• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey RBH OhSatan (or anyone else who watches AAA)
They had Strong Hearts run in on a AAA show a month or so back, but now there's been two main cards I've seen without them. What's the deal there? Are they being used by AAA somewhere I'm not watching?

Hey RBH OhSatan (or anyone else who watches AAA)
They had Strong Hearts run in on a AAA show a month or so back, but now there's been two main cards I've seen without them. What's the deal there? Are they being used by AAA somewhere I'm not watching?
First rule of AAA never trust the posters.
Second rule of AAA they tape in a different way than most so they are not always card to card coherent.

And they are probably only having Strong Hearts do Rey de Reyes.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao @ the wording of this tweet

"he complained, but he re-signed!"

mfHpIeS.gif

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
It's like fucking clockwork at this point.

"This person is frustrated. They are mad about their spot. They want to work! They want freedom! Wait what's that? Oh, they re-signed for five more years? Oh okay cool."

This new deal gives Benjamin a guaranteed six figure income until he's 50. Probably 80% of the population would take that even if they hate the work.

Oct 25, 2017
This new deal gives Benjamin a guaranteed six figure income until he's 50. Probably 80% of the population would take that even if they hate the work.
People keep thinking folks are marks for themselves. Family and taking care of yourself is the most important thing. I know damn well what I'd do. Give me the bad work, but let me take care of my family and not worry about getting hurt like I used to? Yes, please.

Oct 25, 2017
Orton's most compelling work in years

Also helps the Riddler Matt Riddle can make anyone save Bork tap out IRL. Get that salt Matthew!

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Shayna's gonna kill you

1. They should open the show with this.

2. They literally should have Shayna start the match and eliminate each person before the next one comes in, with Asuka last and that's where your bulk of match time comes from, as that's who puts up a fight against Shayna before succumbing.

At very least Shayna absolutely should eliminate everyone in this match. The winner is such a forgone conclusion, let her just be the boss bitch

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've also seen it speculated that cancelling the NJPW shows would cost them a lot more both because the ticket prices are higher and they'd have to cancel the Anniversary show (or run it in an empty building). So it might just be a business decision.

Maybe it's because 80-90% of the Stardom audience are in the group most vulnerable to the Corona virus.

Wasn't Rhea like... hotshotted as soon as she popped up on NXT UK and has been in a spot since?

Though Charlotte putting the NXT title on the map is such a WWE retcon. She was the least important the 'horsewomen' and less important than Page/Emma when it came to building the NXT division.

Last edited:

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it's because 80-90% of the Stardom audience are in the group most vulnerable to the Corona virus.

Wasn't Rhea like... hotshotted as soon as she popped up on NXT UK and has been in a spot since?

Though Charlotte putting the NXT title on the map is such a WWE retcon. She was the least important the 'horsewomen' and less important than Page/Emma when it came to building the NXT division.
I mean that was two years, two Mae Youngs and two gimmicks after she was signed (and after an indy run) but sure

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Now that's a retcon! Emma...That's a name I haven't heard in a long time, and she was never great.

She wasn't the best but Page vs Emma was the match/feud that built the foundation for the NXT women's division.

Charlotte's was much more important to the WWE main roster than NXT.

I mean that was two years, two Mae Youngs and two gimmicks after she was signed (and after an indy run) but sure

Hey, I was specifically talking about when she made TV for a reason. 90% of the roster never get the attention she has right now.

Oct 25, 2017

1. No. Charlotte is more important than Paige/Emma.

2. The least important horsewoman in NXT was probably Becky. She never got the title and the two big things she did was be in the fatal four way with the rest of the horsewoman, and have a pretty good match with Sasha that's completely overshadowed by the Sasha/Bayley matches. She never even got the title

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Emma/Paige kicked off the whole "women's revolution", they helped solidify NXT and build that foundation. I would argue Bailey and Sasha played a bigger role than Becky or Charlotte ever did in NXT.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
1. No. Charlotte is more important than Paige/Emma.

Charlotte's NXT run was claiming she didn't want to rip off her dads gimmick, then ripping it off and winning a title in a tournament. To claim she was more important than Paige/Emma who were the ones who established women's matches/programs in the WWE could feel main event worthy at the time is nuts to me.

2. The least important horsewoman in NXT was probably Becky. She never got the title and the two big things she did was be in the fatal four way with the rest of the horsewoman, and have a pretty good match with Sasha that's completely overshadowed by the Sasha/Bayley matches. She never even got the title

She never got the title but she hard a far more interesting arc than Charlotte which ultimately played into her eventual success on the main roster. Sasha/Becky was a far more memorable feud than any of Charlotte's in NXT and a lot of that came down to Becky. I'd say she was less important than most of the others but more important than Charlotte.

Heck, Summer Rae and her magic mirror felt like it was more influential to the development of the other horsewomen than Charlotte.

Oct 25, 2017
Charlotte's NXT run was claiming she didn't want to rip off her dads gimmick, then ripping it off and winning a title in a tournament. To claim she was more important than Paige/Emma who were the ones who established women's matches/programs in the WWE could feel main event worthy at the time is nuts to me.

She never got the title but she hard a far more interesting arc than Charlotte which ultimately played into her eventual success on the main roster. Sasha/Becky was a far more memorable feud than any of Charlotte's in NXT and a lot of that came down to Becky. I'd say she was less important than most of the others but more important than Charlotte.

Heck, Summer Rae and her magic mirror felt like it was more influential to the development of the other horsewomen than Charlotte.

Emma had the one feud before promptly falling off the map, failing on the main roster, and then coming back as Dana's heel friend. This is like saying the Bellas were actually more important than Charlotte.

Beckys NXT arc was being a heel lackey before deciding not to be heel lackey and losing the feud to Sasha. That's not an interesting arc, that's Damian Mizdow's arc.

That's a bold claim for the Summer Rae stuff

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can downplay the importance of the first Charlotte/Nattie match. That match alone is more important in NXT history than anything Becky or Emma ever did there.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

Don't care if I've been Shida'd. Surely with Bushiroad's involvement now there's no reason why they can't livestream Korakuen shows anyway?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Emma absolutely did not have a bigger impact than Charlotte in NXT.

Now that's some revisionist bullshit.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
She wasn't the best but Page vs Emma was the match/feud that built the foundation for the NXT women's division.

Charlotte's was much more important to the WWE main roster than NXT.

Hey, I was specifically talking about when she made TV for a reason. 90% of the roster never get the attention she has right now.
Oh sure, but that could be the case for any pushed wrestler I suppose. I do get where you're coming from, totally, but I don't think you can compare Charlotte's rise and way in to Rhea's, not that I'm criticising Charlotte for that.

You're also 100% right on Charlotte/Emma.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Sometimes their worth ain't shit, though

Everyone's emboldened but let us do a Curt Hawkins and FACE THE FACTS. They all can't be winners. Look at Dillinger. Complete junk and he's been junk forever.

(Willing to subtract the coolness points from Shawn Spears because he knew he would fall into the eager arms of a contract from his boi)

Like, literally the next the thing I said was it didn't take courage for Spears to leave because of his relationship with Cody. He knew he was going to get a contract elsewhere. Shawn Spears sucks.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Summer Rae's importance is downplayed a ton when it comes to the rise of the women's divisions. She jumped started two heel turns: Sasha and Charlotte. Sasha being the more important heel turn.

But Charlotte/Nattie is more important than Emma/Paige, though both are building blocks. Becky/Sasha proved that Becky can put up big matches, which ended up being more important in the main roster than in NXT.

In terms of importance when it comes to the horsewomen in NXT, IMO it goes

Sasha
Bayley
Charlotte
Becky

main roster

Becky
Charlotte
Bayley
Sasha

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It's a smart play for Benjamin at this stage of his career.
Plus, he's always got a ready-made gimmick of being the token jobber thrown out there to get over Brock's opponent du jour.
That's better than most guys in the back have.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Summer Rae's importance is downplayed a ton when it comes to the rise of the women's divisions. She jumped started two heel turns: Sasha and Charlotte. Sasha being the more important heel turn.

But Charlotte/Nattie is more important than Emma/Paige, though both are building blocks. Becky/Sasha proved that Becky can put up big matches, which ended up being more important in the main roster than in NXT.

In terms of importance when it comes to the horsewomen in NXT, IMO it goes

Sasha
Bayley
Charlotte
Becky

main roster

Becky
Charlotte
Bayley
Sasha
I dunno, I think I'd flip sasha and Bayley in that bottom list.

Status
Not open for further replies.