capitalism that they worked to break. These fucks need to by stopped and locked away in a prison on the moon.

Last edited:

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mitch McConnell is genuinely worse than Trump.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

Psychopaths need to be taken way more seriously than they are. Nothing gets them off more than others' suffering. The really bad ones are not just fucking serial killers/rapists. The smarter ones aim higher.

They really want this climate change apocalypse while they vacuum up and destroy necessary resources (money, food, water, etc) and sow divisive chaos on their way out. The joy in killing everyone through unconventional means. Enabled by poorly regulated capitalism that they worked to break. These fucks need to by stopped and locked away in a prison on the moon.

I agree with all of this. Mitch McConnell is the guy that Ted Bundy was trying to be before he lost all control.