OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

superseohyun

Mar 23, 2019
Girls Never Die is so good.

what the hell happend to aespa's new song? I loved all their previous work but this is a hard first listen for me. That MV also didnt help at all.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
One of the few Aespa title tracks that doesn't intentionally fall apart near the end - I really enjoyed it

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/oebAcA5VTDw?si=N1NvWV6GJv6Tn9ib

youtu.be

[Teaser] 24배 독기 품고 돌아온 24인 완전체 서바이벌|배지전쟁 완전판:Girls Never Die|Badge War 2|tripleS(트리플에스)

[Teaser] 24배 독기 품고 돌아온 24인 완전체 서바이벌|배지전쟁 완전판:Girls Never Die|Badge War 2|tripleS(트리플에스)#tripleS#BadgeWar2#Girls_Never_Die#New1theKOriginal#1theK#원더케이#원더케이오리지...

The first season ended me, probably the best piece of kpop media I've ever watched. Looks like they're doubling down on the second season, it's pure chaos. I can't wait.

Probably the only piece of media as well that I'd buy as a blu-ray/physical media, it's that good.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Aespa is pretty much what I expected, too hectic for me ^^ but usually there is at least one or two songs per release that I really, really like, so looking forward to that.

View: https://youtu.be/oebAcA5VTDw?si=N1NvWV6GJv6Tn9ib

youtu.be

[Teaser] 24배 독기 품고 돌아온 24인 완전체 서바이벌|배지전쟁 완전판:Girls Never Die|Badge War 2|tripleS(트리플에스)

[Teaser] 24배 독기 품고 돌아온 24인 완전체 서바이벌|배지전쟁 완전판:Girls Never Die|Badge War 2|tripleS(트리플에스)#tripleS#BadgeWar2#Girls_Never_Die#New1theKOriginal#1theK#원더케이#원더케이오리지...

The first season ended me, probably the best piece of kpop media I've ever watched. Looks like they're doubling down on the second season, it's pure chaos. I can't wait.

Probably the only piece of media as well that I'd buy as a blu-ray/physical media, it's that good.

Ohhh nice thanks, wanted to learn all the girls names anyway, not like I have anything better to do with my time (hope my boss doesn't read this lol) Time to catch up on season 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Ador (MHJ) is now getting called out for Bubble Gum being plagiarized. It's eerily similar to a 1982 song called Easier said than done by Shakatak.

View: https://youtu.be/NRPfiAkk0YQ?si=0SbzMd3yzYP6xpRB

A Youtuber Theseoulite posted the comparasion video on X to Shakatak's official X account. They replied that they are now looking into it due to how similar it is. 250 could've just sampled the song but if he did without Shakatak's permission then they can sue for royalties. Ironically, Ador recently revealed that NJs next comeback Supernatural has samples of the ad-libs and bridge from Pharrell's 2009 Back of my mind.

View: https://twitter.com/SHAKATAK_UK/status/1789775437469565004?t=P3WvVxLzbO44V6-jbxis_w&s=19

Last edited:

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ador (MHJ) is now getting called out for Bubble Gum being plagiarized. It's eerily similar to a 1982 song called Easier said than done by Shakatak.

View: https://youtu.be/NRPfiAkk0YQ?si=0SbzMd3yzYP6xpRB

A Youtuber Theseoulite posted the comparasion video on X to Shakatak's official X account. They replied that they are now looking into it due to how similar it is. 250 could've just sampled the song but if he did without Shakatak's permission then they can sue for royalties. Ironically, Ador recently revealed that NJs next comeback Supernatural has samples of the ad-libs and bridge from Pharrell's 2009 Back of my mind.

View: https://twitter.com/SHAKATAK_UK/status/1789775437469565004?t=P3WvVxLzbO44V6-jbxis_w&s=19
It's very similar indeed, but I do think it's only a coincidence. The melody is not that unique.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

Doing that would be insane amounts of pettiness. Like Newjeans brings hella money so this is just telling shareholders sorry we don't want more money lol.

Also it's like literally sending NewJeans to the army cause that's how long men take for their time in the army in Korea. If I was a major shareholder seeing this I'd be calling up and saying wtf lol.

Oct 25, 2017
That's just more misinformation that blew up and Tokkis are going crazy with. Hybe were talking about some post MHJ stuff with the parents. They were talking about NJ having a comeback break "long vacation" after Supernatural was done. Later on, one of the Hybe reps told them they were planning to get them a grammy award winning producer. That would take maybe 1.5 years.

Somehow that got interpreted as NJ is going to take a 1.5 year hiatus. Then one of the NJ parents did an interview and went full pro MHJ. Brought up how they talked about a 1.5 year hiatus. Threw Chaewon and Sakura in the mix. Made a sly comment about Illit putting some type of food into their noodles. Bang didn't greet NJ in the elevator.

The parents have gotten involved now so we're deep in 5050 territory. They released a letter too.

Letter by parents

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
That's just more misinformation that blew up and Tokkis are going crazy with. Hybe were talking about some post MHJ stuff with the parents. They were talking about NJ having a comeback break "long vacation" after Supernatural was done. Later on, one of the Hybe reps told them they were planning to get them a grammy award winning producer. That would take maybe 1.5 years.

Somehow that got interpreted as NJ is going to take a 1.5 year hiatus. Then one of the NJ parents did an interview and went full pro MHJ. Brought up how they talked about a 1.5 year hiatus. Threw Chaewon and Sakura in the mix. Made a sly comment about Illit putting some type of food into their noodles. Bang didn't greet NJ in the elevator.

The parents have gotten involved now so we're deep in 5050 territory. They released a letter too.

Letter by parents

Why can't every involved party get into a room, make a deal and move things along? This isn't good for any of them - NewJeans, ADOR, Hybe.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Poor NewJeans. You'd think they're too big to fail, but nothing would surprise me at this point. We've already seen a few groups implode due to poor management. IMHO, all these groups are disposable to the greedy execs.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Poor NewJeans. You'd think they're too big to fail, but nothing would surprise me at this point. We've already seen a few groups implode due to poor management. IMHO, all these groups are disposable to the greedy execs.
By the time the label, the parents, artists and whoever else gets this sorted the trend might have seriously moved on. New Jeans was a breath of fresh air but KPOP moves at a breakneck pace.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Twice feeling more like a miracle with each new kpop headline.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gave aespa's new song a listen, and it's pretty good. The break is pretty amazing.

The shot with the mouths is hilarious.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Why can't every involved party get into a room, make a deal and move things along? This isn't good for any of them - NewJeans, ADOR, Hybe.

Yeah I don't really get it either. I always thought that if there's something that's important to rich people/companies it's making more money. Sure if they can they'll try to make everyone's life as miserable as possible while they're at it but still, at the end of the day that's the goal.

And even if the rumors are true, and their CEO 'hates' them for some petty reason, they did make him a fortune, and as far as I can tell that's even more important to rich people than being 'right'. Not that I know any CEO types personally ^^

Still positive this won't end like 50/50, because, no offense, they were a one hit wonder (at that time) and the girls themselves were heavily involved due to misinformation from other parties. But what humanity said is also very true; so who knows.

By the time the label, the parents, artists and whoever else gets this sorted the trend might have seriously moved on. New Jeans was a breath of fresh air but KPOP moves at a breakneck pace.

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
How hard is it for people involved in this NewJeans situation to not run their mouths about other women and girls in HYBE? That shit is indefensible.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
NJ going to end up leaving HYBE after the contract is up to try their own thing with MHJ under a new name which will end up hurting them as they can't sell NJ as the BTS sister group in the west anymore.

Since HYBE already has ILLIT as a replacement ready they're probably going to end up being as petty as possible if they think the bridge with NJ has burned.

Atleast we can always rely on twice to deliver us some bangers <3

Oct 25, 2017
Ador VP sold shares a week before the audit. So will insider trading be added to the charges. Ador response was VP was planning to buy a house.

Ador VP sells shares

SEOUL, May 14 (Yonhap) -- A vice president at ADOR, a sublabel of the K-pop powerhouse Hybe, divested all of his shares in Hybe a week prior to the parent company initiating an audit, sources said Tuesday.

According to the sources, the unnamed vice president sold 950 Hybe shares for 203.8 million won (US$148,900) on April 15, one week before Hybe launched the audit into ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin. The audit was initiated due to allegations that she was attempting to separate from Hybe and take the highly popular girl group NewJeans with her.

Hybe claimed the vice president's early sale of shares suggested he foresaw a decline in Hybe's stock price amid escalating tensions between Hybe and Min. Hybe's stock experienced a significant drop as the dispute between the two sides unfolded publicly.

Hybe said it planned to lodge a complaint with the Financial Supervisory Service, urging an investigation into the vice president for purported violations of securities regulations, such as spreading rumors and exploiting undisclosed information.

Min's side vehemently refuted the accusation, asserting that it would have been impossible to anticipate the audit in advance.

On April 25, three days after the audit, Min held a press conference to claim that she never tried to sever ties with the parent company. She pointed to the ownership structure, with Hybe holding an 80 percent stake in ADOR, as proof that such actions were implausible.

She also said the audit could have been triggered by her internal "whistleblowing" and revealed ongoing disagreements between her and Hybe's management regarding the shareholders' agreement.

In other news, Yunah reads out the good comments while Wonhee is reporting bad comments on her phone to the side.

View: https://twitter.com/parkistp/status/1790326452896047216?t=BlaIukxW5qTongY7EBdIMw&s=19

Last edited:

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
youtu.be

ITZY「Algorhythm」Music Video

ITZY JAPAN 3rd Single『Algorhythm 』2024.5.15 ReleaseITZY「Algorhythm」Music Video#Algorhythm #ITZY_Algorhythm---------------------------------------------------...

This is nice, super melodic, good chorus (at least better than cakecakecakecake), could do without the break right before the end but at least it's super short. Too bad Lia is still absent.