• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Gee. Makes you wonder why women won't come forward when it comes to sexual assault.

It's really fucked up what is happening to her. Whether you believed her or not, in the end, they got their precious judge in the highest court in the country. Maybe these lunatics should go back to concentrating on their own lives instead of harassing hers after they got what they wanted.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
She tried .... sadly this will keep others away from speaking their truth. She showed a lot of courage and unfortunately trust in the system.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect she will have to endure it for her lifetime.
Similar to Sandy Hook parents, you will not escape crazies.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope her courage and sacrifice don't go in vain. Is it possible for the congress to investigate a sitting supreme court justice? It's sad that we sped through the accusations against Kavanaugh without properly investigating them.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Then you've read wrong and are conflating Ford with another woman who came forward who later admitted to inventing her claims (and that other woman wasn't one of the several who made public accusations, and no-one seems to have put any weight on her false claims, except Grassley who is now holding her up as a false accuser and attempting to conflate her with the other more credible accusers - successfully, apparently, given that you've mixed the two up)
Thanks for the clarification, I haven't been following any of this stuff since the hearing and it looks like I misunderstood what I read. But yeah, I'd say it was successful. Your average Trumper can't/won't tell the difference between accusers.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I've read that the White House's recently released report on her case claims that she admitted to making the claims up later, so I can see that contributing to an increase in threats by MAGA chuds

Your cursory knowledge of the situation is precisely what the WH was counting on when they brought this to light. It was an obvious ploy to get lesser informed people to conflate the author of the anonymous letter with Dr. Ford and the other accusers.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to hear my mom continue ranting about his accusers being liars/frauds.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
People who think women publicly accusing powerful men are doing it for the attention or money should see what the victims have to go through like here, it seems like hell.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
And she will for the rest of her days. Such is the nightmarish hellscape we live in.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Not unexpected. Still don't know what we could do about it even if overnight we held both branches after the fact.

I'm talking about the sexism in general. It is possible for the FBI to trace these threats so we could indict them.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
She did something courageous but very risky and now people need to protect her from these threats. I hope she can consider going abroad for a while.