• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is really something huh. Wish the other two would take this as a call to competition and up their offerings, especially Sony.

Can't you just let positive news be positive news instead of trying to start shit? This passive agressive nonsense when nothing even happened yet is getting tiresome.
He does it all the time. Just stick him on the ignore list.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. MS really are running rings around Sony in this department. Can't wait to see what gets added to the PC version as that's what I have.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'll try Jump Force but cant say I'm interested in any of the rest unfortunately. But that's fine. I'll be playing those easy achievements games for the next few weeks anyways.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
AMAZING.

Was considering buying Bloodstained on switch. And guess I'm gonna finally check out jump force, cause there was no way I'd pay for it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Console_TW_Coming-Soon_9.17_940x528.jpg

9/19 Release:
Jump Force
Bloodstained

9/26 Release:
Bad North
Dirt Rally 2.0
Lego Worlds

this is really making me wish I had Windows 10 on my work pc (where I am doing PC gaming right now). The gamepass library is fucking stacked now, and I really wanna play Bloodstained. would be perfect for a broke lad like myself

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Could't ask for a better lineup. Bloodstained, Jump Force and Dirt are games I really wanted to try but was afraid to buy as they belong to genres that are very hit and miss for me.

Windrunner

Sly
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting of Microsoft offering up more good games than I can keep up with. They can't keep getting away with this.

Jan 19, 2018
dirt rally 2.0 is my GOTY. if you are remotely interested in racers or rally its a must play. Awesome get for game pass
That's me right here.
Quick era! do your thing and try to convince us that this is terrible and that Microsoft is doomed and should retire from gaming.
People get hooked on rally racing thanks to Dirt Rally 2.0.
People buy karts, rally cars, gaming consoles are left to gather dust forever.
Eventually, world peace is achieved through a worldwide rally race, etc.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If only gamepass games could be native with steam. I'd love to play bloodstained on pc but I'm not sure it's worth it without being able to use the steam client fully :/

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've went from playing thousands of hours of Dead by Daylight with a small backlog of games in between to playing less DbD but having a double digit backlog of games thanks to GamePass. I've almost bought Bloodstained a few times, too.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Each month 5-7 games leave the service. You can see which are leaving on the Game Pass section of the console.
So I'm still new to this but does this mean even if you downloaded them they will not be usable anymore after they remove them from gamepass? Or is it good until you delete it off your hard drive?

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! I got the Switch version of Bloodstained from GameFly (against my wishes, but that's a whole different discussion) so I'm stoked to have a better version to play. I enjoyed what I played on the Switch, but I'd wager I'll like it more now.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Dirt Rally 2.0, holy shit.

I really hope it makes it to PC XGP but I'm not holding my breath.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
How long does a 3rd-party game stay on GamePass, typically? Is it 12 months, or less? I'm sure there's some variance from publisher-to-publisher, but would it be fair to say 12 months is the norm?

It varies but I want to say the minimum is 3 months. That was generally for bigger games like Fallout 4. That was eventually added back to the service so games can come and go and come back.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm still new to this but does this mean even if you downloaded them they will not be usable anymore after they remove them from gamepass? Or is it good until you delete it off your hard drive?

Some people have reported the games working for a few extra days but no once they're off the service you can't play them, it'll throw up an error. It's not like XBox Live free games which are yours for as long as you're a Live gold member.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
There's certainly a lot of games I've purchased brand new at $60 for a low low monthly fee on Gamepass, and not too long after ... I mean Bloodstained is hardly old and I paid full price for it...

Damn. I might have to finally bite the bullet and do this, just when do I draw the line at buying new releases?

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Once they remove you can't play anymore. But if there are some game you want to keep, all Game Pass titles have a discount. I've bought a bunch of games when they announced the games were leaving.

Oct 27, 2017
There's certainly a lot of games I've purchased brand new at $60 for a low low monthly fee on Gamepass, and not too long after ... I mean Bloodstained is hardly old and I paid full price for it...

Damn. I might have to finally bite the bullet and do this, just when do I draw the line at buying new releases?
Always go by publisher. Activision,EA and Ubisoft aren't really participants in XGP. Square enix and capcom have most of their games on it. Also smaller publishers are more likely to put their games on it.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to try Jump Force but didn't want to buy it so this is perfect.

Games Pass is amazing.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha.

I was just watching jump force videos on YouTube a few days ago.

Now I'll be having fun playing it with my kids.

Thanks Jesus (and Microsoft)!

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, what a month. Def happy of getting Jump Force. Was not gonna buy it, but def will download and play it this weekend.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
That's me right here.

People get hooked on rally racing thanks to Dirt Rally 2.0.
People buy karts, rally cars, gaming consoles are left to gather dust forever.
Eventually, world peace is achieved through a worldwide rally race, etc.

we have a fairly active community thread if you'd like to join. we've run and likely will continue to run club events too