Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
The game looks very nice on Series X. It seems much more on line with Kiwami 2 at max settings on a PC, and looks a lot nicer than Yakuza LAD from what I can tell. Framerate seems butter smooth so far.

As for resolution, it doesn't seem to have such a cut and dry 1440p look to it. Not sure if they are using some sort of image reconstruction or dynamic resolution. It doesn't look like a crisp 4k, and I definitely notice some 1440p-ish aliasing here and there, but the image definitely looks less aliased than Yakuza LAD on Series X. Maybe they are using some sort of temporal anti-aliasing.

Also, the city has some great looking water reflections that really give a nice shine to the city. Even if the PS4 version came out before LAD, this feels almost like a newer game.

As for the game itself. Combat feels great. It feels loose and snappier than Kiwami 2, less animations getting in the way, nd I love the additions and martial arts styles. The story itself hasn't grabbed me entirely the way a Yakuza game usually does, but I like it. This definitely is Yakuza in spirit, but just with a slightly different edge/tone to it.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Picked the game up on PS5 this morning from EB Games. I have tomorrow off work due to ANZAC day so I'm keen to put a couple of hours in.

I reversed the cover, it's a lot more my style that way. Love this and Miles Morales having reversible box art.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Made an OT so the conversation on this new version doesn't get lost and buried in this thread as time passes.

www.resetera.com

Judgment |OT| Kamurocho Underground (Xbox Series/PS5/Stadia) OT

Price: $39.99 Platforms: Xbox Series, PS5, Stadia Metacritic/Opencritic: 84/82 From the team that brought you the critically acclaimed Yakuza series comes Judgment, a gritty tale of disgraced attorney Takayuki Yagami in his quest for redemption. Haunted by his past, disgraced attorney...

Status
Not open for further replies.