• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they are using Unreal Engine 4, you can spot Unreal Editor's UI in the video.

image.png

Last edited:

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Was dreaming about silent hill rumors and fantasizing about Gravity Rush 3 and now I'm made a fool ;-;

Best of luck to them tho, everything Toyama has been involved with has been great.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO the Silent Hill rumor never made ANY SENSE and continues to make none.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
That 20th anniversary twitter from Ape Escape is literally what it is - a twitter celebrating 20th anniversary of Ape Escape. Once a full year's anniversary is over, the twitter account finished its purpose.

Anyway, back to this news , according to Dengeki:
- company was set up back in August
- already working on its first title

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interest in Sony's first party studios keep dwindling for me. Keiichiro Toyama's games were definitely rough around the edges, but they were still cool overall and provided some good diversity in Sony's portfolio.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Toyama is by no means the reason I bought a PS5, but it was one of nice positives for me, especially as I don't really care for the western developed Sony output.
It kinda sucks that Sony doesn't put much value in their JP studios as that's what I vastly prefer.

Good for Toyama and co. though. Wishing them the best with their new studio!

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
First Bend now Sony Japan damn. Cleaning the top but keeping the studio.

Not having another GR title hurts. I wish they put White Suit Kat up for download I never got that and still evaded me :(

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This legit sucks. If he's happy though, I'm happy for him. So that's now Team Ico & Team Gravity gone. Just Team Asobi left as the last major group within Japan Studio now?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
These guys do good work. They have made some entertaining games over the years. Also, Gravity Rush 2 was, shot for shot, as good as Breath of the Wild (with a more entertaining story mode). It had a lot of the same strengths and a lot of the same weaknesses (bad stealth missions comes to mind). It was also totally underrated.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm really not seeing how this kills SH rumors.
I'll give it till the awards to see what's up.
Japan Studio has a ton of employees, it's just terribly managed. Outside of Asobi their output has been super disappointing for a long time. Hell, even GR2 was a lot worse than the first game.
What? Puppeteer, Bloodborne, last guardian, Both Astro games and now Demon's. Their output has been amazing and not many other studios can say they had their hands on these tiers of games.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Japan Studio has a ton of employees, it's just terribly managed. Outside of Asobi their output has been super disappointing for a long time. Hell, even GR2 was a lot worse than the first game.

Just going to say. I agree about GR2.

You could kinda tell dude was done with GR by the end of it and wanted to make something else instead.
1 is so much better.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

What? Puppeteer, Bloodborne, last guardian, Both Astro games and now Demon's. Their output has been amazing and not many other studios can say they had their hands on these tiers of games.

Don't forgot PlayStation mascot Knack.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017

Bloodborne, TLG, and Demon's were all collaboration projects with them on on a supervisory role. Other teams did the core dev work. The Astro games and GR1 are the only things I've enjoyed that were fully developed by them in the past decade.

DemoKev

Jun 3, 2020
Lol smdh Sony ALL WE WANTED WAS A BIG BUDGET JRPG FROM YALL IS THAT REALLY HARD!!!!!! Why are you letting talent like this leave but keeping NEIL!!! lol Damn it man. Now how's the silent hills rumor going to make sense now?!? Who's going to do it now Sony??? Smh

Oct 27, 2017
If anything this makes a new Toyama IP more likely.

Why is the tone of this thread as if these people died, they're still making games.... If anything it seems like an opportunity for a fresh start for them.
Toyama deserves the best and I am sure he will do well.

The thing is that Japan Studio itself are what I am not positive on. I wanted to see them do Gravity Rush 3 or Siren or something. Right now all they do is help other Sony studios (apart from Astro team).

I miss the days of the PSP where they made so much amazing stuff constantly.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
:(((((((

I wish them the best regardless. I hope they continue to make inventive games

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Lol smdh Sony ALL WE WANTED WAS A BIG BUDGET JRPG FROM YALL IS THAT REALLY HARD!!!!!! Why are you letting talent like this leave but keeping NEIL!!! lol Damn it man. Now how's the silent hills rumor going to make sense now?!? Who's going to do it now Sony??? Smh

what did I just read