• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's not even a thing where I live. There will be a costume party or two in october and that's pretty much it. Kinda lame if we're being honest.
But as a lifelong horror fan, i'm into it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
It's actually Labor day. Usually a beautiful day, no real expectations of what you're supposed to do to celebrate. You can veg out or go to a BBQ. As someone with not much of a family, it's easily the least depressing holiday.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Seems fairly boring in the UK besides chocolate and hot x buns, the fertility stuff sounds good if you're a pagan.
Which places/countries go for it at easter?

Easter is pretty huge in Norway. Not in a religious way of course - basically we get five continuous days off, thursday to monday. If you also take monday to wednesday off from work during the easter week, you end up with 10 days without work, which is a great deal! Also around easter time we usually get our first taste of nice spring weather, so it's generally a very pleasant little holiday with lots of free time to hang out with friends or maybe go on a quick city break abroad (in a non covid year ofc)

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
All holidays suck. Random weekends where you can do whatever the fuck you want are way better than holidays that have familial or social obligations. Maybe years spent in retail where pretty much every holiday means it's busy as fuck at work leading up to it tainted my views though. Glad I'm out of that hellscape.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Personally not my favorite, but my wife loves it. Unfortunately, Halloween has been boring as hell since I moved nearly 7 years ago. No one comes around to apartment or townhouse neighborhoods. I'm hoping for a bit more activity where ever my family moves to next, and looking forward to taking our daughter around. I think I'll start enjoying it more at that point.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
As a European, I do not really get Halloween.

That said, it is a nice excuse to watch horror movies, but I don't really need an excuse to watch horror movies.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Outside the US its a children's holiday. Its celebrated by anyone under 10.
Over here (in the Netherlands), it was basically non-existent until a few years ago. I had a vague idea of what Halloween was from movies and tv shows, but nobody actually did anything with it. It has only been in recent years that I've heard of kids trick or treating over here.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Since it's not really a "holiday" it should just be a halloween month where it's not weird to dress up in costume anytime in october.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
as an adult, its just a nuisance. not a big fan of dress up. don't even get any days off.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I love Halloween. I especially love haunted houses, there are some really awesome ones out there and I love going with my husband to them. I wish my neighborhood got a ton of kids like it did when I was a kid but not many kids go out anymore.

I like holidays in general though, I only get together with my parents and brother so holidays are great to me.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's sucks you don't even get the day off from work and you have to be around people whose entire personality is "extremely into Halloween because they think it makes them edgy and different"