Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Pioneer Chicken. The only restaurant that has left an impression that has lasted 20+ years since my last meal there. Every time i have had fried chicken since its never been as good.

JwHU3Kc.jpg

Came here to post this. RIP Pioneer. I know there's still one in LA but it's not the same.

There was a guy I went to school with who (not sure if jokingly) thought Church's chicken was some kind of conspiracy because it was dirt cheap and basically centralized in the poorer parts of LA. Like the government trying to poison people kind of stuff.

Aug 1, 2018
Man, Church's chicken is garbage. Shit's greasy as fuck, but they got some of the best biscuits in the fast food game.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Churches was owned and operated by Al Copeland who also created Popeye's. Churches back in the day would at least compete with Popeye's because Copeland sold Popeye's and wanted to keep Churches in contention. It was never as good as Popeye's though even when he ran it. Those biscuits though

Thankfully I live in Nola where we have Willie Mae's scotch house home of the best fried chicken in the country

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm extremely sorry for bumping up this thread and I hope it doesn't get locked up.

So, a few months ago, a KFC opened very near my house (like 5 minutes distance in car). Well, shit. Color me impressed. I don't know if it is because the employees and management are still new, or the equipment is still brand new, but the chicken is actually pretty good.

Sure, the mashed potatoes and biscuits are still trash, but the actually chicken is actually quite good. Heck, I think the perfect combination would be KFC chicken + Church's side orders.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
OP how are you going to bump the thread with an even more wrong opinion?

We gotta get you on chicken therapy.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I'm extremely sorry for bumping up this thread and I hope it doesn't get locked up.

So, a few months ago, a KFC opened very near my house (like 5 minutes distance in car). Well, shit. Color me impressed. I don't know if it is because the employees and management are still new, or the equipment is still brand new, but the chicken is actually pretty good.

Sure, the mashed potatoes and biscuits are still trash, but the actually chicken is actually quite good. Heck, I think the perfect combination would be KFC chicken + Church's side orders.
Your avatar suits you. You really are the King Dice of fast food chicken taste

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017

KFC tho?? I mean I hear it's better outside of the states, but if it's in the states I'd pass and just get something else

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
Like I said, it's probably because this particular location is still brand new (just a couple of months old).

I wouldn't go to the other KFC location in my city on my own.
Could be. Some places have a strong start and then dip back to the medium or below it or it's a anomaly which in that case if you enjoy it I say go for it!

For me I usually go to my gas station because they make some fantastic broasted fried chicken, gizzards, and pigs feet.

Ribs

Dec 10, 2017
Church's is what KFC should've been. Spicy Popeyes chicken still beats both in flavor though. Plain popeyes is nothing special tbh.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
have church's in my city but have never been. Only location I know of is distance away and it's a questionable spot as far as crime goes. I like fries chicken so it's probably solid

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I was looking through the first page and skimming this last page and thinking "I like how absolutely no one is defending KFC", but then I saw OP's bump. FOR SHAME!

To be fair, I like basically everything KFC serves, EXCEPT their chicken. I honestly can't imagine chicken tasting worse than KFC chicken. Hell, give a student chef some chicken and spices and there's a 99% chance that they'll cook up something better than KFC. That's how bad I think it is.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Not to me. Chicken taste like it's cooked in old grease. A little salty and not much crunch.

If I'm getting chicken it's Bojangles, Pollards, or Popeyes.

Oct 28, 2017
So, the chicken wars started from a wayward ERA post in a pre covid world.

As for the topic at hand, honestly they are all pretty close but Popeyes has the 11 piece dark and spicy for $9.99 and that deal can't be beat.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
bumping a two year old thread to double down on a terrible opinion. i dig it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys only knew Church's Chicken.

KFC and Popeye's are straight up garbage compared to Church's Chicken. Not only the chicken, but they also have the best biscuits, mashed potatoes and coleslaw in the industry (chain restaurant).

If you haven't tried it, do it today, and stop being a commoner.

NNDCLKp.jpg

lx02Xjx.jpg
"Stop being a commoner"
My man have you SEEN where every Church's Chicken restaurant is at lately up in Michigan? Id rather not get shot in Detroit.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Churches has better biscuits. But their chicken is far to inconsistent depending on location. Sometimes you will get terrible chicken, other times it will be pretty damn great and sit besides Popeyes. But Popeyes is way more consistent, and while its biscuits aren't as good IMO, the cajun fries or whatever are incredible. So theres sort of no reason to go to Churches over Popeyes unless every Popeyes near you is Waffle House levels of Dangerous after dark.

In that case, I understand.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017

I think you need to find a good KFC or something. Yeah, I've had varying quality in KFC chicken before too.

Still, I prefer KFC and Popeyes over Church's. Though I might say I prefer Church's over Chic-fil-A. I've said this in another thread, I finally got around to trying it and I really, REALLY am not impressed with THAT chicken. Politics aside, just don't like the taste at all.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
I think in this thread we find out that location/who is making the food affects its quality. Also post some perpetual socio economic non sense steeped in racism.

Also I agree with the OPs original assessment before he flip flopped.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
You gotta go to the one's in the hood. If it aint got bars on the windows and the employees behind glass you aint at the right one.

I be wanting some Church's for a minute but the one closest to me been closed for "renovations" for like a year now :(

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
If you prefer Church's that's fine, but don't ever group KFC and Popeye's together as if they're the same tier haha

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
Heaven Sent > All

Created by the Founder of Ezell's Chicken, which was the goat before that. Oprah used to fly this chicken out to Chicago from Seattle.
Hell yeah, the spicy tendies there were the best.

Popeye's, KFC, Churches are all ass. Last time at each of those places had half breaded chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.