• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Seems the game has reached 100k on steam already according to steamspy, that is really good for a game like KC:D! I hope it does much more!

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
assuming that number is correct, that already paid for the game and there is a lot more to go around. The studio is obviously very good, i'm hoping this cash infusion keeps them going.
Yeah creatively the game is awesome and this studio has a bright future if they can afford to expand their polishing and QA time next go around

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I can't say I like the swordfighting at all...but otherwise this is pretty cool so far.

I've been impressed by the voice acting and cutscene direction. I was expecting a lot more stilted acting and poor English.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GkDy8vk.png

One of those games is not like others :D

New rpg is in top 5 after 2 days of being out!!! UNHEARD OF!!!!

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some extra info regarding tresspassing:
there are 4 levels of trespass
- none
- invisible = pestering, paying attention to player's actions, dogs barking etc, NO CRIME by staying there
- blue trespass = crime after a while
- red trespass = crime after a way shorter while (the resulting crime is the same as the blue one)

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
assuming that number is correct, that already paid for the game and there is a lot more to go around. The studio is obviously very good, i'm hoping this cash infusion keeps them going.
Me too. I'm already looking forward to seeing what they do next. Despite the lackluster technical state of the game, it takes real talent for an indie studio to come up with a package like that.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a limit of chained perfect blocks? Seems that sometimes I hit the enemy after blocking, it defends, I block, attack again, get parried and don't see the green shield icon again.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I think the choice of approach is most appealing, especially when it works. I couldn't find a trader, broke all my lock picks, and needed to get back Skalitz. Watched patrolling guards, waited for one alone, knocked him out, dragged him to a place I figured no one was coming to - stole the gear, mounted my horse and away we were off. I thought I might have been legitimately stuck because of my own inability to lockpick or speech level with Robard.

I spent awhile killing bandits and figuring out to how to better my sword fighting. The game is absolutely breathtaking when storms kick in, and you're marching about with a torch lit. Hopefully the official save patch comes through, and some major tweaks for lockpicking.

Oct 26, 2017
Got my absolute ass kicked twice by the town drunk, that bastard.

My plan is to sneak into his house at night and kill him in his sleep once I get my sword, LOL. That dishonorable cunt is gonna die dishonorably.

Obviously I'm still super early in the game. Without giving too much away, if I sneak in undetected is it possible for me to get away with the murder?

Also, that dice game is incredible. Up 10 gold baby

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So I learned how to read English and Latin in minutes. I should give up this life of adventure and make a killing being scrib.

How? From my understanding reading levels up just like any other skill, first you see the scribe to learn about it, then you only know basic words, and as you try to read books, etc you gradually learn it like all the other skills work.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i want to read more about this game while i'm bored at work

but i also don't want to be spoiled

i just want to play

help

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Got my absolute ass kicked twice by the town drunk, that bastard.

My plan is to sneak into his house at night and kill him in his sleep once I get my sword, LOL. That dishonorable cunt is gonna die dishonorably.

Obviously I'm still super early in the game. Without giving too much away, if I sneak in undetected is it possible for me to get away with the murder?

Also, that dice game is incredible. Up 10 gold baby

Yeah, my first experience in this game with that bastard was an incredible run of failure, amazingly so for the first quest of an RPG.

Got my ass kicked in a fist fight during the first confrontation and had to run home to mom to patch me up.

Broke into his house to try and steal the tools back but had to find lockpicks.

Finally found lockpicks but then proceeded to instantly break all 3 cause the lockpicking was fucking hard.

So I ran up and punched dude in the back of the head to which he immediately surrendered and ran away from me to fuck knows where.

At that point I had no idea where the fucker went so I found my group of friends and convinced them to help me kick his ass so all 4 of us went over and teamed up on him.

He gave me the key and I got the tools back to sell for the charcoal.

Fucking made me love this game right off the bat.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
How? From my understanding reading levels up just like any other skill, first you see the scribe to learn about it, then you only know basic words, and as you try to read books, etc you gradually learn it like all the other skills work.
The scribe just told me I mastered it lol. I haven't actually read a book aside from the ones that are part of the quest. I think I'm like at level 1 or 2 reading.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my first experience in this game with that bastard was an incredible run of failure, amazingly so for the first quest of an RPG.

Got my ass kicked in a fist fight during the first confrontation and had to run home to mom to patch me up.

Broke into his house to try and steal the tools back but had to find lockpicks.

Finally found lockpicks but then proceeded to instantly break all 3 cause the lockpicking was fucking hard.

So I ran up and punched dude in the back of the head to which he immediately surrendered and ran away from me to fuck knows where.

At that point I had no idea where the fucker went so I found my group of friends and convinced them to help me kick his ass so all 4 of us went over and teamed up on him.

He gave me the key and I got the tools back to sell for the charcoal.

Fucking made me love this game right off the bat.
I like how your friends are the type of shitheads you would hang out with too, that whole dung throwing scene felt fairly realistic in terms of how people actually act.

The acting, motions capture in general is very well done; definitely wasnt expecting that going into the game.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Can you get more traps? If not, that is bad. Should post on the steam forums or something where they can see it.
Can't get more traps. Loaded an even earlier save and did the whole thing again (this time it took me about 10min instead of 1h to find all birds). Tried a slightly different approach this time: placed a trap, waited 1h (in-game) hour but I didn't pick it up immediately. Did that three times and collected all traps at once. Glad I can finally finish this quest.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
How do I increase reputation? The soldiers of talmberg try to kill me every time I enter but I'm not sure what I did other than steak some low cost shit that no one saw

Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
After much research I decided to get the xbox version of the game.
I had 3 choices.
Pc with gtx 770 4gb. ps4 pro or xbox one x. I would of preferred the Pc version because of the mods and greater customization but my Pc can probably only run the game on minimal settings. I contemplated upgrading my video card but with the sky high prices it just doesn't seem worth it.

I hope I made the right decision. It's gonna take all day for me to download the patch so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to start to play.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hah Dan Vávra was on czech TV today (primetime for half an hour, this game's release is the biggest gaming deal this country has seen) and he mentioned that Josh Sawyer from Obsidian told him that if Kingdom Come is a success, he thinks about starting his own company and making historical RPG :D

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Near the end of the tutorial, be sure to
Save Teresa from the guys trying to rape her. All you have to do is go up to them, punch one in the back and then DIP. They'll get distracted by you, she'll run away, and you hop on the horse and skedaddle away through that awful horse chase experience

I don't think you have to save her, as she still saves you before the credits begin, even if you don't save her

Damian Mahadevan

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Can't get more traps. Loaded an even earlier save and did the whole thing again (this time it took me about 10min instead of 1h to find all birds). Tried a slightly different approach this time: placed a trap, waited 1h (in-game) hour but I didn't pick it up immediately. Did that three times and collected all traps at once. Glad I can finally finish this quest.

Nice, thanks for the heads up.

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first big bug in 7 hours of gameplay. I got stuck in a house because the doorway wouldnt let me out and the guy came back at night got mad ran and got help and i had a choice of either starving to death inside this house or somehow getting out and cut down lol. Luckily the unlimited save mod svaed about an hour of progress. I wish the horse combat was easier and hopefully some one mods in a cross hair for te bow.