• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason Toho told them to try to emulate the Mechagodzilla from the Heisei poster.

godzilla_vs_mechagodzilla_ii.jpg

My only problem with the final design is it's more of a Robot Godzilla than a "Mecha" version of him.
I'm not gonna lie. This is my favorite design of MG ever. It's always made me salty that the Heisei MG looked nothing like this.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, Alien MechaGodzilla would be a welcoming return since OG MechaGodzilla is still the best looking one

hqdefault.jpg

Hey, that's my favorite too! Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla is one of my favorites.

Real talk though, based on the trailers Monarch has a big ass submarine and I'm guessing Charles Dance's group has the big hover-wing airship. They've got technology way above ours so... yeah, it's not gonna happen but I wants it.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
So I want that ghidorah pretty bad. I missed the preorder but I see Godzilla preorders are still up and around $50... Should I cop and try to resell to help me get the ghidorah? Or is price inflation minimal at release?

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Managed to catch a screening of Destroy All Monsters at the local indie cinema last week and really enjoyed it.
I was sure I'd seen it before but definitely not!

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
New poster for KOTM.

nt67q44wp1t21.jpg

I think the final trailer is probably coming real soon. The Facebook/Twitter pages just got updated with new material, last time that happened we got a trailer.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on when tickets go up for sale? I'm definately going Dolby for this.

Has to be real soon. Detective Pikachu tickets went on sale like two weeks ago and that's a May 10th release for Warner Bros. I'll also be going for Dolby Cinema opening night, then ordering 20 tickets (well some of them) for a Regal RPX showing on that Saturday, which is my birthday. If this movie is as good as I think it'll be i'll probably see it 5+ times in theaters, I mean I saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 7 times in theaters, with different people each time. As much as a liked Fallen Kingdom I think there's a good chance this one will be a lot more rewatch able.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You'll need an HBO GO login to view it, but it'll certainly be on Youtube in a few minutes...

It's the footage that was shown recently so... there are some spoilers.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that the HBO footage appears to just be the IMAX trailer. There was also a 2 minute trailer that was just rated the other day, wonder when that will appear... unless the HBO footage is just an exclusive HBO Now thing and the third trailer is still actually appearing tonight before Game of Thrones.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that the HBO footage appears to just be the IMAX trailer. There was also a 2 minute trailer that was just rated the other day, wonder when that will appear... unless the HBO footage is just an exclusive HBO Now thing and the third trailer is still actually appearing tonight before Game of Thrones.

Warner Brothers owns HBO and WB is distributing this movie so it's likely just extra promotion for the movie.

Oct 25, 2017
You know with Toho trying to expand the brand again . I'd really like to see a modern take on Godzilla the Series or a Godzilla television show.

Back in the day Godzilla The Series got good ratings and lasted a year after 1998 despite being based a crappy movie before it got killed by the Digimon and Pokemon wars. I'd love to see another animated series whether it's CGI or 2D on Netflix or something.

The anime movies don't count.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When the fuck are tickets going on sale for this damn it. I'm guessing next Monday after the Endgame bubble finally lets out some air.

Also this wasn't shot in imax right? Thinking I was gonna do Dolby for my first showing.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Still no tickets up, but a Mothra steelbooks of all things is up for preorder...
https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/new-mothra-steelbook-blu-ray
However, the site mentions that it comes with both languages, but both Amazon and the Mill Creek site only list "english".

Mothra_2_1.jpg

Mothra_2_2.jpg
Mothra_2_3.jpg
Ooh, that looks great!
Still haven't gotten around to watching that film since all I could ever find in terms of streaming was the dubbed version, some services (I think google play?) even had incorrect info claiming they had the japanese audio. Fingers crossed that this one will have both.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I already got my local copy of that Steel and tbh I was pretty disappointed by the movie.
Interesting. Did you like Godzilla vs Mothra, the 60s one?
I'm not expecting it to be great tbh, it's more for completion's sake since I like Mothra a lot. And I was pleasantly surprised by the Rodan film (the solo one), even though it's weird as fuck.
Plus I believe they reference and show footage of the original Mothra film in Tokyo SOS but I might be misremembering.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Interesting. Did you like Godzilla vs Mothra, the 60s one?
Havent seen that one yet, no HD release in my region so far. I guess this will change sooner then later with all these movies coming up.

Plus I believe they reference and show footage of the original Mothra film in Tokyo SOS but I might be misremembering.
Yeah, when they talk about the TAZER.

Just curious, are you on Letterboxd?

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Havent seen that one yet, no HD release in my region so far. I guess this will change sooner then later with all these movies coming up.

Yeah, when they talk about the TAZER.

Just curious, are you on Letterboxd?
Godzilla vs Mothra is super charming. It has a weird 60s spy movie vibe.

I'm not on Letterboxd, no. I should be but I've been keeping track of all the movies I watch on this one document for like a decade plus now and transferring all of that info to something else would take me days, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, that looks great!
Still haven't gotten around to watching that film since all I could ever find in terms of streaming was the dubbed version, some services (I think google play?) even had incorrect info claiming they had the japanese audio. Fingers crossed that this one will have both.
Pretty insane that Mothra gets the Steelbook treatment before Godzilla. From what I've heard on Reddit though from an industry insider is that Criterion was waiting to get all the rights to the Showa Godzilla movies and have now started development on the box set now.

So that's a plus and I imagine we'll get it around Godzilla vs. Kong next year.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I already got my local copy of that Steel and tbh I was pretty disappointed by the movie.

Did it have both languages? Bluray.com says that it has 1 disc per language?

I remember watching this dubbed on Hulu a few years back, when I marathoned all the Gojira through there and Crackle. Well, except for a few of them. I think I remember prefering the Rodan movie a bit more, and felt like they actually did a legit translation/dubbing job!

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm not on Letterboxd, no. I should be but I've been keeping track of all the movies I watch on this one document for like a decade plus now and transferring all of that info to something else would take me days, lol.
I also didnt go back to years ago, I just started the account and rolled with it :D

Did it have both languages? Bluray.com says that it has 1 disc per language?

I remember watching this dubbed on Hulu a few years back, when I marathoned all the Gojira through there and Crackle. Well, except for a few of them. I think I remember prefering the Rodan movie a bit more, and felt like they actually did a legit translation/dubbing job!
I think its german and english only -> Its not exactly that version, I had a brain fuck going on.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
:o I hope since it's the last track, that it's not just a secondary end credit song (or unused...)

It's lumped in at the end with "Ghidorah's Theme" so I think both are probably each one's theme from the film itself without the need for pauses / changes depending on the on-screen action? I dunno.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
KotM: Out in 3 weeks... no tickets up...
Spider-Man: Out in 2 months... tickets up!

Boo :(

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently my local AMC is playing Rocketman on their Dolby Cinema screen instead of Godzilla... IMAX it is.