GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone here is mad at the pilot. The scorn is towards US society. What should he morally had faced time for? They would have aimed to put him away for decades for what? Knowing damn well the prosecution and jury members probably all smoked weed themselves at one point.

Ok that makes sense.
"Fuck whoever snitched" hmm I think *some* people are mad at the pilot, for sure.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
"I was just following the law" is not a good look throughout any point in our dumb country's history.
Get the fuck out of here with that shit take...

If you get in a taxi with a bunch of loaded guns, will you call the driver a dumb snitch if he calls the police?

The pilot would have lost his licence and his career (and possibly charged by the FBI) if they had got caught without him first doing his job and reporting it...

He's a pilot for a rental company, no reason to put his life on the line for a few dumbasses that decide to break the law on his plane.

ddd

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Imagine overdosing in an extremely fucked up and pointless situation and now you're a ghost and you have to go back to earth and witness people on a video game forum litigate your absolutely preventable shortened life.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine overdosing in an extremely fucked up and pointless situation and now you're a ghost and you have to go back to earth and witness people on a video game forum litigate your absolutely preventable shortened life.

Imagine arguing guns on an airplane pose no threat to anyone.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the same ghost looking at his past decisions and thinking that bringing a bunch of pills, 70lbs of weed and loaded guns on a plane was a smart decision.

Please let me know who they threatened.

What?

Huh... The crew? The airport staff on the ground once they get to the destination? Each others?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Get the fuck out of here with that shit take...

If you get in a taxi with a bunch of loaded guns, will you call the driver a dumb snitch if he calls the police?

The pilot would have lost his licence and his career (and possibly charged by the FBI) if they had got caught without him first doing his job and reporting it...

He's a pilot for a rental company, no reason to put his life on the line for a few dumbasses that decide to break the law on his plane.
Imagine not reporting this and then getting fired or worse, now your life is ruined and then you go on a video game forum and some dude with a Taro Yoko avatar that's wearing a "get smoked" hat is the only one who thinks you did the right thing.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being this obtuse. Jesus. They had loaded. weapons. On a plane. If I was that pilot I would have said something too. Dude could have lost his job or worse if he had been caught covering for them.

ddd

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Imagine not reporting this and then getting fired or worse, now your life is ruined and then you go on a video game forum and some dude with a Taro Yoko avatar that's wearing a "get smoked" hat is the only one who thinks you did the right thing.

lol at least he could sleep at night

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
There is no sympathy for black bodies.

"RIP but wat a dumbass! lolol!"

Meanwhile Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain nearly got a fucking national holiday.

Edit: Not (mainly) talking about this site but in general.

RIP

I mean, if we're going to talk about Cobain we might as well put things in context

And you don't think you have a huge responsibility.
"I have a responsibility to not promote a negative lifestyle. If I choose to live my life in a negative way which may influence kids to do what I do, then I have no problem telling kids how lame it is to act that way.​

"I never went out of my way to say anything about my drug use. I tried to hide it as long as I could. The main reason was that I didn't want some 15-year-old kid who likes our band to think it's cool to do heroin, you know? I think people who glamorise drugs are fucking assholes and, if there's a hell, they'll go there. It's really bad karma."

There's no doubt that there's truth to what you said. Some will just see him as an addict and have no sympathy for him, while if a white artists does the same they'll only look at the positives and ignore the negative aspects. That said, confronting the glamorizing of popping pills and drinking lean that prevalent among a lot of hip hop artists is something that's important. Because this is a big step away from heroin. You're talking about shit that there's a good chance a kid will be able to find in a cabinet in their home because their parents may have been given a prescription for them. And lean is even easier to come by. They don't have to go onto the streets to get it. I posted this in another thread, but here's Future's reaction to learning that Wrld attributed his own use of lean to listening to Future's songs while growing up

"When he told me that, I was like 'Oh shit. What the fuck have I done?'" he said. "It really bothered me. It bothered me a lot. More than that I thought it would bother me when he told me that. I didn't think I'd care about that stuff. Four years ago, I probably wouldn't have cared if he told me: 'Oh, that was good you was drinking.' Now it's like, 'Oh shit.' How many other sixth-graders did I influence to drink lean?"

Future explained that years ago, he didn't understand the power of his platform. "I wasn't aware of that influence, but now I'm aware of how much it influenced," he said. "It's like, this shit really fucked me up for a minute. It's all I could think about. Like, 'Damn, what have I done? What have I done to other people? What I did to myself?'"

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the same ghost looking at his past decisions and thinking that bringing a bunch of pills, 70lbs of weed and loaded guns on a plane was a smart decision.
I think we can all agree this was a big stupid decision and a tragic mistake all at once. It's fucked no matter how you look at it.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
people seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of harm reduction and drug abuse.

harm reduction is "this heroin addict is not going to become a good citizen by putting him in prison for 20 years, he needs medical treatment and empathy". or "this person has been addicted to crack for 50 years and removing said drug without proper intervention would probably kill him".

harm reduction is not, "we should let armed drug traffickers do whatever the fuck they want because addicts need to source their drugs from somewhere".

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

RIP

There was a whole lot of sympathy for him before people found that he died overdosing trying to dodge felony charges. And I'm sure there still is a lot of sympathy for him so this take doesn't fit this story at all.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol whats this a boondocks episode. Riley level thinking
lfqHqve.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Okay. I dont want to offend anyone, but if you're the main guy, the rapper, facing a misdemeanor possesion charge with prescription drugs, wouldnt you make one of your entourage hold the bag? The only thing i can muster is he was an addict and didnt want to give them up and made a stupid decision. Also, with 70# of weed on your plane ( SEVENTY POUNDS OF MARIJUANA) i dont think the cops would be worrying about a handful of pills. Plus the guns. Maybe it was suicide. Regardless, bad decisions were made.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To me there were 3 poor decisions made that cost this kid his life.

1.Don't mess with drugs. Don't do them, don't get involved with them. They'll ruin your life one way or another
2. Don't transport 70 pounds of weed, 6 bottles of codeine cough syrup, and various pills on a private airplane.
3. If you get caught doing #2, take the L and don't fucking ingest them to try and drop a charge.

This whole thing is literally one misstep after the other and I feel horrible for him and his family/friends.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To me there were 3 poor decisions made that cost this kid his life.

1.Don't mess with drugs. Don't do them, don't get involved with them. They'll ruin your life one way or another
2. Don't transport 70 pounds of weed, 6 bottles of codeine cough syrup, and various pills on a private airplane.
3. If you get caught doing #2, take the L and don't fucking ingest them to try and drop a charge.

This whole thing is literally one misstep after the other and I feel horrible for him and his family/friends.
1 is definitely not true, there's such a thing as responsible drug use.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
people seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of harm reduction and drug abuse.

harm reduction is "this heroin addict is not going to become a good citizen by putting him in prison for 20 years, he needs medical treatment and empathy". or "this person has been addicted to crack for 50 years and removing said drug without proper intervention would probably kill him".

harm reduction is not, "we should let armed drug traffickers do whatever the fuck they want because addicts need to source their drugs from somewhere".
This gets complicated when the person is 21.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Juice should not have died on that plane. It's a sad outcome and I really do wish things ended differently for him.

but I don't blame the pilot for telling the authorities Juice had guns with him on the plane.The article calling it a big no no is an understatement.

again it's a shame that this is how this story ends. Wish the outcome was a less sad one

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Was someone harmed by these actions?

What the fuck is a "bad look"?

Yes, I don't think the pilot should report a black man, who poses absolutely no harm to his person (or anyone else!), on all this lame bullshit that we've all decided we can call the cops on a black man for.
Yikes. All around yikes.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
That's terrible but there was only one way that would have ended. Reminder that drugs are still drugs and will end your life with abuse.

Why weapons?
Why so much weed?

I have questions.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
His death is absolutely tragic, but goddamn that's a stupid way (and reason) to die.

RIP
What are you talking about? The death of Juice WRLD, if this indeed went the way as described in the article, is completely different than the way Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse went out and totally not comparable.

Amy Winehouse was sick, she had bulimia and a major (and well documented) drinking problem, both if which left her in a vulnerable and weakened state which ultimately led to her death.
Kurt Cobain was seriously depressed, took a deliberate overdose of drugs and shot himself with a shotgun.

Juice WRLD, if the story is correct, made an extremely dumb decision. I'm sure that if it was suicide or some sort of sustance abuse-related issue, Juisce WRLD would get more sympathy. Conversely, if Amy Winehouse for instance died in an incredibly stupid, completely preventable way she'd probably get the same amount of criticism as Juice is getting.

You don't OD on Perc.
You definitely do, you can OD on any kind of painkiller. Hell, you can kill yourself taking too many paracetamol, a painkiller that is considered safe for babies.

Last edited:

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was someone harmed by these actions?

What the fuck is a "bad look"?

Yes, I don't think the pilot should report a black man, who poses absolutely no harm to his person (or anyone else!), on all this lame bullshit that we've all decided we can call the cops on a black man for.
I'm black, certainly not losing my license, job, and serving time in federal prison for anybody. Don't bring guns on a plane.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
It was absolutely unacceptable to bring guns on the plane, but I am seeing a bit of misinformation here, nobody was trafficking weapons, there were three guns on the plane, they belonged to Juice's security as far as I am aware, and they were all registered. Still a bad call and a stupid ass situation all around, but let's not go bending the truth to fit our own narratives.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
It was absolutely unacceptable to bring guns on the plane, but I am seeing a bit of misinformation here, nobody was trafficking weapons, there were three guns on the plane, they belonged to Juice's security as far as I am aware, and they were all registered. Still a bad call and a stupid ass situation all around, but let's not go bending the truth to fit our own narratives.

Thanks for this clarification. Any evidence? Not doubting you, just would like to know.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If drug users weren't treated like felons this might have never happened.
Impossible to say. Even if they were legal, I can't imagine it also being legal to travel with the absolutely insane amount that he was in the process of moving. It's kind of insane to me why someone that rich would feel the need to transport a life sentence's worth of substances through an airport. Reporting so far doesn't look like it's shed much light on his potential motivations but TMZ made it sound like he was on the Fed's radar for a while.

Early leader for the Darwin award for 2020
Log out.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes Im at work but TMZ's law enforcement sources confirmed who the guns belonged to and one individual was released without bond and one on $1500 bail. It was his security, and one of his videographer/camera men
If this is true then this potentially could have been avoided if Juice told the pilot they had guns.

Oct 29, 2017
The cops and the pilots didn't sentence him to death. He's the one who took all those pills. 🙄

You mean he had a choice in the matter? I only read here that nobody has agency over their own life at all. Now I dont know what to believe!

RIP

Amy Winehouse had a substance abuse problem and Kurt Cobain was suffering from severe depression. Not the same as accidentally offing yourself to try to avoid getting pinched by the feds because he made bad decisions that put him in that situation.