• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought

Would Gedo ever book a IWGP Hvt. title match to be a complete squash? I mean like Lesnar vs Cena at SummerSlam.

No because that shit is super dumb and makes the whole roster look bad. Whoever is champ/number 1 contender shouldn't be getting squashed by anyone, ever.

The only reason the Brock/Cena thing "worked" is because Cena was hated by a portion of the audience, so seeing that shit go down was both surreal and satisfying in a way.

I do agree that a 15 minute main event title match needs to happen at some point just to keep the audience on their toes. Honestly, Hiromu might be the right opponent for that just given his style (Even thought I'm super looking forward to that match and would love to see it go broadway)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Vince immediately shat himself with sheer regret after Cena's trip to suplex city, and he had Cena blaze out at the end of next Raw and run through some heels (probably Wyatts) in a quick attempt to make him look strong?

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every captain who isn't Janeway - even Archer - would have gotten their crew back at the end of ep one using the array, and would have either trusted in timed exposives or stayed behind on a shuttlecraft to make sure

only janeway wants her crew to suffer

That's a great point, I forgot about the Iconians episode of TNG where Picard's basically prepared to blow himself up in order to stop the Romulans (or anyone else, for that matter) from getting their hands on such advanced technology.

How is THIS not cool? How is THIS nerd shit?

Checkmate...

Again, he calls himself 'The Archer of Infamy'. His name is Damian Priest. He is a 38 year old man whose hairline is half an inch away from looking as sad as Baron Corbin's, pre-bald phase.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Every captain who isn't Janeway - even Archer - would have gotten their crew back at the end of ep one using the array, and would have either trusted in timed exposives or stayed behind on a shuttlecraft to make sure

only janeway wants her crew to suffer

Janeway did what she did so they all could live.

And she fucked the borg right proper

Picard let himself be taken like a fucking coward against them.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I should've entered punishment martinez into the avatar rumble, specifically not Priest because we need THAT expression for avatars

punishment-martinez.jpg

pictured: not the look

i guess by comparison Damien Priest is a real rad dude, small victories and all.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Again, he calls himself 'The Archer of Infamy'. His name is Damian Priest. He is a 38 year old man whose hairline is half an inch away from looking as sad as Baron Corbin's, pre-bald phase.

I am envious of all people who can grow a beard cause when the hairline goes, unless you have a defined jawline/cheekbone, you are gonna look awkward.

I am not ready for my life as an eggface/moonface =/

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am envious of all people who can grow a beard cause when the hairline goes, unless you have a defined jawline/cheekbone, you are gonna look awkward.

I am not ready for my life as an eggface/moonface =/

Condolences, friend. I can grow a beard fine (although it refuses to grow to viking lengths, goddamnit!), but my hairline is sadly betraying me :(

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Janeway did what she did so they all could live.

And she fucked the borg right proper

Picard let himself be taken like a fucking coward against them.

Janeway hid her room like a fucking nerd during most of the trip through The Void. But hiding in her room wasn't who she was. Saying Picard is a coward because he was taken by the Borg is first class gimmick posting especially considering Picard was somehow able to maintain enough of a sense of self to provide Data the key to victory at Wolf 359.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Janeway hid her room like a fucking nerd during most of the trip through The Void. But hiding in her room wasn't who she was. Saying Picard is a coward because he was taken by the Borg is first class gimmick posting especially considering Picard was somehow able to maintain enough of a sense of self to provide Data the key to victory at Wolf 359.

I don't do gimmicks.

Janeway walked into the Borg's backyard and told them to go fuck themselves like a boss.

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see if WWE doubles down on Shayna leading a vampire coven or if they back off. I think they'll lean into it harder. I'm all for it.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they meant for it to be a "vampire" thing. They just thought it was an edgy, impactful way to debut her and would get people talking and get her heat.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No because that shit is super dumb and makes the whole roster look bad. Whoever is champ/number 1 contender shouldn't be getting squashed by anyone, ever.

The only reason the Brock/Cena thing "worked" is because Cena was hated by a portion of the audience, so seeing that shit go down was both surreal and satisfying in a way.

I do agree that a 15 minute main event title match needs to happen at some point just to keep the audience on their toes. Honestly, Hiromu might be the right opponent for that just given his style (Even thought I'm super looking forward to that match and would love to see it go broadway)

Yeah, I can't imagine another champion that could lose like that and still be okay. The ONLY reason it worked because nobody thought that shit was happening to John Cena. In a similar vein that's also why I liked Brock beating Taker to end the streak.

This looks like a teaser for a vampire movie.

Speaking of veins

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

It also worked with Brock/Cena because we had never seen Cena manhandled like that.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
we've all "joked" about Ace Austin winning BOLA but I don't think i've fully prepared myself for Hammerstone being in BOLA

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Hot Take: Allowing Brock to do that to Cena is the reason we've wound up with the version of Brock we have today, a dude who just does a few suplexes on a guy and then an F5 and that's basically the match.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Elimination Chamber announcement slated for tonight's RAW, as per The Wrap (put in spoiler tags just to be safe):

Shayna Baszler, Asuka, Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, Natalya, and Sarah Logan will compete in the chamber. Winner gets to face Becky at Wrestlemania.

...Why Sarah Logan over Kairi? This fucking company.

I mean it's obvious Shayna is winning, but still.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix

Because putting Logan in there creates opportunities to book spots around the whole Riott Squad being in there. You can have spots where they form an impromptu alliance to eliminate others making Shayna look strong when she has to take out three or you can get one or more of them over by having them eliminate their old tag partners, etc. Ideally, you used a multi-man match to tell little stories to get everyone over as much as possible in the match. WWE isn't terribly good at that but in this case there seems to be more opportunity from putting Sarah Logan in than putting Kairi in.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Because putting Logan in there creates opportunities to book spots around the whole Riott Squad being in there. You can have spots where they form an impromptu alliance to eliminate others making Shayna look strong when she has to take out three or you can get one or more of them over by having them eliminate their old tag partners, etc. Ideally, you used a multi-man match to tell little stories to get everyone over as much as possible in the match. WWE isn't terribly good at that but in this case there seems to be more opportunity from putting Sarah Logan in than putting Kairi in.

Also if they put Kairi in and Shayna beats both her AND Asuka people would be even more mad. lol

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Elimination Chamber announcement slated for tonight's RAW, as per The Wrap (put in spoiler tags just to be safe):

Shayna Baszler, Asuka, Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, Natalya, and Sarah Logan will compete in the chamber. Winner gets to face Becky at Wrestlemania.

I mean it's obvious Shayna is winning, but still.
Hoping for the best, expecting Asuka to either be the first one out or the one to eat the pin for the eventual winner.

Bonus McMahon points if Nattie wins the match by last pinning Asuka.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There is a zero percent chance anyone other than the vampire is winning that match

Status
Not open for further replies.