• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea. I think the story element is overlooked. There are dialog choices that feel really liquid and dynamic. Even if some of them have the same outcome, the characters often remember what you said prior when you run into them again. An example of this is when you dont flinch when facing a certain character. They will mention it when you see them again. It is nice to have a game acknowledge that. There is a lot of time-based dialog choices which fits well with the theme of the game. It is funny because you can tell people to "shut the fuck up" and it makes a glass breaking sound when you interrupt them. I did this a few times because one character made me mad. I didn't even want him to speak.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
YfqGo9T.gif

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Releasing right by cuphead was unfortunate timing, but I'll definitely get around to this one eventually

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic game and I highly recommend it. If you're a pixel art fanboy especially.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Just beat it on pc. Sound track is godlike. I recommend it for Hotline Miami veterans as well. It does get pretty challenging a lot later than Miami though. You will think you are overpowered in the beginning. Miami starts out harder earlier.

Tracks like this will sound very familiar to miami vets:

wew you've done the best job selling me on this lol

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Loved the game. I hope for some dlc missions. The music was amazing too. I wish they would expand on the replay system so we can speed and slow up the playback.

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay is really cool and the story is too.
Issue I had was with anxiety about story choices, always want the best experience but feel bad trying to figure out which would be best.

Apparently choices don't matter much? So if you pick it up, keep that in mind

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Drugs are heavily involved in the plot / setting, so that most likely.

I dunno. Drugs etc are in many other switch games as well. non of them banned in australia

Hell, in "Garage" (fantastic underrated game btw!) you actually are a drug dealer wrecking havoc (in good way). Not only that, you also (have to) take actively drugs (LSD afair) during the game which is trippy, to say at least, as hell. you can't proceed if you do not take the drugs btw lol

Apr 21, 2018
I dunno. Drugs etc are in many other switch games as well. non of them banned in australia

Hell, in "Garage" (fantastic underrated game btw!) you actually are a drug dealer wrecking havoc (in good way). Not only that, you also (have to) take actively drugs (LSD afair) during the game which is trippy, to say at least, as hell. you can't proceed if you do not take the drugs btw lol

Maybe a bit OT but Garage is actually good? I was looking forward to it a lot but saw some bad reviews and stayed away.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
A lot has been said about the so called "juice", how a game's moment to moment gameplay feels.

Well guess what? This game's is downright impeccable. It just feels so good to play, especially in moments where you manage to overcome a hairy situation with frugal use of slow-mo.

Indeed, it's very much possible to play this without slow-mo. Feats like deflecting bullets are quite possible in real time, albeit tricky.