Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
wbeOLoD.png

hvXkGEY.png

I hated the theatrical version's Steppenwolf design. The Syndercut one seems much closer to the BvS design and looks much better.

I hope that with a better design they will also drop all the generic monologues that he spouted. That shit was epitome of generic villain speeches.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Is it bad that I'm bummed that its apparently split into 6 episodes instead of one whole movie? Kinda lessens the interest for me.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...what's supposed to be the difference between this and the movie that came out a couple years ago?

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
As somebody who found Snyder's DC films enjoyable, I'm glad this is releasing. I wouldn't have bet 1 cent it would eventually come out.
Trailer looks great, the plot is probably going to be stupid as usual but who cares? Can't wait to binge it with MoS and BvS DC.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I am morbidly curious at best, but I will definitely give it a shot.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
wbeOLoD.png

hvXkGEY.png

I hated the theatrical version's Steppenwolf design. The Syndercut one seems much closer to the BvS design and looks much better.
The new design looks better mainly because it hides the hideous CGI man inside the costume better. There is absolutely no reason why Steppenwolf was a full CGI character instead of a man in a costume (possibly with some CGI added in post).

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So...what's supposed to be the difference between this and the movie that came out a couple years ago?
It's still going to be the same fundamental story. Steppenwolfe shows up and wants the Mother Box. Justice League tries to stop him.

There's a bunch of material here that was cut, or completely reshot by Whedon though. Theatrical had some wholesale new scenes. A lot of structural changes, dialogue changes. There's story points here that were in no way present in Whedon's version (Cyborg's dad dying here vs. Living in the theatrical, Flash saving Iris West, etc.)

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Ok, that was a decent trailer. I'll give this a shot. It also helps I've forgotten (blocked out?) most of the original JL so this'll really be like a whole new movie for me lol.

Still not sure myself ha.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who found Snyder's DC films enjoyable, I'm glad this is releasing. I wouldn't have bet 1 cent it would eventually come out.
Trailer looks great, the plot is probably going to be stupid as usual but who cares? Can't wait to binge it with MoS and BvS DC.
Yeah me too!

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland

Base of the story is the same: Steppenwolf comes to pick up Mother Boxes while Batman and Diana recruit Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg, resurrect Superman and fight Steppenwolf. However, there's a lot of new backstory scenes (Cyborg playing football when he was still normal, Barry rescues Iris) and a lot of changes to the events from the movie (Cyborg's dad dies, Superman has black suite, Superman reunites with both Lois and his mom). Basically, this is everything that was cut or altered in the movie that came out few years ago. IIRC in the original JL Darkside wasn't even shown, while he's here.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
So wait guys... What movies should I have watched before watching this?
I think I only watched Aquamen, Wonder Woman and Man of Steel. What am I missing?

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
So wait guys... What movies should I have watched before watching this?
I think I only watched Aquamen, Wonder Woman and Man of Steel. What am I missing?
Batman vs. Superman is the only other one. Otherwise you got them all.

I'll give this a watch. Is this really split into episodes rather than a whole movie?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
BvS is the only other one. Otherwise you got them all.

I'll give this a watch. Is this really split into episodes rather than a whole movie?

Ok thanks. I heard the movie was awful, is there like a directors cut that is better or something like that? Or will I have to go through 3 hours of pain either way?

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks. I heard the movie was awful, is there like a directors cut that is better or something like that? Or will I have to go through 3 hours of pain either way?
There's an Ultimate Edition which I think adds about 30 minutes or so to the movie. I haven't watched it myself but I hear it doesn't do much.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
lol, cringe tweet, but so is Mendelson. Can't blame for him being mad the trailer leaked tho.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Hallelujah, praise his holiness Zack Snyder.

Seriously though, I'm sure it will be more cohesive and visually, it does look like a Snyder movie, and in that sense, it looks like a step up over BvS. Most of these scenes were all the scenes we knew were cut so I'm not sure how much more new stuff there will be to tie it together.

I don't have high expectations at all, but from watching the original and seeing how Diana's intro scene of the hostage situation had a good amount that was part of the reshoot and I believe the original had the bomb going off and Diana not preventing it. I don't know how Diana was suppose to resolve that situation, but as janky as the reshoot of that scene was, I don't know how the original was supposed to be better, at least how I've read about it on paper.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
wbeOLoD.png

hvXkGEY.png

The bottom one looks like the Shrike, one of the greatest characters in sci-fi literature. That alone wins.

Also wonder if it was too close to that robot thingie at the end of the first Thor movie so they changed it

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's going to be good, but I'm going to watch the fuck out of it.