• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Sami Zayn is no longer injured, but WWE are just choosing not to have him wrestle. Dave thinks it's because Vince thinks he's too injury prone.

Maybe the biggest deliberate waste of talent this decade. Holy shit fuck WWE.

That has to be so demoralizing. It could be beneficial in the long-run but you can tell Sami is more passionate than most in ways that money can't silence. Dude was the original Johnny Gargano and just fucking KILLED it at the TakeOvers.

What a waste indeed.

looks like some people just didn't get it!!!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
That has to be so demoralizing. It could be beneficial in the long-run but you can tell Sami is more passionate than most in ways that money can't silence. Dude was the original Johnny Gargano and just fucking KILLED it at the TakeOvers.

What a waste indeed.
Last April is was reported Sami had renewed and had 2.5 years left on his contract. So a little over 1.5 years left now.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
- Sami Zayn is no longer injured, but WWE are just choosing not to have him wrestle. Dave thinks it's because Vince thinks he's too injury prone.

Maybe the biggest deliberate waste of talent this decade. Holy shit fuck WWE.

dude must be getting paid a god damn fortune/care less about wrestling than we all think if he doesn't fucking bail the second his contract is up.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Why is that an unreasonable thought process when she has yet to prove herself in her position? I don't get the immediate urge to want to defend Brandi's poor decision making up to this point. Is she a secret booking genius?
Considering how badly the women's division has been I dont know why people are praising kenny

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dude must be getting paid a god damn fortune/care less about wrestling than we all think if he doesn't fucking bail the second his contract is up.
I cant remember which podcast it was a while back but I recall him saying he loved his time away while being injured and avoiding wrestling. He was doing improve or stand up and having a blast.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I cant remember which podcast it was a while back but I recall him saying he loved his time away while being injured and avoiding wrestling. He was doing improve or stand up and having a blast.

Yeah I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was at Nakamura levels of not giving a fuck at this point and is basically retired while also collecting a WWE paycheck.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Considering how badly the women's division has been I dont know why people are praising kenny
NC and Britt are the things that had specifically been fucking up the division. NC is Brandi, Britt was Tony.

Kylie Rae was supposed to be their inaugural champ. When she bowed out they decided to go with Riho, obviously that wasn't a great choice since she hasn't been around to defend the title or work many matches. Riho is over as a baby face at least.

We all know they should put the strap on the alien and PUSH HER TO THE FOOKIN MOON

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
rEQa0jR.gif

DMczaf
Zach
Dental Plan
UrbanDandy

Damn, what a pop!

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'm a little bummed out that they've apparently drawn a line under the Nightmare Collective altogether. Brandi Rhodes doing witchy-stuff was something I could get behind, and I'd rather they'd have worked on improving it like they did with Dark Order instead of giving up and cancelling the idea.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Matt Riddle did a post-match promo after the NXT Las Vegas house show main event last night and talked about how he was fired by Dana White (they were at The Pearl, a building UFC often runs), how some people don't like him, and that he would be the guy who retires Brock Lesnar. From what I'm told, NXT has given him permission to follow up on the Lesnar stuff.
Interesting considering only a week ago it was a no go zone and he ended up with heat because of it.

NC and Britt are the things that had specifically been fucking up the division. NC is Brandi, Britt was Tony.

Kylie Rae was supposed to be their inaugural champ. When she bowed out they decided to go with Riho, obviously that wasn't a great choice since she hasn't been around to defend the title or work many matches.
At least they didn't just shift the title onto Britt when Kylie pulled out!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is that an unreasonable thought process when she has yet to prove herself in her position? I don't get the immediate urge to want to defend Brandi's poor decision making up to this point. Is she a secret booking genius?
I have no desire to defend Brandi's decision making. I just have no desire to praise Kenny for something that just as likely could've been ended by Brandi. You place all the blame on her for starting it, and realistically we have no idea just how collaborative the beginning or ending of these things are. Has Brandi been involved in anything good? I don't think anyone knows. So, I think it's pretty sexist to assume everything shitty is her fault and good was Kenny's choices.

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'm a little bummed out that they've apparently drawn a line under the Nightmare Collective altogether. Brandi Rhodes doing witchy-stuff was something I could get behind, and I'd rather they'd have worked on improving it like they did with Dark Order instead of giving up and cancelling the idea.
NOW you speak up! I thought it was unanimous!

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
You place all the blame on her for starting it, and realistically we have no idea just how collaborative the beginning or ending of these things are.

Let's be real for a second, it's easy to cast judgment on Brandi for the whole NC nonsense because she's, I don't know, the leader of the damn thing!

She had every opportunity to say, "No this is bad, let's not do this thing", but she didn't and it continued and it clearly failed.

Like I get it, only one way to find out is to try and all that stuff

Nov 23, 2017
I'm still behind on my STARDOM watches (I'm on the 1/14 show) but I NEED to say this:

I stan MY queen Hana Kimura and I am a follower of her Tokyo Cyber Squad. Slander will not be tolerated <3 <3 <3

I also like Oedo Tai and love the Queen's Quest trios. I'm excited to catch up and watch Jungle Kyona and Jamie Hayter go at it.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Probably, the most likely thing is that the NC was a collaborative idea to begin with (obviously with a lot of input from the performers participating in it), and probably a collaborative idea to end it. It was pretty clear that it wasn't working, was getting no reaction from the crowd, and the toxicity surrounding it made it unsalvageable. The assumption that anything bad = all Brandi, or anything good = all Kenny/Tony is unfair and presumptuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.