• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
The more I hear about this game the less I'm interested and I have no idea why. I had zero hype for RDR2 and I ended up loving the game so we never know.

it's because aside from the novelty of the character being Keanu, Johnny Silverhand is kinda lame and not that interesting. should have kept him in the 2020 tabletop. 2077 should have only had original characters, now there is a chance this turns out to be like the Star Wars ST. we also haven't seen a single female companion. where is the triss/yen equivalent in cyberpunk?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the world be better off for it, everyone deserves more Keanu

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Intrigued to see how this goes. Keanu is great but it's not really because of his vocal acting. It's other aspects of acting he brings (body language, commitment). Him carrying a performance as central as this based mostly on voice is going to be tough.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
z0dhhr5nnn231.png
Not only Sakurai needs to rest!

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
You can pick a "role model" out of three (so far) options when creating your character, apparently. And Johnny Silverhand is one of them. So people assumed "well, maybe if I pick one of the other options, it'll be that person guiding me through the game". Could still be the case, but who knows.

They've, currently anyway, scrapped that. There's no role model options anymore.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Him carrying a performance as central as this based mostly on voice is going to be tough.
He's said hes done some mocap as well. How much? No idea but according to an interview CDPR were really open to his interpretation of the character and asked him to really get into him with facial capture and mocap.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Either CDPR spent a pretty penny on him, or he genuinely did it because he was interested. Older actors do that sometimes because time is really their most precious commodity, unless you're Nic Cage and have a shopping addiction.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Keanu, what you doing?
Hey Keanu, what does this mean?
Hey Keanu, want to get some noodles?
Hey Keanu, cat or dog?

Come on Keanu, let's get hell outta here.

Keanu "My name is Neeeoo!"

Okay Johnny Bronze Hand.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like keanu but in general i am not much of a fan of these star insertions. putting him so front and center, eh i dunno. i wanna play a game and lose myself in it and not "hey its the john wick guy again" all the time

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
And to think that Keanu probably isn't the only celebrity in the game! Recall when speculation that Lady Gaga was going to be in 2077 and people scoffed? Keanu's involvement makes Gaga's participation legitimately plausible.