• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so curious about the footage on the 10th, it has to be something new being revealed or else no point in making a trailer than 8 days later a Final Trailer.

Unless the trailer on the 10th is just a already revealed trailer world, like the one we got for Tangled.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I posted it few pages back but it was basically:
Utada's last tour date is December 9th, so it's possible that she reveal Face My Fears on that day during the concert, and next day (10th) we get an Opening movie (or trailer that includes opening in some form) online.

Show the Opening at TGA would be such a blast. =(

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean we already know we are not getting KH3 stuff at TGA..

Actually they never confirmed this, what I'm saying is that it would be good if they reveal the opening at TGA, but yeah, it's easy to conclude it won't be there since we are getting new footage on the 10th.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that first trailer isn't a super hype reveal, so they figure it's better to show it off on its own.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of those people so it'd be nice to have more media where they can't complain about missing sound effects.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is less the lack of sound effects and more that Don't Think Twice just isn't suited to the trailers.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Woo KH2 down, 3 games to go. I had a 6 month break between the 1st and 2nd half of the game, so I felt a bit lost coming back, combat felt much better than the 1st, most of the mandatory boss fights were a joke until the last few, a very jarring change in difficulty that mostly showed I was coasting through without getting too deep into the combat mechanics.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Woo KH2 down, 3 games to go. I had a 6 month break between the 1st and 2nd half of the game, so I felt a bit lost coming back, combat felt much better than the 1st, most of the mandatory boss fights were a joke until the last few, a very jarring change in difficulty that mostly showed I was coasting through without getting too deep into the combat mechanics.

Good thing you didn't start the post game, because in the post game the difficulty in the boss fights goes from 1 to 100 real quick lol

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing you didn't start the post game, because in the post game the difficulty in the boss fights goes from 1 to 100 real quick lol

Yeah, I might get around to it eventually, I think I went through up to Roxas with having to use block on maybe 2 bosses. I also must not have been paying attention and found out that you could level forms until after Xigbar. Valor was lvl3, the rest were lvl1..never used them.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
This is KH2's biggest problem. It's got an amazing battle system, but every difficulty except critical mode is so easy that you can beat the game while ignoring huge parts of it or even without understanding how it works. The game also doesn't do the greatest job of explaining it.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Most used Form: Valor - 22 times
Most used Summon: Chicken Little - 3 times.
Used Antiform: 3 times.

I REALLY didn't take advantage of most of the mechanics. I think a lot of those Valor uses was because it was the 1st option and I'd use it for a heal..

Played on Proud.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
The basic way that you're meant to play the game is to use drives and/or summons pretty much constantly, until you run out of drive gauge. Then once you're in your normal form, you spam magic like a madman until you're almost out of MP, then either cure if you have low health or use a limit if you don't. Once you're totally out of MP and you enter MP Charge, your drive gauge will fill up way faster (the game really doesn't explain this well), which lets you start the drive/summon spam all over again.

Only problem is, when button mashing gets you through 95% of the game on most difficulties, you're unlikely to bother doing any of this unless you already know about it.

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I always have this habit of trying to save up gauge for important/hard fights. That's why in my first playthrough I barely used drive forms other than few boss fights.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
I strangely enough didn't try to experiment with the summoning system in critical mode and just tried to use drive forms on the bosses. A friend had told me that using forms made you turn into anti until master so I only used them as last resort options.

Although I really wish I knew how useful comet and duck flare were, I think it's the most underrated move in the game to be honest.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's part of the reason they made situation command for KH3. It throws all these options to the player's face, so even casual players will be able to execute all these different fancy transformations, limits and attractions throughout their first playthrough.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so curious about the footage on the 10th, it has to be something new being revealed or else no point in making a trailer than 8 days later a Final Trailer.

Unless the trailer on the 10th is just a already revealed trailer world, like the one we got for Tangled.
I'm sticking to gummi ship traversal for one, and then second playable character for the other (barring no new worlds). Or maybe a 'sidequest' trailer that shows the gummi ship, where the coliseum battles will happen, item synthesizing, a mushroom XIII type thing, etc.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking to gummi ship traversal for one, and then second playable character for the other (barring no new worlds). Or maybe a 'sidequest' trailer that shows the gummi ship, where the coliseum battles will happen, item synthesizing, a mushroom XIII type thing, etc.

I still don't believe they will show the other playable character since it will be a small segment of the game, like it was with Roxas. And probably they consider a spoiler.

Anyway, I'm so happy that the KH community is so active in this forum and we are still 2 months away from release. The hype is too strong.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't believe they will show the other playable character since it will be a small segment of the game, like it was with Roxas. And probably they consider a spoiler.

Anyway, I'm so happy that the KH community is so active in this forum and we are still 2 months away from release. The hype is too strong.
It's not like they left us 13 years without a game, people complain a lot but, honestly, we had some quality filler despite some bad plot twists and chi, and the remakes keep people coming

Speaking of Roxas i'd kinda love if they pulled another one of these to make the tutorial, idk, first chapter with kairi or something, lets go nuts( i love seein people bitching bout those lol)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts was released all the way back in 2002. Goddamn.

And Simple and Clean still hasn't gotten old yet.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Pixar actually taking the time to think of why the toys wouldn't have mentioned Sora/bought him up in Toy Story 3 actually makes me smile so much. It's crazy to think that Sora, Donald, Goofy and even Young Xehanort are canon to Toy Story.
Interesting stuff. Disney were never this involved with development before, right?
Yeah I think they were pretty off hands minus the original where they were allowed to have one Mickey appearance in the game. (boy did Nomura pick a good place to put that one) and worlds/characters they'd be allowed to use/not use back then.

They rejected the DDD ending too originally which I find interesting. Must have been something pretty dark, but yeah I think they've been pretty handsoff for the mostpart.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that involvement gives it a really nice touch. I'm sure it'll have a feeling similar to that of the original Kingdom Hearts I felt when visiting a new world.

You can tell from the Toy Storys gangs interactions despite it being a original story that Pixar have made sure that the characters react how you'd expect them to.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, do we know if Monsters Inc. story follows the movie's story, or original plot like Toy Story?

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
The Monsters University movie is actually a prequel where they go to College before the original movie happens.

It was originally pitched as a sequel but evolved into that.
The story takes part definitely after the events of the film.It has been hinted as such through the trailers.
That'd be really great. It's hard to tell, but we do visit places outside of the movie so I guess it could be a semi-sequel to it instead of a retelling.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
There's a Monsters Inc TV show coming which will probably be set after the film, but there's been no official sequel. Kingdom Hearts III is, as far as I know, the first official continuation of the Monster's Inc story.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
oh that's nice. I still haven't watched the original movie yet.
But isn't there a sequel to Monsters Inc? So is it between the 2 movies like Toy Story, or after both movies?

Now that I think about it, yes there was a second film.Never saw it though so I don't know what happens in that film
but by the trailers shown so far it is hinted that the story takes place exactly after the first film ends adn the events that happened.

EDIT:Yeap.There was Monsters University

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I will watch BH6 and Monsters Inc. before KH3 comes out.
I actually want to avoid watching Tangled since I want to go in fresh.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Tangled is so good, though!

Heck, all of the movies represented in the game are real good. But Tangled is one of my favorites.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I am not saying Tangled is bad or anything. I just want to go in without knowing what happens.
I will probably watch the movie after I finish the game.