Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently, that recolored Beast Wars Megatron is not just a fan recoloration. There are rumors of a Jurassic Park/Transformers crossover coming. Megatron will be recolored into Rexy.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
But didn't Hasbro lose the license to Mattel? Guess they realized how bad they fucked up,,,

Yeah, Hasbro fucked up with the JP/JW line. However, their Transformer line is hands down some of the best so far. They're like mini-masterpiece figures. That picture is a real toy, they just recolored it.

psx12ug0fq761clkhz.png

Transformers also have a habit of doing crossovers. Like there were Star Wars Transformers a few years back. Recently, they released (or releasing?) an X-Men crossover toy. There was also the Back to the Future crossover with a transforming Delorian.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Hasbro fucked up with the JP/JW line. However, their Transformer line is hands down some of the best so far. They're like mini-masterpiece figures. That picture is a real toy, they just recolored it.

psx12ug0fq761clkhz.png

Transformers also have a habit of doing crossovers. Like there were Star Wars Transformers a few years back. Recently, they released (or releasing?) an X-Men crossover toy. There was also the Back to the Future crossover with a transforming Delorian.
And their Ghostbusters Ecto-1 I picked up!

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I live in the worst place in the world to get these Mattel figures early, probably won't see that figure for months.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Back making videos again. Did a review of the Bull T-Rex and now a quick video on Crash McCreery's baby raptors. I absolutely love this statue, totally worth it for the price I got it for.

It's pretty neat that I recognized the designs and poses from 1993 Jurassic Park card. I'm glad the statue ended up looking great as well.

idXKkeY.jpg

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If you live in the US, the Apatosaurus IS coming, but later towards the summer - so if you can wait, don't spend crazy cash to import.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
You guys are gonna like this. Someone recreated the trailer scene from The Lost World as a T.rex habitat in Prehistoric Kingdom.

Donkey Kong

Banned
Sep 30, 2020
Huge JP fan here. I love all the films, have seen each multiple times, and have a ton of the action figures.
Bring back the Dilophosaurus for Jurassic World 3!

Oct 27, 2017
Huge JP fan here. I love all the films, have seen each multiple times, and have a ton of the action figures.
Bring back the Dilophosaurus for Jurassic World 3!

sorry, couldn't find a short, non meme version fast enough haha.

This place is more lively around releases and a good place to duck into when the main page threads fill up with weird peeves and old hat arguments lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So what exactly DID happen with the Legacy Spino?

It looks like the new one is Camp Cretaceous, and while it seems similar, it looks cheaper. Dunno if that's just the differing paint jobs and lighting though.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

Laura tries to recreate the Chilean seabass served in Jurassic Park.

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks the Extreme Chomping T.rex's neck looks like foreskin. That is such an ugly design for head/neck articulation.

Oct 25, 2017
JW ride spoilers
Went on the newly upgraded JW ride at universal hollywood recently. I like it better now. The Indominus concrete area "Predator Cove" is a bit less boring, and the upgraded showdown near the end had my lady screaming, super cool. The crashed gyro is a big improvement over the prior random ass boxes, and I'm happy to see the fighting compys return. And the bush shake inside the Indo gate is appreciated.

I still think the Predator Cove area between the crashed gyro and the new indominus wall crack could use a little more flair. A whole lot of concrete nothin going on there while riders just wait for that part to end.
My first low-effort idea to improve that section would be to put a stationary raptor head behind those bars on the right, obscured, just peeking through the bushes.
This is soon after the busted raptor paddock, so it'd be fun to catch one stalking us from the bushes before sparky's bombastic reveal later. Builds anticipation and makes the kiddos feel perceptive for "finding" it. The Indominus broke out and the raptors roam...

CG3j5w4.jpg

And for my second relatively low-effort idea: It feels like there should be something going on with that empty ledge just above and to the right of the Predator Cove text. That's another total dead-end for the senses. A fake bush on a shake timer would be grand, making it feel like there's something hidden looming above the boat as it passes underneath.

glFLrZY.gif

Those two small changes I think would really elevate Predator Cove with a feeling of being watched/stalked, which while improved from the last iteration, still currently remains mostly a bunch of concrete nothing.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
JW ride spoilers
Went on the newly upgraded JW ride at universal hollywood recently. I like it better now. The Indominus concrete area "Predator Cove" is a bit less boring, and the upgraded showdown near the end had my lady screaming, super cool. The crashed gyro is a big improvement over the prior random ass boxes, and I'm happy to see the fighting compys return. And the bush shake inside the Indo gate is appreciated.

I still think the Predator Cove area between the crashed gyro and the new indominus wall crack could use a little more flair. A whole lot of concrete nothin going on there while riders just wait for that part to end.
My first low-effort idea to improve that section would be to put a stationary raptor head behind those bars on the right, obscured, just peeking through the bushes.
This is soon after the busted raptor paddock, so it'd be fun to catch one stalking us from the bushes before sparky's bombastic reveal later. Builds anticipation and makes the kiddos feel perceptive for "finding" it. The Indominus broke out and the raptors roam...

CG3j5w4.jpg

And for my second relatively low-effort idea: It feels like there should be something going on with that empty ledge just above and to the right of the Predator Cove text. That's another total dead-end for the senses. A fake bush on a shake timer would be grand, making it feel like there's something hidden looming above the boat as it passes underneath.

glFLrZY.gif

Those two small changes I think would really elevate Predator Cove with a feeling of being watched/stalked, which while improved from the last iteration, still currently remains mostly a bunch of concrete nothing.

honestly I feel like they should try to incorporate a Baryonyx in Predator Cove

Oct 25, 2017
honestly I feel like they should try to incorporate a Baryonyx in Predator Cove
my suggestions were very much from the point of view of "management doesnt want to spend much money or effort" but a Baryonyx would be way cooler
I dont know if there's any reasonable way to incorporate lava into the ride but that whole bary lava scene was pretty cool and would be fun to have represented in the ride

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Wow ep 4 of Camp Cretaceous went meta with
Yaz mentioning how she read that the original owner broke his ankle and got eaten by compys :p

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Man, it really sucks that I will never get to experience the Jurassic Park ride now.

JW is just not the same.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Rumor is, the Jurassic Park/Transformer crossover is happening in 2022 or 2023. Not sure how reliable this source is.

That said nothing says you can't recreate Jurassic Park with the current toys.

obOeH6C.jpg

Last edited:

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else wish they'd make a version that came with missile launchers like the original Kenner toy? Also make the Jeep with a snare and missile launcher.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else wish they'd make a version that came with missile launchers like the original Kenner toy? Also make the Jeep with a snare and missile launcher.

As someone who grew up with the original toy, I actually always hated when they shoehorned those out of place weapons onto the characters/vehicles. It makes no sense to have a missile launcher attached to the Explorer.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I actually thought the missile launcher itself was cool, but thought it would be more fitting to include with a dino wrangler or military type character/vehicle.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So having just finished S3 of Camp Cretaceous, I have some Qs and things to get off my chest:

So there's a raptor that's shown on the preview screen on Netflix and as a toy that... never shows up. I felt this was a massive troll and false advertisement as I was looking forward to it in the show. But now I'm wondering if that's what is stowed away on the boat heard at the end?

I was really hoping they wouldn't recreate the kitchen door breath scene and they did haha. Luckily they didn't go too far with it during the whole scene.

My wife and I audibly gasped at the FK T-rex scene. I wondered if they'd be off the island by that point and was surprising to see.

The more time we spend with these kids, the more I want to see their live action counterparts in Dominion in key roles. I'd be a little disappointed if their roles are tied up in the next season that probably has them dealing with the Costa Rican authorities, Biosyn and the stowaway and maybe even caged dinos that have previously escaped in a small port town before being truly rescued.
Edit: I guess not disappointed at all, but bummed if they don't show up in live action or get referenced.

And boy, that caged escaped dinos idea goes WAAAY back to my own personal Jurassic idea I plotted out on the old IMDb boards.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the JO vid earlier. I'm curious if it's more than just a teaser like maybe the last "season" of CC as a film for theaters ending with the setup to Dominion?