• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Great music and teasers throughout the last page (50ppp Mafia).

Elkie, So beautiful this song T_T
Yes. CLC already had really good singers, but Elkie probably took the top spot the day she was added to the group.

I've been really looking forward to this.

On a related note:

"Weekly Idol" Announces Departure Of Current Hosts

The heck are you even doing MBC.
Weekly Idol was the only variety show I still watched regularly... until the hosts left. Hani, Heechul and others did a great job substituting, though.

I've liked Shin Young in the past, but haven't followed her recently at all and I'm fairly ambivalent towards the other two, now former, replacement hosts. Mostly only watched for guests I liked a lot and/or had little exposure on other shows.

No surprises Idol Room is more consistently interesting and entertaining. IIRC, Idol Room has notably stronger ratings.

992CE5445BE0417206

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017

Great music and teasers throughout the last page (50ppp Mafia).

Yes. CLC already had really good singers, but Elkie probably took the top spot the day she was added to the group.
I've been following Elkie since she was a young Hong Kong actress, Their was foreshadowing of her becoming a singer in the future in one of the series she was in. I'm happy for her that she become a Kpop Idol and Star ^_^

Layered

May 26, 2018
K-Pop fans are weird. EXID posted the MV on their FB page, and many of the comments are fans telling people to stream the video on YouTube. One of them even complained it's going to hurt their numbers.

I'm ready for Red Velvet. Curious to hear the LDN Noise track.
I think fans are worried it's gonna be EXID's last comeback before disbandment, so they're going a bit over the top with it in the comment section. Although, EXID is Banana Culture's biggest act and pretty cheap considering their music is self-produced so I don't think disbandment is likely.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I think fans are worried it's gonna be EXID's last comeback before disbandment, so they're going a bit over the top with it in the comment section. Although, EXID is Banana Culture's biggest act and pretty cheap considering their music is self-produced so I don't think disbandment is likely.
Wait exid is disbanding?

To be honest this is the first time I love Exid's song. As much as i listened to theirs several times, I Love U is the catchiest one.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Going out on a high note. Noo please don't, not right after getting their best singer back.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet calling their upcoming song "Really Bad Boy" is the dumbest thing ever in my eyes. Sure, make a sequel to one of your worst singles! :)

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't stutter! Seriously though, I find that song pretty middle of the road. Waned to love it, but it feels like a half cooked meal. Maybe they can get it right this time.

Layered

May 26, 2018
Going out on a high note. Noo please don't, not right after getting their best singer back.
Solji said something about this potentially being the last comeback for EXID, but I think she meant it personally to herself (as she might have to withdraw from the group in the future for her health). Hope she does what's best for her but she killed this comeback!

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, never heard any hate towards Bad Boy. I personally love it but I can understand not liking it if you aren't into R&B.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping KARD's next comeback is better planned and better received than the last two. The full group version of 'Trust Me' needs more love. 'Ride On The Wind,' though...

I've been following Elkie since she was a young Hong Kong actress, Their was foreshadowing of her becoming a singer in the future in one of the series she was in. I'm happy for her that she become a Kpop Idol and Star ^_^
Came across Elkie's acting and singing later than other people, and then of course she joined CLC.

Once Cube ends the group officially, or puts them on something of a permanent hiatus, I fully expect her to be one of members they make the most effort at retaining and promoting, if any. Unless she gets better offers and opportunities going the China/ Hong Kong/Taiwan route with local agencies for acting, singing, modeling and endorsements. f(x) Victoria is never coming back.

[KEYNOTE interview] #9 DRUNKEN TIGER (드렁큰 타이거)

[FM_1.24] 프로미스나인 (fromis_9) - 'Special Stage' Behind

Baek A Yeon --- [짠내주의] 이별한 나에게 이별요정이 찾아왔다?! 백아연 - 마음아 미안해 | 이별러들 위로하러 나타난 아연요정✨ ㅣ 딩고뮤직 ㅣ live l 이별노래

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Came across Elkie's acting and singing later than other people, and then of course she joined CLC.

Once Cube ends the group officially, or puts them on something of a permanent hiatus, I fully expect her to be one of members they make the most effort at retaining and promoting, if any. Unless she gets better offers and opportunities going the China/ Hong Kong/Taiwan route with local agencies for acting, singing, modeling and endorsements. f(x) Victoria is never coming back.
This is the foreshadowing I was mentioning but of course it's in Cantonese ^_^

To Summarize it, She wanted to practice her singing for a competition and she started singing to his dad in this series I think. Then he told her stop then she ask if this song is not good? Then stated it's not about if the song is not good and ask her why she want to sing in this competition. She then stated she want someone to say she can sing very good then he stated she bad at singing. Then he goes on about he doesn't want her to do this competition and focus on her school instead of dreaming of becoming an idol. Then she gets angry and ask about what's wrong with dreaming to become a idol.

Elkie Vocals "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston ^_^

Last edited:

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Yo is it just me...or does Momoland have some terrible choreography?

I hate that run in place shuffle run thing they've used TWICE in two different choreos. So they've somehow managed to incorporated part of the Shoot dance into one of their routines? I swear their dances are so cringy.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Kyla has reportedly terminated her contract with Pledis. The original article has been deleted, but I think everyone have been expecting these news. Kyla was always the odd one out, being one of the new girls, the youngest members, chubby (for an idol), not as talented as Seungyeon and Yehana, and wasn't remarkable at variety either. It was a mistake to debut her with Pristin. I hope that's it, and Pristin can move forward now with 9 members. Group is too good to be squandered like this. Fix your shit Pledis.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Kyla has reportedly terminated her contract with Pledis. The original article has been deleted, but I think everyone have been expecting these news. Kyla was always the odd one out, being one of the new girls, the youngest members, chubby (for an idol), not as talented as Seungyeon and Yehana, and wasn't remarkable at variety either. It was a mistake to debut her with Pristin. I hope that's it, and Pristin can move forward now with 9 members. Group is too good to be squandered like this. Fix your shit Pledis.
The bullying of Kyla online was some of the grossest shit Knetizens/Kpop fans have done, and that is saying something.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Oh My Girl 'Remember Me' still so good. Also features one of the few Mimi verses I like or can remember at all.

[직캠/FANCAM] 181124 오마이걸(OH MY GIRL) 비밀정원, 한발짝 두발짝, 불꽃놀이, I FOUND LOVE @ 대한민국 종교문화축제

어반자카파 URBAN ZAKAPA - Beautiful Day [세아노] 결혼식 축가 라이브 LIVE

Eunji -- [소수빈] 소수빈x정은지 '신경쓰여요' (with 정은지 of 에이핑크)

Gugudan - 2PM Date with Ji Seok Jin (ENG SUBS)

This is the foreshadowing I was mentioning but of course it's in Cantonese ^_^

To Summarize it, She wanted to practice her singing for a competition and she started singing to his dad in this series I think. Then he told her stop then she ask if this song is not good? Then stated it's not about if the song is not good and ask her why she want to sing in this competition. She then stated she want someone to say she can sing very good then he stated she bad at singing. Then he goes on about he doesn't want her to do this competition and focus on her school instead of dreaming of becoming an idol. Then she gets angry and ask about what's wrong with dreaming to become a idol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JUaisxrak

Elkie Vocals "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston ^_^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLqluC-3fk4
Heh that's the show. Couldn't remember if it was a medical drama specifically or Elkie was visiting the doctor.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Kyla has reportedly terminated her contract with Pledis. The original article has been deleted, but I think everyone have been expecting these news. Kyla was always the odd one out, being one of the new girls, the youngest members, chubby (for an idol), not as talented as Seungyeon and Yehana, and wasn't remarkable at variety either. It was a mistake to debut her with Pristin. I hope that's it, and Pristin can move forward now with 9 members. Group is too good to be squandered like this.
Happy for her. What a series of poor choices on management's part.

Fix your shit Pledis.
99918F495BE8218E2DA53B

any day now...

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017

As expected from Lovelyz, it's cute and good, but not quite what I would expect from Infinites sister group. Like, I dont expect a sloppy copy and paste job with wigs and skirts, but it's time to graduate from the endless loop of cute songs. While it wasn't my favorite song of theirs, I was still hopeful that Destiny was an indicator of a new direction for them. Unfortunately, it seems it was just a detour.

Oh My Girl 'Remember Me' still so good. Also features one of the few Mimi verses I like or can remember at all.

I feel like two verses is too much though. My favorite verse of hers is definitely Closer. If you had told me before I heard it that I would love a rap part of a song like Closer, I would have called you crazy, but that song is perfect in every conceivable way.

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting song, but killing a cow to get the milk? WTF?

Was randomly checking releases I would never give them a go and decided to give a go to HOTSHOT's latest mini. It came out of nowhere but it's full of quality tracks.

This track produced by Cha Cha Malone.

This funky song with a cool guitar loop.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

The entire album is awesome. Worthy of a listen.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
That Flavor song is amazing IMHO. Love the production. Also, they didn't kill the cow (it said KO). They just beat her up because she didn't want to share her sweet milk :P

Which is still fucked up lol

Out of all the Orange Caramel copycat songs (from OMG Banana & that Gugudan sub-unit) this one is the best.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe Key's album came out of nowhere and is challenging Robyn's Honey (stream on Spotify!) as my album of the year. So many pop bangers, whew.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
[EXID(이엑스아이디)] 알러뷰 안무 영상 ('I LOVE YOU' Dance Practice Video)

IzOne x Billboard Korea -- [인터뷰] 2018 슈퍼루키 '아이즈원(IZ*ONE)', 12가지 빛깔의 매력 탐구

IZONE Amigo TV ENG SUB Full ver Teaser part 1

IZONE Amigo TV ENG SUB Full ver Teaser part 2

I feel like two verses is too much though. My favorite verse of hers is definitely Closer. If you had told me before I heard it that I would love a rap part of a song like Closer, I would have called you crazy, but that song is perfect in every conceivable way.
'Closer' is god-level. I wouldn't change anything about the song, M/V, choreography, etc. (accounting for JinE's departure)

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I really had zero hopes on Yubin's solo career, but I'm glad to be proven wrong with another killer track from her.

2nd teaser to the next poll:

kc8K10r.png

And reminder of the first one

qo7Hj1U.png

What group could it be?

I want to hear a stadium-sized crowd getting hyped af and singing along with that chorus.

Hmmm, I really didn't like the song... like at all. I enjoyed their debut a bit and I was looking forward where they were going next... but I'm not sure about this.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yubin has had a some surprising songs. I like her stuff more than the other members. Which is weird. I hope JYPE keeps giving her promotions. SM and JYPE know how to treat their veterans. Just makes me more upset about how YG treated 2NE1. Minzy and CL should've been able to release what ever the fuck they wanted.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Feel like there are too many new girl groups doing the doe-eyed, infantilizing cute schtick again

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, I really didn't like the song... like at all. I enjoyed their debut a bit and I was looking forward where they were going next... but I'm not sure about this.

Yeah... I've gotta stop listening to music with my phone's crappy speaker. The chorus was much better when I couldn't really hear the bassline.

It's a shame. I like song in concept, with the cutesy throwaway verse subverted by a hard-hitting chorus but the execution isn't really there.

What group could it be?

China Line and Friends?

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet tickets go on sale Dec. 15 for the US tour. Get your wallets ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.