• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
My sister recently informed me that my 16 yr old nephew is big into this guy. The more I learn about him, the more I find out that he's a creep. Time to have a chat with my nephew.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
My reaction to the whole article

PlainBackEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I was expecting him to suggest it as a hypothetical but he just went full into the idea. What an asshole.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Taking this seriously (oh why lol), I don't think the average male virgins are those who have been choked out of the market by a lack of choice in the dating pool (stolen by all the "high status men" and whatnot).

Virgins tend to have social insecurities that cause them to stumble in approaching women even in an abundant dating pool.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Why do these violent men swear they are owed women as sexual partners?
'Cause isolation makes them self-absorbed to the point that they can't see them as people anymore. Often they have many more shortcomings and misgivings, but because they can all be traced back to their success with women in some way, women come to represent all that resentment, as well as the solution to all of it. But they never consider that it makes them look at all relationships from a parasitic, self-serving perspective.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck everything about this shit and everyone that thinks this way, women are not a property and don't owe you shit.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was first introduced to Peterson from that sky interview he did. Watching that interview I honestly thought a lot of what he said seemed reasonable. But outside of that one interview, it feels like everytime he opens his mouth he just spouts a bunch of complete bullshit. This time being no different form the looks of it

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the bigger Bill Maher fans here but I think Bill needs to make some kind of statement or comment calling this guy out and saying he was wrong for putting him on his show. This is by far the worst shit that's ever come out of Petersen's mouth and he seems to be getting worse every week.
I mean Bill Maher has had Ann Coulter and Milo on his show...

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just waiting for him to say chattle slavery was an economic boom, lets bring that back.... for society.

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the last thread we had on him have a ton of people going out of their way to defend him.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Not saying it is. He's talking about young, unmarried men causing violence. The Economist was discussing unmarried men in polygamous societies because that's a really effective way of having more unmarried men, by allowing the rich and powerful to take more than one wife.

Peterson is also discussing unmarried men causing violence.

That's the connection I was making.
Well yeah, but the two situations aren't really comparable because even if we concede that the simple state of being single drives straight men to madness, monogamy is still the cultural norm in western societies.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
How does a guy like this get to teach at Harvard? Is his work in psychology at least a bit more grounded?

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
Not saying it is. He's talking about young, unmarried men causing violence. The Economist was discussing unmarried men in polygamous societies because that's a really effective way of having more unmarried men, by allowing the rich and powerful to take more than one wife.

Peterson is also discussing unmarried men causing violence.

That's the connection I was making.

I think of China where the ratio of men to women is very disproportionate. For men in the western world to be so violent from not being able to be with a woman comes from either entitlement , jealousy , or them being made to look like losers(made fun of) based on their society's standards of what is acceptable in a way .

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Why did he decide to engage in politics at all? He says a couple years ago he had three clients in his private practice "pushed out of a state of mental health by left-wing bullies in their workplace." I ask for an example, and he sighs.

He says one patient had to be part of a long email chain over whether the term "flip chart" could be used in the workplace, since the word "flip" is a pejorative for Filipino.

"She had a radical-left boss who was really concerned with equality and equality of outcome and all these things and diversity and inclusivity and all these buzzwords and she was subjected to — she sent me the email chain, 30 emails about whether or not the word flip chart was acceptable," Mr. Peterson says.
while that e-mail conversation (if it indeed took place according to that description) would have been pretty dumb, imagine being enough of a snowflake where such a discussion would "[push you] out of a state of mental health"

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Didn't the last thread we had on him have a ton of people going out of their way to defend him.

Closet incels, for sure.

He's a trash human and doesn't deserve the air he breathes. How can you be so cognitively dissonant to not see these "men" are extremely likely to be domestic abusers in a relationship?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
These people (like Peterson) are legit fucking crazy and should be on terrorist watchlists.

I get that not being able to get a SO sucks.

But actually thinking the state should force women to be your cum dumpster... I have no words.

Legit crazy.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I love how it's always our fault that we don't want to marry violent and misogynistic shitlords.
Fuck you, guy I'm glad I've never heard of.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm glad the charlatan finally got to his point. It's a tragedy that he's widely touted as a "savior" of disaffected young men.

What an absolute asshat.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bowles did a great job with that piece, i love it when a profile is neutral on its face like this one but you can just feel the writer's contempt for their idiotic subject dripping off the page

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
These guys make getting into a relationship sound like climbing Everest. Like being nice to someone is the most difficult thing imaginable.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i assume that peterson only cares about violent attacks when it occurs against people like him and wouldn't care about the eventual domestic abuses that come about as a result of his "enforced monogamy"

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
DdfUsdxUwAIx8mB.jpg

The amount of self-hate here.
You know in his mind he's saying, "if things change, I'll get my big chance!" just how people did when they voted for Trump. Meanwhile, all he's doing is continuing to shoot himself in the foot, and blame his bleeding, jagged stump on anyone he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.