• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm not surprised, from the drone video it looked like self defense. https://youtu.be/b9sGEbDry64?t=43
And this will be the first defender of Kyle on my ignore list.

What the hell am I reading with these posts saying "actually it was self defense"???? Get the fuck out of here with that.

Honestly can't believe I'm reading this shit. The only people who had a right to self defense were the guys he shot.

Between this thread and the other thread today where there was someone actively defending a serial rapist I'm genuinely wondering why the hell I come to era lol. Some of the takes coming out today are fucking unbelievable.
Yeah, these kind of posters such as keysersöze need to be permabanned for that shit take.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020
He will live every day knowing deep inside that he killed multiple people and devastated their innocent families, when there was no reason to even be in a position to do so "accidentally" or not.

Unless he has a mental illness, he will be dealing with that every day of his life till he dies.

He will look at his future wife in the eyes at his wedding, and all of a sudden have a flashback.

He will be playing with his kids and all of a sudden have a flashback.

He will suffer mentally, in varying ways, forever. Look at how George Zimmerman spiralled into a dark decay. He got away with it and he isn't in a cell, but his mind is trapped in other ways.

Killing other humans isn't something you just do and dont suffer the consequences. He will regret it forever. If he believes in god, he will forever wonder if he has condemned himself.

Even if he forgives himself, for every day that he gets to live his life "normally", there will be another when he has to deal with being called "Kyle the racist proud boy murderer".

He got off free legally, but socially, mentally and maybe even spiritually, it will never be over for him.
Reminder: After killing several people, he was in a bar celebrating and posing for selfies with people. He does not have a haunting guilty conscience. If he did, he would've plead guilty. There won't be any "oh god what did I do" flashbacks for him.

Save for when he wakes up in a Jigsaw trap and has a small puppet offering him a game.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
so strange to me that "feeling threatened" in this country allows you to take that persons life. it's fucking mental.
its not supposed to. in a lot of general circumstances in many states you can only meet harm with the same amount of harm in order for it to be self defense. Obviously the jury did not care about this and I don't think the judge did either.

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
How is it self defense when you insert yourself in a situation that you have no part in? This white adult baby brought a automatic rifle to shoot people and not to defend. This isn't somebody protecting the rights of anyone and instead is there to take away the rights of people who need it.

Another piece of shit racist white baby gets away with it.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
He will live every day knowing deep inside that he killed multiple people and devastated their innocent families, when there was no reason to even be in a position to do so "accidentally" or not.

Unless he has a mental illness, he will be dealing with that every day of his life till he dies.

He will look at his future wife in the eyes at his wedding, and all of a sudden have a flashback.

He will suffer mentally, in varying ways, forever. Look at how George Zimmerman spiralled into a dark decay. He got away with it and he isn't in a cell, but his mind is trapped in other ways.

Killing other humans isn't something you just do and dont suffer the consequences. He will regret it forever. If he believes in god, he will forever wonder if he has condemned himself.

Even if he forgives himself, for every day that he gets to live his life "normally", there will be another when he has to deal with being called "Kyle the racist proud boy murderer".

He got off free legally, but socially, mentally and maybe even spiritually, it will never be over for him.

You say it as if he has a conscience.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, on every count? What happened to the firearm possession and transporting across state lines charges? I thought those were shoo-ins at least.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised, from the drone video it looked like self defense. https://youtu.be/b9sGEbDry64?t=43

That's probably what made it in to a self defense case, but that's when taken completely out of context. It's insane that even if the murders are ruled to have been done in self defense, that he is not convicted of illegal weapon possession and threatening protestors with said weapon.

No matter how the ruling finds the actual killings to have been done and whatever legal right he might have as a (white) citizen to defend himself, he is nowhere near blameless for two people dying since he came there in the first place to stir up some shit.

It's a travesty that such a ruling is found to be okay in any society, there is so much wrong with what took place and the circumstances behind it, it's quite frankly fucked up that a white boy can take an illegal firearm and murder two BLM protestors without facing any repercussions.

I hope the ruling is overthrown somehow and Kyle rots in prison, cases like this one sets precedent and right now it's telling everyone it's fair to kill people as long as you bring a firearm to agitate them with.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017

If he were like you or I – someone with a modicum of empathy – then yes, this would be the outcome. He's not though. Posing for pictures while flashing a white supremacist symbol and wearing a shirt that says "free as fuck" doesn't really paint the portrait of an individual that would ever be haunted by his actions in the ways that you described.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, on every count? What happened to the firearm possession and transporting across state lines charges? I thought those were shoo-ins at least.
He got it in Wisconsin from someone else and judge dismissed possession charges because an exception it does not fit the elements of the original criminal charge (its only unlawful for 17yr old possession of its a short barrelled shotgun or rifle.) one of my earlier posts in the thread cites the specific exceptions.

Oct 27, 2017
Gotcha. I just heard a few hours ago there was messages not used in court where Kyle described shooting rioters. I couldn't find anything on Google, do you know if that has any merit?
It's an actual video but was determined to be not fucking relevant. Yup. NOT RELEVANT.
Just admitting he'd shoot some people if he had his gun with him even when he's not under threat. 🤷

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Concern Trolling over Multiple Posts; Prior Severe Ban
Reminder: After killing several people, he was in a bar celebrating and posing for selfies with people. He does not have a haunting guilty conscience. If he did, he would've plead guilty. There won't be any "oh god what did I do" flashbacks for him.

Save for when he wakes up in a Jigsaw trap and has a small puppet offering him a game.
What you see on the outside doesn't always match what's on the inside.

People smile in photos one day, then kill themselves the next and people always come out and say they had no idea they would ever do that.

Like I said man, people who don't have mental issues don't just kill people and not suffer from that. The images of himself taking multiple lives will be burned into his mind till he dies.

As I mentioned earlier, George Zimmerman had that same attitude, seemingly wanting others to know that he's happy with life, but you can see how whether he wants it or not, he is a changed and disturbed person due to what took place and how his ability to live his life as a normal citizen has been taken away, whether he's in a cell or not.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Like I said man, people who don't have mental issues don't just kill people and not suffer from that. The images of himself taking multiple lives will be burned into his mind till he dies.

As I mentioned earlier, George Zimmerman had that same attitude, seemingly wanting others to know that he's happy with life, but you can see how whether he wants it or not, he is a changed and disturbed person due to what took place and how his ability to live his life as a normal citizen has been taken away, whether he's in a cell or not.
Bold of you to keep assuming he has a conscience and any kind of empathy or remorse. Not sure why you keep insisting on that. Maybe it makes you feel better to think that this guy is sort of suffering, but you're honestly probably deluding yourself.

Edit: what excel said below 👇

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Or he's going to not feel any of this.

This is weird ass fanfiction.

Dude is a proud boy supporter who fantasized about shooting "thieves" got to shoot people and walk away from it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Duuuude

Shut up

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Why the fuck would you sympathize with Zimmerman today of all days

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

You should take the advice shown in your avatar.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely believe the prosecution was on Kyle's side the whole time. That was some pathetic shit.

Nov 1, 2017
It's like the jury completely ignored context of any sort.
All it takes is one juror to refuse to convict on the charges.

That is the most concerning part of this when the biggest, most watched news station in the country is also a right wing propaganda outlet that was defending his case from the start.

In this country how are you going to find a jury that doesn't have a single juror that hasn't been significantly influenced by the propaganda flooding all channels of media? Half of the nation views everything as a culture war in which facts are irrelevant

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Legitimately anyone who sees that pizza shit and feels their heart warmed should definitely invest all their money in my next line of DuckCatCryptoCuddle.png nfts
SolidScientificErne-size_restricted.gif

RetroJeff83

Banned
Nov 6, 2021
NH, USA
User Banned (Permanent): Concern Trolling Over Multiple Posts; Account in Junior Phase
Wasn't he grabbing the gun in self defense?

was Kyle supposed to know that? If someone tries to take your gun would you assume it's only to disarm? That's a lot of trust in someone being aggressive towards you. It's a tense situation I don't imagine most people would process what's happening rationally

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Gotcha. I just heard a few hours ago there was messages not used in court where Kyle described shooting rioters. I couldn't find anything on Google, do you know if that has any merit?
There is audio of him saying to the effect of him wishing he had his AR15 so he could throw bullets at them (them being looters at the time). IMO on the surface this seems like something that should be in the trial, but then it can potentially also open up the defense to dive in the victims' past which are..sketchy.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
was Kyle supposed to know that? If someone tries to take your gun would you assume it's only to disarm? That's a lot of trust in someone being aggressive towards you. It's a tense situation I don't imagine most people would process what's happening rationally
I mean I don't think that's reasonable especially since the most likely outcome was that Kyle would shoot the person attempting to take the gun from him which would not be deadly force on the part of the victim but on part of Kyle.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most people wouldn't drive across state lines with an assault rifle to act as a self-appointed cop to lord over a BLM protest.

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely believe the prosecution was on Kyle's side the whole time. That was some pathetic shit.
I don't. I just honestly think given the way the laws are written and the evidence they had they were fucked from the start. They screwed up, don't get me wrong. But the laws and system are on the side of this type of objectively wrong behavior.

Oct 25, 2017
Who told you I sympathise with George Zimmerman?

Jeez.
Because you summoned him as if on command to demonstrate how tragic it is for the shooter that they killed someone, how unfortunate their life will be and how mental anguish will follow them for the rest of their lives. Eat ass.

He is so emotionally torn, he is going on Tucker Carlson on Monday. Please someone think of the anguish that the shooter feels.