• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who will they add first in the game? Sora or Katy Perry?

(This is a weird question)

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
J9AUAAP.png

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Similar to how people worry about kids thinking a dance is a fortnite dance while ignoring all the history, I hope someday kids think Katy Perry is "that Final Fantasy character".

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Final Fantasy is so fucking weird. The entire franchise has descended into this unsalvageable fuckery that saddens me when I think about the older mainline games. Ah well, here's hoping ridiculous shit like this fills Square's coffers enough to encourage them to greenlight "normal" games as well.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Why?
Does she like Final Fantasy?
If not then this just makes this a shitty corporate cash grab.
By all means collab with celebs but pick someone who actually cares about the IP.

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
I've never touched the game but Ariana and Katy being in there cracks me up (along with the Stella joke). The song is nice too.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Why would you assume she doesn't like FF

I guess video games just still feel like a niche thing to me. Even though it's a lot more mainstream then it was over 10 years ago. I don't imagine a lot of celebrities playing video games. Which is honestly why it's pretty cool when you have huge popular artists like Nicky Minaj saying she likes anime and other similar nerdy hobbies.
Lady Gaga playing Bayonetta is also pretty cool.

I guess there's just this unconscious bias left over. I remember getting shit for just looking at gaming magazines in a grocery store from kids older than me. That was like mid 2000s so not that long ago.

So yeah I'm not trying to gatekeep or saying people have to prove they like video games. As long as Katey is part of this collab because she likes FF and wants to be there that's super cool.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As stupid as this is conceptually, Katy basically dresses like a JRPG character most of the time anyway, so whatever. Let's welcome chaos.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't trying to be. If that was edgy to you then... Well, I can't think of much more than a rather embarassingly... dull list of jokes at your expense, so I'm just gonna stop there without getting too... blunt about it.
Waving off popstars to then list the edgiest singer of all time is exactly what edgy is, yes. Also lol at that weird threat