• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Well...that puts an end to a possible new Killzone game

While this change doesn't affect the online multiplayer modes, player statistics or ranking data for KILLZONE MERCENARY and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL, it is now no longer possible to create or manage clans in KILLZONE SHADOW FALL. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you to Killzone.com's many fans and visitors throughout the years for their enthusiasm and support.

Sincerely,

Guerrilla

Sounds like a goodbye to me tbh.
Wouldn't be surprised if servers are turned off for these titles in the next year or so.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
49665.jpg

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's it then, was never fond of the series anyway so not much lost.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Killzone should stay dead, it had enough chances and never really went mainstream.

But Sony should make a new FPS. Or reboot the Resistance (after releasing Resistance 3 Remake).

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I adore the tone and aesthetic of Killzone but my attachment to the series is basically zero. Killzone 2 oozed mood and tone but I never liked it even remotely as much as everyone else (missed the multiplayer wagon). Mercenaries is I think the only one I really, really enjoyed and sunk a lot of time into. Shadow Fall on the other hand was fucking awful.

I'm a little surprised with the series being retired entirely though, as this would seem to imply. Guerrilla being busy with Horizon makes absolute sense and after building Killzone games for a decade I can imagine they've no interest returning when they've got a new spark of creativity behind them. But I also would have thought Sony would splash some cash at someone to do a Killzone title and provide the PlayStation 5 with an exclusive, franchise branded first person shooter.

Then again, maybe data suggests the Killzone brand doesn't have a lot of sway any more, and maybe internal pitches (I'm sure they existed) lacked a spark to reignite the series popularity. Really, really baffled Killzone 2 never got remastered.

Coop

Jan 9, 2020
So what's the new FPS game of guerrila ? Well, a new IP would be cool, but I think HZD have potencial of a FPS spin-off, something big happend in HZD lore by 2060

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they just don't want to make more games about space Nazi's. The world is plenty dark as it is now, just a thought.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
If any series deserved a Halo MCC style re-master anthology collection (post fix, basically just cleaned up textures at boosted resolutions and frame rates with a smooth UI and all content) Killzone is definitely one of those franchises. Truly an amazing franchise, definitely one of Sony's best

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Killzone was locked away in a dusty closet as soon as Horizon hit it big. Guerrilla never really got that kind of success with Killzone so no reason to keep plugging away at it when they finally have a new IP that's so popular.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Sony has a secret MP project right? Rumor is Socom, guess KZ is out of the picture.

I feel KZ could exist but it would need a different approach. Maybe more semi-realostic and more tactical like Rainbow Six.

One thing that I hate about GG and this franchise...why have they always added so many explosives to their games? It always ruined MP experience for me. Shadow Fall literally turns into a granade spam at spawn points. The past games weren't different. Fucking ridiculous. Took the fun of out the gun play.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Damn, much prefer new killzone over horizon anyday.
The Devs for mercenary should have got a shot, that game was excellent on the vita.

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
Really no point in Killzone when CoD will always have the crown for that genre. Playstation at this point will just keep making "timed" partnerships for CoD.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
This also means that the free Killzone: Liberation DLC is no longer available officially (might be easy enough to find elsewhere, though). Amazing how long Guerrilla kept the download link open on their site. Liberation was a good ass game, btw.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
Thats sad, enjoyed the trilogy, not to keen on Shadow Fall but felt it could come back hard this gen. I know Sony have some good games but they dont have that fps. Seems Guerilla are all out on Horizon and maybe that rumored SOCOM game.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Well, the games will always be available on PSNow, for at least a couple of months, I guess. Anyway, please do release a Resistance collection.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
200.gif

i hope one day...Sony will consider doing a FPS again

having somthing on on par quality with uncharted could be incredible

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
*sigh*

At this point, I'm not surprised anymore. RIP Killzone, join the many other great franchises Sony sees no value in.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
*sigh*

At this point, I'm not surprised anymore. RIP Killzone, join the many other great franchises Sony sees no value in.
It's both a curse and blessing tbh. It's great that Sony always invests in fresh, new IPs. But it sucks for fans of old franchises. Getting a new Horizon instead of a new Killzone isn't the worst of deals. I still want another Killzone someday. Killzone 2 is a Top 5 FPS of all time. Truly loved that game. I prefer the multiplayer of 3 tbh, but the campaign wasn't as good (still great).