• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to pick it up but it's not bullshit hard is it? I heard it's one hit death.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Good to hear.

Game of the year so far for me.

Saw it steadily climbing the eshop charts and was happy to see it in the top 3 tonight (Canada).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Very impressive considering how busy April is on the eShop.....so many releases.

Congrats to the devs and DD.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Sitting comfortably at #2 on the US eShop. Cuphead is #1 and Mortal Kombat at #3.

Katana Zero is really good. Cool gameplay, solid soundtrack, and interesting story. Glad to see it do well. The developers expressed some concern to me when I chatted with them at PAX. They were worried Cuphead might overshadow it.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
I felt bad that I bought Cuphead a second time and not Katana Zero, so this is good news. It played fantastic at Pax East

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I want to pick it up but it's not bullshit hard is it? I heard it's one hit death.
It's more of a puzzle thing than anything else. Basically, your movement is a plan for what you'll do.

It gets better, as it's used for surprises and the like. Then, afterward, you normally view a replay of what happens. You can slow time, deflect bullets, and most stuff dies in one hit anyway. It's really good.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very well deserved, really good job by the dev and it speaks highly of Devolver as a publisher

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
As a HUGE fan of Devolver Digital, how the FUCK have I never heard of this game? I'll totally buy this on Switch. I just watched half of the launch trailer and I don't even know what kind of game it is, but looks great. Gonna watch a review or two first though.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
This game is really doing wonders for my slick samurai one-hit-kill by the razor's edge itch.

Can't wait for more.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
As a HUGE fan of Devolver Digital, how the FUCK have I never heard of this game? I'll totally buy this on Switch. I just watched half of the launch trailer and I don't even know what kind of game it is, but looks great. Gonna watch a review or two first though.

It was on the recent Indie Direct.

I started playing it last night. Much different than I thought it was, more story-based than the trailer suggested IMO. Very interesting game idea so far in the game.

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably going to be my game of the year. Gameplay is great but the story was what got me.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
This seems really cool, fuck the Australian classification board for banning this.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
On my list to buy, looks absolute crazy good.

As for sales, we know ETG sold 75k in it's first two weeks so that's the high bar.. do we have any other numbers for Switch devolver games?

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Good to hear, I was really worried this would get completely overlooked. I bought it day one and I'm so glad I did.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here I was entering 2019 thinking my GOTY was either going to be KH3, DMC5 or Sekiro.

Nope.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Was holding off because just from recent Switch purchases I'm working through FFX, Monster Hunter, Monster Boy and Cuphead with Ace Attorney, Ys VIII and Megaman on the bench.

Hear this is short though and having recently finished INSIDE I'm definitely down for another short and sweet experience. Glad it's doing well and will pick it up this evening.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat it on pc. Sound track is godlike. I recommend it for Hotline Miami veterans as well. It does get pretty challenging a lot later than Miami though. You will think you are overpowered in the beginning. Miami starts out harder earlier.

Tracks like this will sound very familiar to miami vets:

Last edited:

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
This is a really good title. I was expecting good combat from the trailer, and it surprised me with the story as well.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Firmly in my #2 spot between Sekiro and Re2make for the year so far so this is well deserved. I was worried Cuphead might have too big of an impact on it.

Oct 27, 2017
To get that into perspective I would need to know what the best selling one is.

EDIT: Forget it, I'm dumb.

Last edited:

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat it on pc. Sound track is godlike. I recommend it for Hotline Miami veterans as well. It does get pretty challenging a lot later than Miami though. You will think you are overpowered in the beginning. Miami starts out harder earlier.

Tracks like this will sound very familiar to miami vets:

The soundtrack speaks to my soul.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Finished it yesterday and I loved it, I couldn't get into Messenger, Celeste and Dead Cell, I abandoned them all...but god I loved Katana Zero on Switch, can't wait for the new content