Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
México
If you guys only knew Church's Chicken.

KFC and Popeye's are straight up garbage compared to Church's Chicken. Not only the chicken, but they also have the best biscuits, mashed potatoes and coleslaw in the industry (chain restaurant).

If you haven't tried it, do it today, and stop being a commoner.

NNDCLKp.jpg

lx02Xjx.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Better than Popeyes?

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Again, that chicken comment is all sorts of wrong.

Their biscuits tho are way better.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I love Churches chicken but it's not better than Popeyes only because most Churches restaurants are rundown dumps. It's is better than KFC though:

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
How in the fuck is churches dry ass chicken better than Popeyes???

Ban OP

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Chicken
Popeye>>>church's=>KFC
Mashed potatoes
Popeye>>>church's>>>KFC
Biscuits
Popeye=>church's>>>>>>>>>>>>>KFC dry af biscuits
Fries
Popeye>church's>>>>>>>>>>>>KFC

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
I mean it's better than kfc but that's not really a high bar to cross... Their biscuits are good tho

devious.one

Oct 25, 2017
Largely location based. I used to be like you OP, when I lived in Los Angeles I thought Churches was the best of the best in fast food chicken. Now that I'm down south... nope. Popeyes dominates everything around me and I live within 10 minutes of Popeyes, Churches and KFC.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I though necromancy was illegal but it seems SOMEBODY revived the great evil because how can you say that? I mean come on... We live in a society.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My wife and I were curious and ate some Church's Chicken about a year ago, and it was absolutely the worst fried chicken we've ever had. There was no flavour to the coating, and the chicken itself was saturated with scalding hot grease.

We've got KFC and Popeye's nearby, and a wonderful hole in the wall fried chicken place. Church's is officially on our no-go list.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Raves about Church's chicken and only posts pics of the sides.

Church's is bland stuff. I liked it until I had Popeyes.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Eww, you mean "Overly Greasy Chicken"? Church's Chicken's is one of the most tasteless, flavorless fried chicken joints I've ever tasted, and leaves a coating of grease in your mouth, it's so gross. Also, not a fan of the honey biscuits (though, I'm not a fan of honey in general).

For me, Popeyes and KFC better than Church's, but I also loved Pioneer Chicken. Anybody on the West coast remember them? There's, like, 2 in existence now after the majority of the restaurants closed.

真棒!

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
not a fan of their biscuits or any of their sides honestly. Chicken was alright there.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Pioneer Chicken. The only restaurant that has left an impression that has lasted 20+ years since my last meal there. Every time i have had fried chicken since its never been as good.

JwHU3Kc.jpg

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys only knew Church's Chicken.

KFC and Popeye's are straight up garbage compared to Church's Chicken. Not only the chicken, but they also have the best biscuits, mashed potatoes and coleslaw in the industry (chain restaurant).

If you haven't tried it, do it today, and stop being a commoner.

NNDCLKp.jpg

lx02Xjx.jpg

Church's was the shit 30 years ago but it's pretty much garbage now. Still better than KFC? probably. Better than Popeyes? Hell to the naw.

Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes is freaking disgusting. Last time I bought from there, the entire container was covered in grease, they forgot my red beans and rice, and the chicken was cold.

Oh and they forgot my buffalo sauce!

Chick-fil-a is better (through I don't go there anymore because of other reasons).

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
Had Church's for the first time in a while over the holidays after being told it was Popeye's. I was like, damn, this is some terrible Popeye's wtf. Then I was told by the host (my sister-in-law) oops, it was Church's. Disappointed.gif.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes is the fucking worst.

I was gonna ask how Chicken Shack compares since I still haven't bothered to go there, but I guess it's only a MI thing.
Never knew that.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am not going to get shot for subpar chicken. Every Church's has a dude out front that will sell you bootleg movies and natural oils

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had churches once as a young kid and didn't think it was anything special, so the thread title is a lie.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best mashed potatoes? yes
Best biscuits? yes
Best chicken? no

It also all depends on the location, you have to find the nice/clean well run Churches for the chicken to be decent.

I would rank those 3 as Popeyes>>>>Churches>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KFC.

Emmz

Oct 28, 2017
All the fast food fried chicken joints are kinda shit. I just don't think it's a type of food that lends itself well to not being cooked and eaten very fresh. Greasy foods like that turn... nasty when they sit for too long under a heater.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the fast food fried chicken joints are kinda shit. I just don't think it's a type of food that lends itself well to not being cooked and eaten very fresh. Greasy foods like that turn... nasty when they sit for too long under a heater.

This is also true, even within the same chain it varies by individual restaurants, some are definitely better run than others.

Fried chicken is always best when its just been cooked and not cooked in oil thats been used too many times. This is obviously hard for any restaurant and some definitely have better standards than others when it comes to that.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Most places are better than KFC, that's not hard to do. Popeyes is definitely better than Church's though.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Churches is pretty good. Their biscuits are amazing. I would rather have popeyes chicken however but Churches has the best sides. I don't find Popeyees sides good at all but like I said, their chicken is great. KFC is just terrible all around.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Popeyes sides are great. Gimme that Dirty Rice.

Zaxby's is the best. Canes is next. Church's, Popeyes and KFC are all same tier.

Don't @me.

Status
Not open for further replies.