• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 19, 2018
All I want is a Killzone 2 remaster with running servers. A game that was both a considerable financial success and won critical acclaim. And not even that is happening :(

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah but it didn't -feel- good when compared to other FPS games out there, Resistance included.
If it did the game and series would have been bigger.

Felt great to me, especially after the update to the controls with the high precision setting. I typically play with high sensitivity and I remember gelling well with my own sweet spot, can't speak for anyone else. Since I mentioned Gears earlier, I managed to acclimate to the gap between firing your gun and the bullets actually materialising with the host advantage that game was notorious for - by 2009 I was ready for it lol.

Aside from that there are a couple of things I think that would have impacted the game more. The campaign itself is great with the locales, battle scenarios and atmosphere but the story and characters are pretty milquetoast in comparison to the competition at the time. In terms of MP I think it was necessary to play as a team, especially in the Warzone mode with shifting objectives. Engineer turrets and drones, grenade spam, having to fight your way out of spawn (I personally relished this, reminded me of Wake Island BF2 lol), lack of fully regenerating health, how to source ammo, complex map design, squad system and revives and importantly having to unlock most of your abilities per class kinda meant that joining any later than launch put you at quite a disadvantage (not sure if I'm remembering that correctly)... It was hectic with a lot of systems and visual noise when playing but that's what I loved about it.

I think there's more than just the controls that would have pushed most away, though I wouldn't doubt they were a difficult hurdle for many.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Or perhaps, I've and many others anjoyed the game more than you and have better taste, how about that? I don't think you read my comment or for the matter understood it, I was referring to your incorrect comment about the MP dying fast, which if you have played the game, you would have known that the MP was active and only with active MP, you can obtain the MP trophies. Now here I'm going to use a word that you like to use, Lmao, at your comment about abandoning an IP, they made 4 games and was time to move on although all KZ games sold pretty well. But hey if you say the game was a mess, it must be true.

PS.
Wonder how would you describe BF4 launch, flawless? 😂

www.eurogamer.net

EA addresses "unacceptable" Battlefield 4 launch

EA has addressed what the boss of the company has described as the "unacceptable" launch of Battlefield 4 - and detaile…
My dude u literally only hear about kills one on forums let alone shadows all. BF4 had a terrible launch and it still managed to be more successful than the space nazi game.