• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. Judgment is my favorite GOTY so far mostly because of its characters so a sequel would be great.

I'm glad it sold well since I had some concerns that them spending more money on localization with English VO would just cut into profits but wouldn't actually get them more sales. If it exceeded expectations maybe it actually did reach some players that weren't already Yakuza fans.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I was kind of worried about this one maybe flying under the radar. I'm glad it did well enough for them, but also man they have to be one of the most efficient studios out there to release a game of that quality, that doesn't break into any Western sales charts, and is still beating their expectations.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Wow thats awesome for the team , I don't think this game showed up on NPD during its release month right ?

Really puts budget/sales into perspective. A lot of people love to claim bomba for titles that don't make it high up on NPD.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own the game yet, but I will in the future. And I will gladly support sequels as long as they support the games with a english cast.

Even with a dub it was able to meet sales expectations 👀 Yakuza 7 dub incoming 🤘🏾

If that happens it will be the second time I'll buy a Yakuza game since their first NA release back on PS2.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
A lot of people love to claim bomba for titles that don't make it high up on NPD.
Almost like every title has a different budget and rankings/hard numbers don't mean anything at the end of the day huh. The company's expectations are all that matters.
Really hate comments like that. Wish more people understood that not every game needs to sell millions to be successful.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
69346974_2511459935750834_2591545389089816576_n.jpg
JDmdHkC.gif

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God we've come such a long way from the days of yakuza 3 and worrying every single time if the next title in the series would come over. Now they wont stop and I fucking love it.

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing game, but trailing missions can go die in the dumpster fire where it belongs. I don't even think the concept is salvageable.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Well that's great to hear. It's one of my leading GOTY contenders alongside Fire Emblem. Fantastic cast of characters, it'd be a shame if we never saw more of 'em.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I am pleased for their success. As somebody who doesn't generally. play Japanese games whatsoever. I have completed 3 Yakuza games and about to finish Judgement this week within the last year and will continue to play the rest of the series.

I have definitely got a soft spot for this developer , especially with them doing PC ports which got me into the series.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This is great news. Between this and the recent success of the Yakuza series in the West it's funny to think that it wasn't too long ago that the series seemed dead in the West.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I have not got around to it yet? Judgement has a dub not japanese subs? is japanese subs still an option?
Actually has two sets of subs/translations. One that is closer to the original Japanese script, and one that is a little more English friendly? (not quite sure how to describe it). That's on top of having both a English dub and of course retaining the original Japanese voice track. Basically, this game has a ton of nice options in this regard!

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Wasn't much about this game smaller, though? One city, fewer mini-games, etc? (But huge emphasis on localization, playing a character on the right side of the law.)

Happy for their success.

As a side note, I'm currently playing through Kiwami 2 on PC and I wonder which will come out first: Remaster package of 3/4/5 or Judgment.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Actually has two sets of subs/translations. One that is closer to the original Japanese script, and one that is a little more English friendly? (not quite sure how to describe it). That's on top of having both a English dub and of course retaining the original Japanese voice track. Basically, this game has a ton of nice options in this regard!
Thank god RGG games just would not feel right in English and i usually love dubs

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I loved this game so much, to the point where I would be more excited about Judgment 2 than Shin Yakuza...
I really hope they do a sequel, and keep most of the cast as well. I loved Yagami and the gang.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god RGG games just would not feel right in English and i usually love dubs
Agreed, I just can't play the series with dubs, even though Judgments actually had a fair lot of work put into it with great VAs.

Wasn't much about this game smaller, though? One city, fewer mini-games, etc? (But huge emphasis on localization, playing a character on the right side of the law.)

Happy for their success.

As a side note, I'm currently playing through Kiwami 2 on PC and I wonder which will come out first: Remaster package of 3/4/5 or Judgment.

Judgment is still a big game within the series I think. One city but lots of new areas to go into/explore both for mini games and for story reasons, and the mini game count is comparable to most other Yakuza games (the arcade alone is basically the best in the series with its fleshed out list of games included). Combat is basically redone as well for Yagami - with a couple of new fighting styles and tons of new heat moves (as well as some returning ones). Basically it sorta reminds me of a single character version of Yakuza 4 - focusing only on Kamurocho but giving you tons to do in the city.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on my first playthrough now and love it, soooo... glad to hear this.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Great news! Truly hope that EN dub will now be a standard feature in all RGG games.

I liked the games in Japanese, but it's too stressful to read dialogue all the time.
Sometimes I want to mess around with my phone or look away from the screen, couldn't do that in previous games.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed Yakuza Kiwami and 6. I really should buy these games at full price to support the devs more than waiting for sales.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Good. I mean, I'm way behind on the Yakuza series already, let alone even touching the first Judgement, but more sequels is always a good thing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Picked it up last week and I'm playing it at the moment. It's great. Glad to hear that they want to make more of them.

I very much like the cats.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
There's something special about this game where I really enjoy just doing side quests and mini games, seemingly more so than the Yakuza series.

Congrats to Sega and the team!

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Good. I mean, I'm way behind on the Yakuza series already, let alone even touching the first Judgement, but more sequels is always a good thing.

Agreed. Started YK0 on PC over the weekend and will gradually play all the way through the PC releases. My hope is that by the time I get through them the next PC release is not far behind.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent news. I'll buy a sequel if it gets made.

One thing I hope they bring back in a sequel is the ability for the minimap to rotate with the camera. It was in all other Yakuza games and FOTNS as far as I know, so I've no idea why they took it out of Judgment.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent news. I'll buy a sequel if it gets made.

One thing I hope they bring back in a sequel is the ability for the minimap to rotate with the camera. It was in all other Yakuza games and FOTNS as far as I know, so I've no idea why they took it out of Judgment.

Yeah, I really missed that too.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I played through like 6 chapters just generally enjoying myself, but somewhere around there I became absurdly hooked and ended up with 4 girlfriends and 42 friends and I'm not sure what was even going on in the main story for a bit. I was on chapter 7 for like 20 hours. I still haven't finished, but the game has its claws dug in and I keep playing. Would definitely be down for a sequel, if the mystery is even half as good as this one it'll be incredible

That's why I LOVE the game's design with it's constant recaps. It's wonderful how the team knew the player would most likely need them.

Also, over the moon that it's a sales success. Currently on Ch.5 at around 20 hrs, and yeah, it's def got it's hooks in me. It's surprisingly a great game to jump and jump out due to being able to save anywhere and activities that can range from 5 to 30 mins. It's like, the perfect dad game :)

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
I hope they make more, it was a really interesting ride.

However I really wish the studio would knock it off with the 'goofy' side quests involving certain subjects, like, the parts with the 'twisted trio' and the follow up made me pretty uncomfortable.

Its never fun to have to recommend a game, but then add in like 'oh hey, but there is this part thats yikes' to people.