• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I don't have anything to say that won't get me banned for promoting violence! Hi mods!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Disgusting but not even a little bit surprising. When the judge disallows pretty much any evidence that would make him look even slightly guilty, then.......yeah.

Even so, America basically just declared open season on protestors with this verdict. A lot more Rittenhouse would-bes are going to pop up because of this.

thehorror

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
User banned (permanent): trolling
So if someone commits a crime and doesn't receive proper punishment, another way in which the justice system could "prevail" is public execution? Is this Candace Owens' Era account?

No. The justice system did not help JR's victims at all. But had JR been murdered, wrongfully, that would have been well, wrong. The justice is the fact that our Justice system deemed the killing in self defense. JR was in the wrong, he did lots of wrong things all his life.

lmao, tell us how you really feel.

Sounds like you're sympathizing with child molesters.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This ain't it. If there is no justice, there is no peace
Like I said in a later post, I just don't wanna see good posters get banned because of heated statements. Because advocating for the death of someone like "I want street justice " is a bannable thing here.

Also regarding the justice system, I've put in the other thread why I think its a complete sham. Protects the wrong people and isn't the absolute way for truth/justice.

Oct 25, 2017
This. You are kidding yourself if you don't think he is going to propped up and used by the right wing.
Congressional aide, book deals, interviews, NRA spokesman, CPAC, and a host of other paths will be following him.

Y'all need to remember this fucker raised nearly a million dollars from donations prior to the trial even starting. He will be a poster child for the right wing. They don't have the ethics you think they do.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Pitiful. Awfully pitiful. I wouldn't exactly be smiling or getting excited if I were him. He will be the next OJ Simpson & George Zimmerman in infamy. He won't be getting an easy life or a moment's rest like everyone thinks that he will.
  • He will most likely be haunted everywhere that he goes & will most likely have to go into hiding to avoid being assaulted, or worse.
  • No sane employer will hire him, given that he's now searchable on Google.
  • No sane individual will want to be associated with him or will want to be his friend.
  • No sane girl or woman will ever date him, especially given the video that he had beaten up a girl.
  • And not to mention that he will be fighting in civil courts in which he'll most likely be sued for now.
His reputation is tarnished & he'll will be infamous forever. He will have a very harsh life ahead of him.

And also, if anyone in here dares tries to defend that white supremacist SOB or make excuses for him in any sort of way, consider yourselves being on my ignore list. I dare you to.

There have been too many ignorant, right-wing nutjobs already doing that & calling him a "hero" when he's really not.
He's a hero to at least 30% of the country. He's going to be doing the whole convention and talk show circuit. He's going to make a fortune.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm glad to know that apparently it's totally legal if I take an assault rifle to a protest (in another city!) and kill 2 people, as long as I make the jury believe I was very frightened while doing it.*

* Disclaimer: Do not try this if you aren't white

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanna get this out there, please folks let's not advocate for murder/prison/street justice folks. That's a bad slippery slope. I'm disappointed in this whole sham like everyone else but let's not go that way into things.

The system is broken. Take a look at the thread we have on here with the white kid that raped 4 underage girls and got off on all charges. I don't blame people one bit for having that attitude. We can't fix this with voting alone.

PiranhaMan

Apr 26, 2020
If the jury for The Murder of Ahmaud Arbery by Travis McMichael finds Travis McMichael not guilty just like Rittenhouse then I can feel that this week (and probably the whole year) will be full of a whole bunch of protests.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
No. The justice system did not help JR's victims at all. But had JR been murdered, wrongfully, that would have been well, wrong. The justice is the fact that our Justice system deemed the killing in self defense. JR was in the wrong, he did lots of wrong things all his life.

Sounds like you're sympathizing with child molesters.
Oh

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Just wanna get this out there, please folks let's not advocate for murder/prison/street justice folks. That's a bad slippery slope. I'm disappointed in this whole sham like everyone else but let's not go that way into things.
Yeah of course! Let's wait for the justice system to judge this before rushing to rash decisions... Oh wait.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
So if I understand completely you can go in the streets, point your rifle at someone and then shoot them if they reach for a piece?

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Pitiful. Awfully pitiful. I wouldn't exactly be smiling or getting excited if I were him. He will be the next OJ Simpson & George Zimmerman in infamy. He won't be getting an easy life or a moment's rest like everyone thinks that he will.
  • He will most likely be haunted everywhere that he goes & will most likely have to go into hiding to avoid being assaulted, or worse.
  • No sane employer will hire him, given that he's now searchable on Google.
  • No sane individual will want to be associated with him or will want to be his friend.
  • No sane girl or woman will ever date him, especially given the video that he had beaten up a girl.
  • And not to mention that he will be fighting in civil courts in which he'll most likely be sued for now.
His reputation is tarnished & he'll will be infamous forever. He will have a very harsh life ahead of him.

And also, if anyone in here dares tries to defend that white supremacist SOB or make excuses for him in any sort of way, consider yourselves being on my ignore list. I dare you to.

There have been too many ignorant, right-wing nutjobs already doing that & calling him a "hero" when he's really not.

I wish but honestly I know of places around me in the south he'd be welcomed as a hero. There's large swathes of the country he'll be reviled sure, but there's large swathes he'll get around just fine in. It's not just the justice system that's broken in this country.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Goddamn. If there was any opening salvo to any sort of internal civil war in America, I get a bad feeling this is it. This verdict emboldens racist Republican chuds to show up and shoot Democrats/"Antifa"/The Vaccinated/Trump Haters, whenever the fuck they feel 'threatened'.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
If the jury for The Murder of Ahmaud Arbery by Travis McMichael finds Travis McMichael not guilty just like Rittenhouse then I can feel that this week (and probably the whole year) will be full of a whole bunch of protests.

I think the guys who murdered Arbery are getting convicted.
Travis was absolutely decimated on the stand by the State. And the defense didn't even have any real witnesses to prove their case. Hell, one of the guys tried to get a plea deal yesterday, but the State denied it.

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I don't know. I think he is basically saying 'regardless if you agree or not you have to accept the jury system'. Which is true. I really don't blame the jury here. I don't see how they were going to remotely come close to any other decision given the facts they were presented with. Kyle is guilty as fuck, we all know that, but when you have a shit tier case, shit tier prosecution, shit tier judge, and a defense that was allowed to do what they did…what are you going to do?

PiranhaMan

Apr 26, 2020
Travis was absolutely decimated on the stand by the State. And the defense didn't even have any real witnesses to prove their case. Hell, one of the guys tried to get a plea deal yesterday, but the State denied it.
I really hope so, but there is always some sort of doubt in my mind unfortunately.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

i hope so...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The system is broken. Take a look at the thread we have on here with the white kid that raped 4 underage girls and got off on all charges. I don't blame people one bit for having that attitude. We can't fix this with voting alone.

Yeah the system is broken, 100% in agreement with you. Have a friend of a friend here in michigan who's dog was killed by a dipshit pig who feared for his life. Thank God someone had a drone with video footage but nothing will change because of dumb shit.