residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
You really need to look up who Scott Mendelson is. The last man I would defend.

Great trailer, great director. His panel is on in less than 40 minutes.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Zack is constantly and continuously being shit on by "critics" and other people alike. He finally claps back at someone and he's a baby? Wtf lol. Good on him.
I don't care that he went after Scott Mendelson but the "my superhero movie is for GROWNUPS, unlike that other superhero stuff" part is so fucking lame

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The trailer looked good like all Snyder trailers usually do. Snyder's film making falls apart when you have literally any story or can't rely on quick music video/trailer cuts to be enjoyable.

He directs like his super fans act.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
Nah you're really taking that out of the articles context.

The whole article is him saying that people call his movies dark, but he doesn't actually think his movies are that dark. In his mind, that's what a dark movie actually would be.

I suggest you actually read that article

I've read it and everything he says in that piece tracks with the sensibility of a guy who has a pre-teen's understanding of what adult is.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
If you're a multi millionaire creator theres is honestly no way clapping back at the critics doesn't look pathetic. This isn't even a Snyder hate fest I just dont think its possible to look good doing it.
dd-composite-baywatch-tweets.jpg

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You really need to look up who Scott Mendelson is. The last man I would defend.

Great trailer, great director. His panel is on in less than 40 minutes.
The man is sort of irrelevant? People are reacting to the tweet and response.
Mainly Snyder being an idiot.

Also we're all allowed our opinions but for me Snyder is a terrible director. Justice League sucked and was a mess. I still think BvS was way fucking worse.

Oct 25, 2017
El Centro, CA
When you're defending your own creation from criticism you look like a parent swearing that their child is perfect and amazing.
You may even be right, but you still look like a stuck up asshole.

There's a reason you don't see many artists reply to criticism unprompted, even if it's shit criticism. It doesn't make you look good.
Mendelson is clearly speaking out of his ass. Most of the scenes in the trailer are absent from the theatrical release. He knows that. He's just criticizing just to criticize.

And when it's been 3 years of people denying his creation existed as anything more than a few shots that weren't in the theatrical release EVEN after Snyder has constantly said it does exist, even after multiple people have said that the whedon cut uses about 10% of what Snyder shot, after all the shit WB, critics, and everyone else has piled on him, yea I think he has every right to defend his work and snap back. Especially since this isn't the first time mendelson has spewed incorrect information about the Snyder cut for who knows what purpose.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I still don't get the Snyder love. His highest rated movie was Dawn of the Dead with a 5.9, 16 years ago, everything has been lower.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Gonna be kinda weird when he excitedly shows off the trailer that everyone has watched and talked about already for the last 5 hours ngl

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
Gonna be kinda weird when he excitedly shows off the trailer that everyone has watched and talked about already for the last 5 hours ngl
It somewhat reminds me of that one year the entire Xbox conference got leaked in advance (2015 I think?)

'Its like, here's Dead Rising 4's debut! Never before seen gameplay'

we had already been talking about it for hours lol

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Making good trailers feels like the only thing Snyder has ever been any good at.

A lifetime of tricking people into thinking they were about to see something awesome and then you get Sucker Punch and Batman vs Superman. If he just made trailers full time, that would be fucking awesome. He would kill that job.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Making good trailers feels like the only thing Snyder has ever been any good at.

A lifetime of tricking people into thinking they were about to see something awesome. If he just made trailers full time, that would be fucking awesome. He would kill that job.
And having those people spend so much time trying to explain why the movie was actually good instead of bad like everyone thinks.

Oct 25, 2017
If you're a multi millionaire creator theres is honestly no way clapping back at the critics doesn't look pathetic. This isn't even a Snyder hate fest I just dont think its possible to look good doing it.
dd-composite-baywatch-tweets.jpg
I agree that it's never a good look, but it also bothers me random forum posters will talk even more insulting shit and then get on a director losing it. Yes, he's held to a higher standard, but it'd be nice for some people here to have some self awareness.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I love these characters. I want to see them handled with respect and care. I'm never going to get that with Snyder. He's not capable of it. If that is me being shitty then so be it.

And people like Fiona don't love these characters? Difference in taste or intreptation of characters is still no reason to be shitty it is just a rationalization.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I love these characters. I want to see them handled with respect and care. I'm never going to get that with Snyder. He's not capable of it. If that is me being shitty then so be it.
Shitty over comic book characters.

Guys getting the chance to finish a project he had to exit due to a personal tragedy.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching that interview with Fiona was fantastic. For some reason, the snydercut movement was treated with such disdain it kind of made asking for a directors cut a crime of sorts. We knew how many scenes were cut from the trailers and as more and more BTS footage leaked, it became clear that the movie was nothing like what snyder had in mind.

This is literally a dream come true and all the credit goes to fans like Fiona.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Since when are scores relevant to people loving/liking movies? Or relevant at all about people's opinions of any movie ever?
People can enjoy shitty things. I do sometimes too. His fans talk like hie is some visionary director all the time and bend over backwards trying to explain how people are wrong for thinking he sucks and they just don't get him.

Nothing wrong with like shitty media just people need to stop pretending like it's incredible.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I agree that it's never a good look, but it also bothers me random forum posters will talk even more insulting shit and then get on a director losing it. Yes, he's held to a higher standard, but it'd be nice for some people here to have some self awareness.
People generally don't even have any self awareness in their day to day lives

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Surely a 4 hour cut of a movie that was intended to be edited down into a 2 hour movie, that was later altered and reshot and that then was given $20 million to get re-edited into a 4 part, 1 hour per episode, miniseries will have a perfect structure and consistent editing

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's 4 hours long, I wonder if it will be the version he left before it was replaced; or if he will try to do his original version that was 2 movies long

Surely a 4 hour cut of a movie that was intended to be edited down into a 2 hour movie, that was later altered and reshot and that then was given $20 million to get re-edited into a miniseries will have a perfect structure and consistent editing

This will not be made for a general audience, I think.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
People can enjoy shitty things. I do sometimes too. His fans talk like hie is some visionary director all the time and bend over backwards trying to explain how people are wrong for thinking he sucks and they just don't get him.

Nothing wrong with like shitty media just people need to stop pretending like it's incredible.
Oh I see, so it's because movies with bad scores are objectively terrible and anyone who thinks they're good must be delusional or something. They have to admit they like trash, that's how movie opinions work.