• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Misaeng on Netflix

One of my favorite shows of all time. Randomly popped up on Netflix and could not recommend it any faster.

FRZ7uu4.png

I've been wanting to watch this!! Now that it's on Netflix maybe I'll finally get the motivation to start it, haha. Thanks for the heads up!

On a side note: has anyone watched Save Me? It just finished airing not that long ago and I'm curious if it's good; the premise sounds interesting.

G-Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
Columbia, MD
I haven't watched as many dramas as I wished this year, but finally watched Strong Woman Bong Soon on Netflix (Strong Girl there), and it is now one of my top 3 favorites. Park Bo Young was so good.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
I've been wanting to watch this!! Now that it's on Netflix maybe I'll finally get the motivation to start it, haha. Thanks for the heads up!

On a side note: has anyone watched Save Me? It just finished airing not that long ago and I'm curious if it's good; the premise sounds interesting.
I've watched just over half of it. It's very good.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't watched as many dramas as I wished this year, but finally watched Strong Woman Bong Soon on Netflix (Strong Girl there), and it is now one of my top 3 favorites. Park Bo Young was so good.
When I search it on netflix it only shows. "Titles related to: Strong Girl Bong-soon" ... It's clearly in the system, but not public (yet?).

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Misaeng on Netflix

One of my favorite shows of all time. Randomly popped up on Netflix and could not recommend it any faster.

The show has been available for a while on Netflix (At least in the American and Brazilian Netflix) watched it back in June, awesome show.

As someone who works for a trader, it was pretty fun catching a glimpse of what my counterparts do in Korea, even if it was mostly fiction/dramatized

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
Oh the performance was great now doubt, it was a big milestone for Kpop in general I think. I was just saying to those who haven't heard Kpop before it was noticeable but whatever they still enjoyed the song and performance.I also notice a lot of the camera work on their peformance was shot like you would see on the SK music shows which I thought was pretty cool.

I always find it weird how when a Kpop artist comes and performs in NA it's a huge deal and yet NA artists perform there all the time like it's nothing so hopefully this opens more doors for the industry and since many Kpop artists have been branching out more recently worldwide it can only grow from here.

I think that has to do with the fact that the general American public is not used at all to non-English media (be it music, films, etc.). There's some tolerance for non-American productions as long as they're in English, but still the American market is very much US-centric, as you'd expect anyway. The rest of the world kinda adapts due to the US having such a big presence in media worldwide, but I'd say most Americans are used to only consume American media productions, or at the very least English-language productions.

Oct 28, 2017
hey guys, do you know what's the name of the song or artist that appears when they show the ingredients of the winning dish on Chef And My Fridge from netflix? (from the seasons shown in netflix because on my searches they show is so far ahead, dont even know the emcees hosting it now)

p11642127_b_v7_aa.jpg

for all that is sacred ive been searching for it but i cant find it no matter how many times i google it, thanks in advance!

Tangeroo

Oct 26, 2017
hey guys, do you know what's the name of the song or artist that appears when they show the ingredients of the winning dish on Chef And My Fridge from netflix? (from the seasons shown in netflix because on my searches they show is so far ahead, dont even know the emcees hosting it now)

p11642127_b_v7_aa.jpg

for all that is sacred ive been searching for it but i cant find it no matter how many times i google it, thanks in advance!

Props to Shazam for figuring this out for me. Here you go!

The singer's name is Lim Seung Bu (임승부). He's an indie artist, so finding music from him isn't easy.

Oct 25, 2017
I think that has to do with the fact that the general American public is not used at all to non-English media (be it music, films, etc.). There's some tolerance for non-American productions as long as they're in English, but still the American market is very much US-centric, as you'd expect anyway. The rest of the world kinda adapts due to the US having such a big presence in media worldwide, but I'd say most Americans are used to only consume American media productions, or at the very least English-language productions.

Frankly, the big Korean entertainment companies grew complacent from their success from the last generation of performers who hit it big there. They used Psy's, SNSD's, and Wonder Girls' US appearances a few years ago to boast they made it in the US now, but they didn't really break through as US artists. Compare this to musicians like Rihanna, Sean Paul, Daddy Yankee, etc, etc.

They publish in iTunes and Spotify, yes, but clearly they can do so much more to cater to an international audience. Imagine the difference between these artists appearing infrequently in international Kpop festivals vs individual artists holding world tours at the scale musicians like Beyonce or Dua Lipa has them.

·feist·

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't agree more. My wife and I were talking about how this could've been Exo a couple years ago if they had kept it together, or even one of the YG groups if they weren't all mismanaged on some level/internally sabotaged by virtue of being on YG.
The last part is the most puzzling. YG should spend less time being awful to up and coming artists and more time figuring out how to properly promote his own agency's musical acts.

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2017/11/...nine-thankfully-gets-shit-on-by-aces-donghun/
https://twitter.com/loonagirls/status/927093958244696064
https://www.resetera.com/threads/k-pop-era-ot-into-the-new-world.455/page-20#post-555368
https://www.resetera.com/threads/k-pop-era-ot-into-the-new-world.455/page-20#post-556048

The Unit episode 2 (or 3 and 4, depends on how you are counting) is already subbed in the usual places.

Also, reminder that Mix9 (and YG) is not worth anyones time.
Wait, the first batch of Loona are participating in M9???

https://twitter.com/loonagirls/status/927093958244696064

The interviewer in this 1st video clip is clearly off her meds:

BTS Say They Don't Need Girlfriends When They Have Fan Army (Exclusive)

Some others:

BTS Sings Camila Cabello's 'Havana' & Shows Off Some Red Carpet Dance Moves! | AMAs 2017

BTS After Their First U.S. Television Debut for The 2017 American Music Awards

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i keep hoping and checking one day someone will upload a high quality live version of this old Roora song from 96.
i have the actual oop CD. it was probably their least successful album and commercially forgotten but i love this song.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
i keep hoping and checking one day someone will upload a high quality live version of this old Roora song from 96.
i have the actual oop CD. it was probably their least successful album and commercially forgotten but i love this song.

Maybe not succesful, but the fans are getting their lifes in that recording. Song sounds good despite the bad quality.

Grath

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
A non-kpop friend of mine said the peekaboo mv looked a lil bit something like it came from The Addams Family show, so I did the next best thing I could do with minimal editing.

·feist·

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That 'You In Me' video must have been awkward to film.

KARD and Red Velvet are trendsetters in the nascent DeathPop/TropicalSlaughterhouse sub-genre.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the melody in You In Me, it adds an energy very different to their past releases.
Their past lyrics dealt with loss, but I was not expecting how dark this MV got. I really want to see some behind the scenes recording, some of them must have been embarrassed filming that.

Trivia: "Apego" means "attachment" in Portuguese, that's the word shown on top of the motel.

roosters93

Oct 25, 2017

Red Velvet only in the vid for a bit, but this is a new vid by a very stupid but funny korean youtube channel I watch.
Misaeng on Netflix

FRZ7uu4.png

yess Misaeng was so good. Refreshingly different from most other dramas I'd seen at the point. The ending was a bit meh for me though. I wonder how it compares to the comic it's based on.

Oh that Bae Doona drama Stronger is also on Netflix, time to watch it
I finished Stranger today. Great stuff. Great cast.
I realised the OST also has music from two of my favourite k-indie artists Oohyo and Richard Parkers. Will have to give it a listen.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't say twicetagramm survived more than a week. Rollin' will stay in the playlist since it's the best song on the album, but did they really have much of presence a couple days after the comeback? The RV teasers alone had more hype than Likey. :p
Sorry just feel like posting Momo gifs. damn she is so pretty
No need to be sorry, she's the official K-Pop ERA Twice queen after all.

We will probably get some dance versions soon, but this is also nice:

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Well that KARD MV took a turn I wasn't expecting, haha. Song's great though, KARD always coming through with great stuff so far.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Peek-A-Boo sang live on radio:

Love seeing Wendy be so healthy. Still crying over Seulgis bangs.

That's what they would call <sexy> version right?

Anybody seen the latest Running Man? Se jeong looked different somehow. Overworked from the comeback and other work or plastic surgery?

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
That new KARD song is interesting. Not sure if I like it, but I'll still support them because we need more co-ed groups.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not completely sure how I feel about You & Me. Into You is such a great opener, but while most of the tracks are good, I don't think it's really what I wanted out of a new KARD EP.

MV was pretty great.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I was just reminded... Bubble Pop is the greatest k-pop song of all time!

Has anyone watched the korean movie "The Villainess"? I'm a sucker for Kim Ok-bin and its available on itunes. Any recommendations?

The Villainess was fun, Kim Ok-bin was great. There are some amazing parts of that movie, and also maybe one too many plot twists, a little too long, but some of the charm of it is how it suddenly throws stuff like a k-drama romance in there.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
The Villainess was fun, Kim Ok-bin was great. There are some amazing parts of that movie, and also maybe one too many plot twists, a little too long, but some of the charm of it is how it suddenly throws stuff like a k-drama romance in there.

Cool, thanks. After Thirst the woman can do no wrong. Oddly I have the hardest time getting people to watch Thirst, even though its one of the most interesting vampire movies in the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.