• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I think NewJeans comparisons are inevitable now that they're the biggest girl group in kpop. The same thing happened to Blackpink, where even groups that didn't really sound like them were accused of copying. I've definitely compared a few releases to NewJeans before, like Lesserafim's Perfect Night.

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
IU tickets for her US shows all sold out within like 20 minutes I'd say. Queues to even buy the tickets were like 30,000 long depending on the venue.

These tickets seem more than usual, especially for the cheapest ones. I saw STAYC last year and got high touch and sound check in VIP and that was like $235 after fees.

There hasn't been an opening act announced I think. She did have some at her Seoul shows like NewJeans, but doubt that overseas shows will get anything.

I don't think IU has any benefits for her tickets. For smaller groups their usually is like high touch and sound check.

She'll probably have merch available, which will most likely include lightsticks. Even small groups do so I would expect she will too. For an act as big as her I'd expect some exclusive merch.

That's normal price for a big act. It's about what I paid for Twice tickets. Sadly the bigger the act the less you get with the ticket. When I saw TRI.BE and Purple Kiss I got photos with the members, a group photo, hi-touch, and a fansign for less.

As far as merch, if it's anything like Twice get there early because lines will be huge and stuff will sell out.

Thanks you two.
Got my ticket for the Berlin concert and can't wait.
Price range is 180-300 Euro.
I logged in a few seconds after the tickets went online and was placed in the waiting queue at place 36000 something.
Didn't think IU would be this popular in my country.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars

Well deserved, EP is amazing, Soda is a bit..strange but all other songs are good to great, like I said in my last post, Ferris Wheel is atm my song of the year.

Girls are all extremely likeable and the entire backstory of the group is very unique; YT personality created the band from ground up, recruiting 2 streamers, one Tik Tok star and one (korean) girl that was an Idol in Japan (NMB48) for 2 years. All of them are huge otakus & talk about anime all the time (hence the Jpop sound, they're all huge fans of Oshi no Ko)
Siyeon (the former japanese Idol) is extremely weird and talks about wanting to marry and having kids all the time (which is a bit strange to hear an idol talking so openly about stuff like that). I had a lot of fun catching up on their content, since discovering them earlier this month.

Newest MV is about a love triangle between 3 girls, also not something I'm used to see in Kpop.
Plus since they're from an extremely small company with no ties to the music industry they had no opportunities to promote their music using the usual channels, which makes their success even more amazing.

Last edited:

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Agree with the earlier comments in that NewJeans and ILLIT don't have similar sounds to me. I think there's some overlap in the fandoms because they're both big groups right now.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, I don't think anyone would've batted an eyelash if NewJeans dropped Magnetic. It'd fit in with ASAP, Super Shy, and Ditto.

NJ's songs have some of those vocal effects that are heard in Magnetic's chorus. Kinda sounds like a deranged baby.

The sound isn't exact, but both groups are absolutely in the same wheelhouse. And it doesn't help that both have five members and are from the same company.

NewJeans have a stronger identity, and a mascot that's ready to slide on their haters though 🐰😂

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/hnUfgPXK-lQ?si=96xe7s21r-ri_4-h
youtu.be

YOUNG POSSE 'Scars' Dance Practice ⎮ MOVING CAM Ver.

YOUNG POSSE 'Scars' Dance Practice ⎮ MOVING CAM Ver.Bandy on my scarsI'll heal it upEven though i'mma fall from the stars작은 꿈은 늘 머리맡에Baby I'm flowing out, my...

I feel bad for these kids 'cause they get no attention, and in K-pop, idols usually only get one chance. This industry is obsessed with new faces. Can see YP disbanding in a year or two due to lack of support, and then the girls will probably just quit music.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah Young Posse definitely deserves more love. Luckily their latest MV is doing well on YouTube (28M views compared to 2M plays on Spotify), but for how creative and unique they are within the K-pop landscape, they're not really being rewarded for it atm.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI

View: https://youtu.be/hnUfgPXK-lQ?si=96xe7s21r-ri_4-h
youtu.be

YOUNG POSSE 'Scars' Dance Practice ⎮ MOVING CAM Ver.

YOUNG POSSE 'Scars' Dance Practice ⎮ MOVING CAM Ver.Bandy on my scarsI'll heal it upEven though i'mma fall from the stars작은 꿈은 늘 머리맡에Baby I'm flowing out, my...

I feel bad for these kids 'cause they get no attention, and in K-pop, idols usually only get one chance. This industry is obsessed with new faces. Can see YP disbanding in a year or two due to lack of support, and then the girls will probably just quit music.

I'm not a fan of auto tune, but this is so much better than that awful title track. Should have led with something like this.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Soda is their best song though lol.

Yeah, I already noticed that my taste differs from most of you gals and guys ^^ Be that as it may, makes me really happy that they're apparently becoming quite popular.
Oh and I also want to retract what I said earlier, that them playing instruments might be just a gimmick. After watching the vlogs they're all extremely dedicated, especially Chodan (drums) is very skilled at what she does.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I already noticed that my taste differs from most of you gals and guys ^^ Be that as it may, makes me really happy that they're apparently becoming quite popular.
Oh and I also want to retract what I said earlier, that them playing instruments might be just a gimmick. After watching the vlogs they're all extremely dedicated, especially Chodan (drums) is very skilled at what she does.

I was just playing around, I do like Soda the most I think, but the whole album is really good. It's actually a nice album to layer beside Yena, as they scratch a similar-ish music itch imo.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
I was just playing around, I do like Soda the most I think, but the whole album is really good. It's actually a nice album to layer beside Yena, as they scratch a similar-ish music itch imo.

all good ^^ Maybe their (growing) popularity will trigger some girl band hype : D And thanks for reminding me to dl the Yena EP, only heard a couple of tracks (which I liked) but didn't listen to the entire album yet (EDIT: Ah, it only has only 4 tracks that's too bad)

Last edited:

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Still playing catch up with old Idle releases and getting around to their HEAT album and actually really love it. Even though Soyeon is clearly not directly involved, it still really works. I'm also such a sucker for cinematic MVs, and I DO is probably my favorite title track by them since Oh my god. Eyes Roll is such a fun song too.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Still playing catch up with old Idle releases and getting around to their HEAT album and actually really love it. Even though Soyeon is clearly not directly involved, it still really works. I'm also such a sucker for cinematic MVs, and I DO is probably my favorite title track by them since Oh my god. Eyes Roll is such a fun song too.
Heat is really good. A large part of (G)I-DLE's appeal is the girls involvement in the production and writing, so I do feel kind of dirty that Heat is one of my favorites lol

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a sucker for girl group competition shows, specially those from Mnet. I'm already invested after I-LAND 2's first episode. The talent pool is crazy and I already have at least five picks, this is gonna be hard like always. Jeemin was the bait and I bit, now I'm in.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Would be weird for Young Posse to do a song clearly inspired by Rage and then not include Autotune which is basically foundational in rage.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

ashbash159

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh I like the new RIIZE song Impossible. Yet another song I feel will do great in UK/EU if given a chance because we love our house, garage, lots of stuff like that.

Interesting I haven't really seen shuffle type dance (I'm really not sure if this is it) incorporated into the choreo. I haven't seen that before.

I really neglect boy groups since the start of this year to the point where I was thinking there was barely anything but then others pointed out plenty of releases.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
YooA just released a 'visual clip' (meaning it's just her pretty self lip-syncing, which is fine be me) for 'Love myself', which is imho the best track on her most recent single album. Very chill, just as I like my Kpop. Unfortunately, as pretty much all songs these days, way too short.

youtu.be

유아 (YooA) 'Love Myself' VISUAL CLIP

유아 (YooA) 'Love Myself' VISUAL CLIP#오마이걸 #ohmygirl #유아 #yooa #rooftop============================================OH MY GIRL Official공식홈페이지: https://www.ohmy-...

Teaser for Solar's (Mamamoo) new song is so much not my cup of tea, I don't even want to post it. Hope the rest of the EP is completely different. Like completely completely different.

EDIT: Bonustrack
youtu.be

[MV] 마치(MRCH) - 너로부터야 [브랜딩 인 성수동 OST Part.6 (Branding in Seongsu OST Part.6)]

#브랜딩인성수동OST #마치 #MRCH #너로부터야브랜딩 인 성수동 OST Part. 6 ‘너로부터야 – 마치 (MRCH)’새로운 MZ 로맨스릴러 드라마 ‘브랜딩 인 성수동 (기획: STUDIO X+U, 제작: STUDIO X+U, STUDIO VPLUS, 공동제작: 하이그라운드 ...

Last edited:

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
So some of the leaks were right

Wonyoung wrote Blue Heart too, excited for that. Shine with me was top tier.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Heh, never seen a live k-pop performance before, so was fun to see Le Sserafim at Coachella. Didn't see the first week performance to compare but thought this one was pretty entertaining. Almost got a bit bummed out that weren't going to play 'Easy' here (song has been stuck in my head for the past month or so lol), but sure enough they got to it by the end. Good times.

Jan 13, 2020
The brouhaha around their live performance was insane. Hey guys, you know there's other things going on in the world right now? Things that are actually bad? Seriously.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
This week's LSF Coachella performance was a lot smoother, but because of that it really exposed how much bad production hurt it last week. All LSF had to do was tweak the choreo to improve vocal consistency. The microphones, however, were still too low for my liking. That said, props to whoever is responsible for the lighting. Last week we couldn't see shit for a lot of the performance. This week the girls were well lit and there was never any problem seeing what was going on.

Also, Perfect Night continues to earn its success. The crowd both weeks loved that song so much.